Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Replies

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 345 Member
    Tuesday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.3 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (James 2) ***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ***
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.**
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. ***
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,129 Member
    I personally have not felt like posting. Mostly because I'm trying to regain my footing on my nutrition.
    Yesterday, my 3 day refresh (a beachbody 3 day nutrition program) arrived. As I've mentioned, I've done this several times in my life and it really helps get me on track eating the right portions and foods. IT also helps me be regular in my BMs (which is something i struggle with when I'm not eating enough fiber).

So, I made a plan for today, which follows the 3 Day refresh, but plan to actually start the 3 days on Sunday -

WOrkouts are going well. I have an MRI for my right shoulder on the 16th (SOOO looking forward to the doctors read out on that. the pain is ridiculous.)
  • SherryRueter
    Ladies --- What ideas do you have on "HOW TO GET ME TO STICK TO MY MEAL PLAN?"
    I see a trend. I make a meal plan. I rarely 'enjoy what I wrote' enough to stick to it.
    I either don't eat the planned meal, or I add snacks that are not on the plan.

DO you meal plan? WHat about meal prep? Maybe if I had it all prepped for a few days prior I would be more compliant. IDK...seeing what you do and seeing what I can implement.

September weight goal: 104

1. ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    2. โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    3. ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    4. ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    5. ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes
    6. ๐Ÿงฎ= I stuck to my meal Plan
    7. ๐Ÿฅ= Calorie Burn over 2000
    8. ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements

Sep 09:๐Ÿฅ› X ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ X X ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 10:๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿ“š X ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 11:๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿ“š X ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 12:
    Sep 13:
    Sep 14:
    Sep 15:
    Sep 16:
    Sep 17:

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Well, seeing as though I am no master of maintenance, nor have I reached my goal weight, and have yo-yo'd from 5-20 pounds from where I want to be, take this with a big old pile of salt lol.
    I do NOT meal plan. I find with my ADHD, the time and effort involved, then trying to keep up with it, just doesn't happen. I tried Paprika for a bit, thought it was great, but that didn't last long. Same for meal prepping.
    So, my method (which does result in feeling satiated and losing steadily when I can stick to it) is thus:
    • Focus on protein - reduce carbs. Higher protein/fats keeps me feeling full, even quite full, rather than having to battle the hangries all day (which I am not good at - at all).
    • I try to preplan that night's dinner, I will enter that into my tracker, along with my morning creamer in my coffee. Then, drinks, dessert, lunch and snacks can fit into what is left.
    • I keep "easy" snacks on hand (cheese, nuts, olives, pickles)
    • I buy and freeze pre-made meals for the days I'm not up to cooking or have to go to the office for lunch. I get mine through Chef Eatz, they're only in the SE US but the highest quality ones I have found that are real food and not swimming in sauces and piled in salt.
    • I bought a little chest freezer so I could stock up on things like frozen veggies and meats (some of that for budgetary reasons too), and this way I only have to make a quick stop at the grocery store for things I ran out of that week or for fresh stuff like greens. Not having to face down a huge shopping list makes me more likely to eat at home rather than put it off and order in too much.
  • justgirl81
    Wednesday
    Workout: 5m walk
    Weigh In: none
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Thursday
    Workout: 8 miles run
    Weigh In: 107.9 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (James 3 and 4) *****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.**
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *****
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.****
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. ****
  • justgirl81
    edited September 13
    Friday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 2m walk
    Weigh In: 108.9 lbs (ugh)
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (James 5) ******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.***
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *****
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.*****

• justgirl81
    Sherry,
    I meal prep. I have been praying a lot about this particular topic and think that I need to change my approach. I was much healthier when I followed guidelines rather than the strict meal prepping I've been doing. I've gotten too rigid in my eating and I want to correct that.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    Hi Pals. Been dealing with some side effects of momโ€™s new meds so havenโ€™t posted in a while. Finishing up week 3 of iron and staying consistent.

Staying pretty much consistent on nutrition, too - not as many rollercoaster days and trying very very very VERY hard to bring my faith into my fitness habits/goals - using Bible verses to motivate and sustain my efforts.

If any of yall keep prayers lists, put me on yours!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • justgirl81
    Saturday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 2m walk
    Weigh In: 107.9 lbs (ugh)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Peter 1) *******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.***
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ******
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.******
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    Have any of you ever used a coach to reach your fitness goals? Would you - if $ wasnโ€™t a factor?

Wondering if it could help but also wondering that if I know what I need to do, I should be able to just do it. But alas I donโ€™t - at least long enough to reach my goals.

Life does get in the way but maybe if I put out $$ Iโ€™d be more invested?
  • justgirl81
    Sunday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 2m walk
    Weigh In: 107.2 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Peter 2) *
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.*
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. *

So nauseous. No idea why.
  • justgirl81
    Have any of you ever used a coach to reach your fitness goals? Would you - if $ wasnโ€™t a factor?

