Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,130 Member
    I took yesterday/sunday as a stretching recovery day for my body. Woke up in the middle of the night with intense bicep pain. After talking about it to my prince charming (hubby) - he said for me to look up Bicep tendonitis. Hmmm... that says DO NOT stretch, as it makes it feel worse! Oh my... Maybe I am in the right path finally. It also mentions to make sure the back/spine is in alignment - so the chiropractor is a smart choice there.

Workout:
    32mins Cardio (which included push ups - which are not painful. they actually seemed to help with the area warming up.
    20mins Squats. Shoulder press. Resistance band rows. RDL's (this was the 1st half of Total Body - Caroline Girvan EPic Day 9 )

WEight 105.4 ( up 2# since I was on vacation, but on vacation I just chose not to eat)

My protein is down, maybe around 50g a day... I'm going to increase that and see how my body responds. It should help ward off snacking.
  • SherryRueter
    Lower weights definitely should be easier on the joints.

@Ceebeeslim - Oh gosh... if 30 mins is doable, and 60 is not... then how about tryng 5 mins of stretching (kind of a warm up. do like 1minute of Sun salutations, 1 minute of reverse Lunges, 1 minute of hamstring stretch, 1 minute of shoulder circles (you get the picture) .... make it from a 30min workout to a 35 min workout.)

the level of detail, wondering if you've missed something like you said, we are blessed to have them, blessed to be chosen to do this role, but.... yeah. Like ... can I do more?
    This weeks challenge for mom - the nursing home is supposed to have her on a heart healthy diet - but they are feeding her foods like HAM and mashed potatoes. Lasagne and Bread. And mom says "I know that can't be low sodium." Kuddos for her for knowing that! So, I call the nursing home and the nutritionist ensures me, she is getting low sodium. I'm not 100% sure I agree. I told mom, if she wants to reduce the sodium, she could just eat half of the Ham. Just do smaller portions. ON a positive note, she is down 5#. YAY.

@Ceebeeslim - I hope the skilled nurse and PT visits go well this week for Mom and help put your mind
    at ease.

@justgirl81 . I must not have myself convinced that I also NEED to be clean of tobacco. strange. This is what I thought of immediately when I read your comments:

Tobacco is a drug so is Sugar. Being a christian and all, I personally make the case that addictions do not help our body. Be it sugar addictions or tobacco. And if it is killing our body, then how similar is that to eve when she took that apple? She was tempted by the devil and decided, what the heck?!?! Isn't this so similar to us? I think of these things as the devil saying "try me... come on, you know you want to... just one. It can't be that bad can it? I mean, what's God going to do? He certainly won't......" Its really a battle on a spiritual level as much as a physical level.

• SherryRueter
    Bicep day. I'm not sure that was a great idea. My shoulder feels stressed. A 2 or 3 on the pain scale.
    Used 8 # and 5# and 3# but did about 36 reps and 25 reps.
    Hammer curl
    Alternating cork screw curl
    Y Curl
    W curl
    Standard Curl

used Carolines "Bicep Blowout" workout as a guide, but only followed her move. Then between each Bicep curl, I did abs.

This obviously did not go well for me. Day 3 of pain. Today at work its horrible as I have to type and am not moving as much.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 29
    Monday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.2 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Philipians 2)**
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. *
    3. Bed by 9pm LATEST. *
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress. *
  • SherryRueter
    Monday - Horrible bicep pain. Did Cardio and a little total body. Arm hurt bad all day.

Tuesday - Arm feels SO much better. I found a new Youtube video that helped me out a lot.
    The plan is to do as this video describes, for a month.
    https://youtu.be/ZZmPlBKid6c?si=1JCECGBAyQIxw-hS
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    Sorry to hear about the pain @SherryRueter but glad you found something to help alleviate it.

Will meet with doc today and hopefully get some clear guidance on mom’s care. A lot of the stress comes from getting different instructions from different docs and if it’s hard for docs as some say - it’s mind bending for a lay person!

Trying to get lost in the Olympics and focusing on the positive!
  • justgirl81
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.1 lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Philipians 3)***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. **
    3. Bed by 9pm LATEST. *
  • SherryRueter

@ceebeeslim Hoping that appt. was good for you and you gained clarity. Is mom still in her own home? My mom is.... well, she's at the nursing home for this week, it's looking like we are getting to move her back home sometime around August 8th. Isn't that JUST my luck. The 10th of august we were going to go to 6 flags in St. Louis to celebrate my daughters 25th birthday. _ so that may get pushed to the 17th if I have to go to IOWA to help take care of mom for a few days (hoping 5-7 max).

@justgirl81 Hoping you have 5 stars on each of those by the end of the week.

Accountability: Steady state cardio (30min) & 20mins EPIC ENDGAME Legs (Day 11???)
    Recommitting today to what I did the End of June - the 3 day refresh. I 'cooked up' this idea this morning .... I figure I have 3 days, Wed/Thur/Fri - and I have all of the ingredients needed. And LAST month when I did it, I was able to drop a couple pounds with less effort. SO - I made my plan and here I go.

