SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Options

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Got on the scale for an unwelcome surprise! Up almost 4 pounds! When I went back to see what I “ATE” - which wasn’t much at all and I was so proud of myself - it was what I DRANK! Ugh!

I don’t drink at all but my husband took me out for my birthday and I had sweet drinks - pina coladas - and stupidly forgot to log it. Ugh - the cream. Sugar. Etc.

Oh well - they tasted good and I probably won’t have anymore til next year.

I also realized I’ve been putting too much emphasis on my workouts. I know they don’t burn a lot of calories. It’s the nutrition and NEAT - the latter which I will work to increase substantially.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Workout: 8 mile run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 7) *
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) *
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)*

Great day at Church. So grateful to Heavenly Father God for our Savior Lord Jesus Christ! <3
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,001 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    it was what I DRANK! Ugh!
    Ugh - the cream. Sugar. Etc.

I also realized I’ve been putting too much emphasis on my workouts.
    It’s the nutrition and NEAT - the latter which I will work to increase substantially.

You know it girl. And the extra calories, you could put towards a longer walk. Just get back into the whole foods, the drinking zero cal bevvys and you'll get it. I bet the 4# will drop as soon as they came on. Its just a blip in the game of "maintaining weight'.

• SherryRueter
    edited June 24
    Options
    justgirl81 wrote: »

4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.

Great day at Church. So grateful to Heavenly Father God for our Savior Lord Jesus Christ! <3

Hey there :) Just wondering how #4 is going?
    I agree - Sunday's are awesome.

You inspired me to add *start a prayer journal * to my list.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Saturday and SUnday went SOOO good.
    You just don't know how good you can feel until you find something to latch onto and then feel so good doing it.

As I mentioned, I'm doing a 3 day Reset. (Its a marketted plan from Beachbody). I've done it several times in the past, and decided, I just wanted to do it again. Spent the $50 and I'm SO glad I did.

I have NOT stepped on the scale (AKA, gravity indicator). But I feel like this is right internally.
    I'm getting in plenty of fiber, veggies, a few fruits and feel satisfied and full at the end of my meals.
    I don't feel like i'm craving crap, I don't feel low on energy, and I don't feel hungry.

OH, and i've had 3 packets of Equal - but no sugar, or anything else. The equal packet I dump onto my lettuce greens instead of salad dressing.
    Yesterday I had 3-4 stalks of celery and 1tsp Peanut butter melted with 1tsp coconut oil. Oh my GOOOOOODNESS this was like candy. It was so good. SOOO GOOD.

I have enough product that I can make this a 4 or 5 maybe 6 days plan. (**because one of the meals of the day I am having a vegan protein instead of a shake, same # of calories.)

Today:
    ojo7e9aru08i.jpg
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    It’s great to hear how well you’re doing @SherryRueter. Funny how we can inspire each other at different times! Dad’s birthday was yesterday. Done with the cake and ice cream for a while. I saw this and realized I suffer from a bit of this.

z53gs55l0hrd.jpeg

I wonder if this why I’m not as consistent or trying as hard as I know I need to be CONSISTENTLY. I’m not unhappy with the way I look - could lose some lower belly pudge, but because I’m bombarded with “you’re so little already, you’re in great shape, what do you have to lose” - it takes away some of the urgency.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.7 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 9) **
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) **
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.*
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)**
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    okay - I will weigh myself tomorrow. SO that means....
    ... today will be beyond perfect .... right?!?!? that's how we get the motivation to do perfect days, we threaten ourselves to be weighed and worship a piece of plastic.

@Ceebeeslim - Yes - yes - Yes. Because you are hearing others say "you are so little" that takes away the urgency.
    But is that what they are internally saying? In their heads they could also be saying,
    "Man, I wish I had that dedication.
    Man, I wish I had half of her dedication.
    I should be doing what she does.
    She has a LOT of willpower. I couldn't do that.
    If she would just have some cake or ice cream or french fries, that would make me feel better."

A LOT of people tell the "newbie" Instagram fitness influencer, "oh you can't do that job. You're nobody. You're okay the way you are. You won't succeed. Just give up." The newbie influencer has to shut all of that out if they are going to "make it big".

Same with the last few pounds. Shutting out their voices.

The past few months I've unfollowed, unfriended several people and started to make my social media focus smaller and more focused on the ladies that I aspire to be. To feed off of their energy.

This means that this fitness group, has GOOD energy.

I think I will hit my weight goal tomorrow. I feel it.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Today has been great. I know its 3:30 but, its been great. Enjoying it.
    At work the team went out to mexican. I ordered just the grilled veggies and the pile of lettuce from the Fajita . No rice. No Beans. No cheese. No tortilla. No, no no no no.
    and it was delish. Loved it. even took 1/3rd of it home because it was filling.

then, at work I got my Vanilla shake with some ice and sipped on that protein all afternoon so far.

Today will be successful.

I'm enjoying not eating processed foods.
    I'm enjoying not having meat.
    I'm enjoying the veggies.
    I'm enjoying the fruit.

I feel focused
    I feel satiated
    I feel happy

I've been off 95% of the addictive stuff for 4 days now - Oh my God.... that stuff is as addictive as cigarettes, alcohol, etc. Do you realize that too?

I hope to be able to continue this type of eating. And ask myself before I eat, "How will this mess with my body chemically and hormonally?" Because a LOT of those Ultra processed foods /(hell all of them) do mess with you.