Personally, I would try it (if it was free) because I like getting feedback from another perspective with new ideas.
  • HoneyBadger302

If money wasn't a factor, yes, I would. I've worked loosely with coaches here and there, but the monthly fees I've just never been able to justify, even at a good price, it seems like most are over $200/month (or more) and just more than I feel I have to spend in addition to everything else I'd already be spending on food, workout equipment, etc.
    ---
    Good weekend here, and starting to settle back into the routine. Doesn't happen overnight but getting there.
    Tweaking the HRT after my 10 week check in (which we moved up a few days), so fingers crossed that does the trick on the lingering issues I've got giving me problems.
  • justgirl81
    edited September 17
    Monday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 2m walk
    Weigh In: 106.7 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Peter 3) **
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.*
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. **
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.*
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. *
  • MaryM6316
    MaryM6316 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone. I hope this group is accepting new members. I have yet to figure out how mfp communities work and have been left disappointed with zero interaction. (Other than random men wanting to be friends) not looking for that, just want an accountability group to keep me on track. I've done noom for a year and am not renewing. Logging has helped me reach and maintain my final goal but the comminuty is where I got the support. Hope I have landed in the right place. ๐Ÿคž
  • HoneyBadger302
    Hi everyone. I hope this group is accepting new members. I have yet to figure out how mfp communities work and have been left disappointed with zero interaction. (Other than random men wanting to be friends) not looking for that, just want an accountability group to keep me on track. I've done noom for a year and am not renewing. Logging has helped me reach and maintain my final goal but the comminuty is where I got the support. Hope I have landed in the right place. ๐Ÿคž

This group has stayed at least minimally active for a while now, although like many groups tends to go up and down.
    Another group I have been a part of long before they moved to MFP is the BLC (Biggest Loser Challenge) which has a team (the Power Prism Panthers) who are more focused on maintenance and personal goals than some of the other teams, although there are teams that are more challenge focused, etc, so whatever your "flavor" is there's probably a team for you. Their fall round just started last week, but the Registration link is here which should open at some point for the next round (or they may let a late comer in - that's outside my realm though lol) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

Welcome to the group!

---

Today is my "in office" day, which - on the one hand isn't the worst thing, at least it's only once a week, but when there is little to no reason for you to keep this chair warm rather than the one at home (where I don't have to deal with commuting, scheduling doggos, and can utilize breaks or down time to get stuff done....) I tend to still be a little grumpy about it. Having to get up EXTRA early just to beat the worst of the traffic doesn't help, but even leaving the house at 6:30 a few areas are starting to back up.
    Took the baby bike in today though (Z125) so at least it made the ride in a bit more fun lol. That thing is such a hoot.
  • SherryRueter

Wondering if it could help but also wondering that if I know what I need to do, I should be able to just do it. But alas I donโ€™t - at least long enough to reach my goals.

Life does get in the way but maybe if I put out $$ Iโ€™d be more invested?

I've hired a food freedom coach twice now. KellyLwellness dot com
    "effective, research-based programs that help you finally listen to your body again & cut out diet culture noise - so you can stop feeling so damn crazy around food.

Once last year for 2-3 months and again started in September.
    Having the $ in the game has helped me focus on what I need to do and, she offers a teaching course that helps me understand what is going on in my mind and ways to manage it better.

She has a podcast: https://www.kellylwellness.com/blog/001

and I pay monthly $29 so... a dollar a day. Totally worth it for me. I'm finally feeling like I am making babysteps forward again - which I had NOT been doing because after my mom's severe heart attack my emotions and nutrition went sideways.... also this shoulder injury has NOT helped in the least - being awak 3-4 times a night wincing in pain.... I know that plays into it.

Hit me up if you want more info on her. She is also on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/kellylwellness/?hl=en

• SherryRueter
    I have also had a Food Plan coach for 2 months. But I found it TOOO hard to follow her food plan. I'm sure it would have resulted in weight loss but, I couldn't eat the foods (and cook for my family). It just didn't work for me.

I have also done "Breanne Freeman/ BFIT" which has workouts (loved) and Nutrition (provided, with swaps, all in the right macros and calories) but again- the nutrition was "eat this for breakfast" this for lunch...and HOW in the heck am I supposed to feed the rest of my family. I"m sure it works for individuals who don't have others to feed. But it was too much for me.

the Food Freedom doesn't want me to track or weigh in but to go off of AM I HUNGRY? if so you should eat. AM I NOT HUNGRY? (Normally I answer NO) THen food isn't going to solve your problem sherry, right? (Right, that sucks big time). So what is your exact problem (I'm out of work and typing on Myfitnesspal at work instead of doing my job. I feel a little guilty and ashamed of this behavior). Well, I get that, so What COULD you be doing instead of 1) eating food that you're not hungry for and 2) typing on social media sites? What could you be doing that would be more3 work related? (taking a LinkedIN training course could work) How bout you try that.

• SherryRueter

HI. welcome! yes - we are always accepting new members here! I would LOVE to have you post more often. We've been kinda light in posts lately. ANd I normally don't post here on the weekends.
  • SherryRueter