1. Water 24oz+ each - ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜
    2. Banana/Blueberry/Protein shake - ✅
    3. Flaxseed and Chia 1/day - ✅
    4. Lemon Tea at 9 am - ✅
    5. Noon: ⬜Veggie ⬜Protein shake ⬜Fruit (beets/chocolate/banana)
    6. Energy Drink at 1pm (stave off the munchies)
    7. Bring Along Veggies for "2-4pm"
    8. Lemon Tea at 2pm - ⬜
    9. Dinner & Done: ⬜200cal Protein ⬜2c greens(recipe is Coconut veggies) ⬜1T Miso broth
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    Appt went well @SherryRueter. He cleared up a lot of conflicting information from docs. Most importantly he was warm and listened to all my questions. My hubby’s cardiologist friend jokes that he always sighed when seeing daughters as the main point of contact as caregivers - the rep is that we are relentless with all the questions! 😄. Will know more once new set of labs come back.

Will have to be with me in my home for at least another 6 weeks. I’m sure this is disappointing to my dad who wants to go home bur it is what it is.

Lowest weight I’ve been in months so feeling good
    and motivated.

@SherryRueter - hope you can manage your mom and your daughter’s birthday! Sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from crying!
  • SherryRueter
    edited July 31
    Updating my progress for today... Click Spoiler to see, or don't. The choice is yours.

1. Water 24oz+ each - ✅ ✅ ⬜ ⬜
    2. Banana/Blueberry/Protein shake - ✅
    3. Flaxseed and Chia 1/day - ✅
    4. Lemon Tea at 9 am - ✅
    5. Noon: ✅Veggie ✅Protein shake ✅Fruit (beets/chocolate/banana)
    6. Energy Drink at 1pm (stave off the munchies)✅
    7. Bring Along Veggies for "2-4pm" 😕I forgot to 😕
    8. Lemon Tea at 2pm - ⬜
    9. Dinner & Done: ⬜200cal Protein ⬜2c greens(recipe is Coconut veggies) ⬜1T Miso broth[/quote]

• justgirl81
    Wednesday
    Workout: 8 mile run, 1 mile walk

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Philipians 4)****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. ***
    3. Bed by 9pm LATEST. *
  • SherryRueter
    Thurs:

1. Water 24oz+ each - ✅ ✅ ⬜ ⬜
    2. Protein shake - ✅
    3. Flaxseed and Chia 1/day - ⬜
    4.Noon: ✅Veggie ✅Protein ✅Fruit (beets/Turkey/Grapes)
    5. Cardio workout ✅ Sun/Swimpool ✅
    7. "2-4pm" Treat ✅
    8. Lemon Tea - ⬜
    9. Dinner & Done: ⬜200cal Protein ⬜2c greens ⬜1T Miso broth
  • SherryRueter
    Thurs Accountability: - pretty good. Im really dogging my Protein intake. But the Veggie/fruit category is looking nice.

1. Water 24oz+ each - ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
    2. Protein shake - ✅
    3. Flaxseed and Chia 1/day - ⬜
    4.Noon: ✅Veggie ✅Protein ✅Fruit (beets/Turkey/Grapes)
    5. Cardio workout ✅ Sun/Swimpool ✅
    7. "2-4pm" Treat ✅
    8. Lemon Tea - ⬜
    9. Dinner & Done: ⬜200cal Protein ✅2c greens ⬜1T Miso broth
  • SherryRueter
    Todays workout: Upper body Caroline Girvan Day 12.
  • justgirl81
    Thursday
    Workout: 8 mile run, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: none

Friday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.7 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Colossians 1 and 2)******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. *****
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *****
  • justgirl81
    Saturday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.1 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Colossians 1 and 2)*******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. *****
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ******

I may try warm prune juice again. It didn't work last time I tried it but who knows.
  • justgirl81
    Lower weights definitely should be easier on the joints.

@justgirl81 . I must not have myself convinced that I also NEED to be clean of tobacco. strange. This is what I thought of immediately when I read your comments:

Tobacco is a drug so is Sugar. Being a christian and all, I personally make the case that addictions do not help our body. Be it sugar addictions or tobacco. And if it is killing our body, then how similar is that to eve when she took that apple? She was tempted by the devil and decided, what the heck?!?! Isn't this so similar to us? I think of these things as the devil saying "try me... come on, you know you want to... just one. It can't be that bad can it? I mean, what's God going to do? He certainly won't......" Its really a battle on a spiritual level as much as a physical level.

@SherryRueter Just saw this. Yes girl! I agree; spiritual warfare.

• justgirl81
    edited August 5
    Sunday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.7 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Colossians 4, 3 yesterday)*
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress.

I can't fight anymore. I have to give this battle to God. I don't know what's wrong with my stomach but I've tried everything I can think of; every piece of advice, every research guide, every plan, every supplement, every exercise. I give it to God now. This life isn't about me anyway, it's about Him and His purposes.
  • SherryRueter
    @justgirl81 - Hugs and prayers.

I have a terrible sinus issue. Likely the new FLiRt varient of covid No workout for me today. I did get in my steps the last few days at least. Nutrition is under calories (pretty sure on that).
  • justgirl81
    Monday
    Workout: 9 miles run, 1 mile walk

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Thessalonians 1)**
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. **
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress.

I think I maybe use smoking cigars as an excuse to not socialize. I never smoke in front of people, only alone, after all my work is done at the end of the day. Its like the only time where I just zone out and totally don't worry. I believe in the biochemical imbalance correction approach to addiction and am wondering if I'm experiencing the GABA deficiency connection to tobacco. I'm going to do some more research.