I say HOPE because "IN THE MOMENT" the choice is SO hard.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.4lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 10) ***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily**
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ***
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.**
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)**

• justgirl81
    Options
    ... today will be beyond perfect .... right?!?!? that's how we get the motivation to do perfect days, we threaten ourselves to be weighed and worship a piece of plastic.

I consider it collecting data and analyzing what brings desired results.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    ky6cvsg3en91.png
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    justgirl81 wrote: »

I consider it collecting data and analyzing what brings desired results.

Very insightful. Collecting data.
    Analyzing the data.
    Seeing if what you did brought forth the results you desired.

3ikccei6scxd.png

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Check in...

Took out my scale this morning, its in the closet on the top shelf.
    Out of sight, out of mind, right?!?!?

Went pee.
    Stepped on scale. re calibrated scale. Let it reset to blank. Took weight.
    105.8 ..whaaat ?!?!? NAILED it! SOO happy (well, pleased)

I told myself prior to weighing in,
    #1 This week is messed up - I normally workout at 6am. THis week its been 5:30am and only 50 ish minutes plus a little walking. because my daughter is using my car while hers is in the shop.

#2 I have done a good job - (No "I hope I have done a good job" about it! ) the HOPE was that it ALSO shows up on the scale. I KNOW that it feels good inside of me.

Yesterday- at our work Team gathering we went out for Mexican - I ordered grilled fajita - just the veggies and lettuce (the waiter gave me weird looks). It was sooo good and sooo filling.

Things I've learned.
    1) I feel less bloated when I'm eating whole foods only
    2) I don't miss meat.
    3) I feel more confident and comfortable in my skin
    4) I feel better. I have sustained energy.
    5) Boy do Ultra processed foods show their addictive qualities! I can SEE it, it's like my eyes are open for the first time. How the processing makes you crave more. And how that in and of itself is the addiction and chemical warefare that we had put our bodies thru. Before reaching for the next "processed goodie" or even "slice of homemade pie" I hope I will think about how it will interact with my body and mindset.
    6) My bicep is feeling so much better and I am enjoying the shorter less intense workouts. I think my body likes them MORE than the hammering I was doing. AND the super intense workouts, perhaps DID make me crave more crap. This feels good.

Okay - i'm repeating myself and making a LONG post. I hope you found something in there that related to you as well.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Wonderful!! Great job @SherryRueter!! What a testament to hard work, resisting temptation and doing what you know is right for your body!

It’s funny how that much power that scale says! I too have to talk to myself before stepping on a even when I know I’ve been consistent and “good”.

Thanks for writing all that down! It could be a blog post somewhere. Simple lessons with huge impact! I agree with all of your points. All of them.

What do you think made you stay consistent, resist that temptation, kept your eyes on the prize - even when you’re already “fit-ish”. That is my constant struggle!!!! Reveal the secret! 🤣🤣

I’ve tried self talk based on common sense, spirituality, health, war against the food industry - it just doesn’t stick. It did before I just have a harder time doing it now??

Today will be interesting - I had the SC trip for my dad, my birthday, Fathers Day, my dad’s birthday, a major family visit (happening now), doc visit for my parents - so my consistency was non-existent. Today is the first day of normal. I have no excuses, rationalizations, etc for bad decisions.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Wonderful!! Great job @SherryRueter!! What a testament to hard work, resisting temptation and doing what you know is right for your body!

What do you think made you stay consistent, resist that temptation, kept your eyes on the prize - even when you’re already “fit-ish”. That is my constant struggle!!!! Reveal the secret! 🤣🤣

Thank you.

AND...
    It's like the alcoholic who one day realizes enough is enough and simply stops.
    the cigarette guy who smoked for years, who one day quits.
    the drug addict that just says NO and quits.
    All I can say is that it was a line in the sand that I simply decided to step over.

One morning, before my workout, i have 1 hour of Me time. and in that me time I was scrolling thru my old posts on facebook and kept seeing that I did the Beachbody program, the 3 Day refresh and all of the success I had with it in releasing a few pounds and resetting my taste buds to wanting the healthy food. IT has been a WHILE since I did it. Like 2-3 years.
    and I decided to order it. Its like $60. IT was coming the day after vacation was over in Biloxi.
    While at biloxi I started to just want to order the salad (which I commonly will do). But I also chose to not eat junk - partially bc it wasn't available and because I didn't want to feel fat and ugly on a vacation.

The reset came and again, I fell into my happy place. The way it is laid out just works for me. It costed $ so I didn't want to stray from the plan (that helps). and I started to feel SO good mentally immediately. IT also HELPS that I had to reduce my workouts to be bodyweight and low impact cardio due to my Bicep and back strains. So some of it is that high impact workouts make you crave more junk (imo). Having a more gentle workout, made the meals seem like the right amount.

Finally I am feeling hunger. and enjoying it.
    Finally I am feeling like my old self. that I'm on the right path.

• CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @SherryRueter 👏👏👏👏👏

Thank you. Desire, hope, knowledge, etc - all good but consistency is key key key!! Good tips - if it’s not available you can’t eat it! Investing some $$ helps (have to think how I can do that). I also decreased the intensity of my workouts by reducing my weight and in easing the reps.

So far so good today. Consistency. Consistency. Consistency.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Weigh In: 107.7lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 11) ****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily**
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ****
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Thursday
    Weigh In: 107.7lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 12) *****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily***
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) *****
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)***

Day one Slippery Elm for my digestive system. I'm praying it helps.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Slippery Elm?? What’s that @justgirl81?

Doing well. Losing the sugar weight from the overeating slowly. Increasing my NEAT daily. Into the weekend which can be a danger zone, but I won’t let it.