Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,755 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,048 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen.—Alan Watts
    I AM: My natural curiosity makes it easy for me to explore new areas.
    Action for Happiness: Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    Happy National Vanilla Ice Cream Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to do great work is to love what you do.—Steve Jobs
    Day 204 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.38 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-5PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, At Home Resistance Bands: Legs/Core after breakfast, Pliability: Quads + Hams before work and 60 min walk in the afternoon.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,939 Member
    2c3bx5yk8zk5.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,254 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did door dash go? How did the chiro go and the interview? Today was nice, I joined a Silver Sneaker core exercise class today online, that was good for me!! I NEED one on balance!! I think you all know my left foot is not normal size, it does create issues.

vrinafvh4u2s.png
    @Patti241 HI Patti!! Are you ready for it to get HOT HOT again? SIGH!! LOL I am starting to count down the days!
    @Aalley5, Ready for a vaca?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,926 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. I am scheduled to doordash from 12 to 3:30 today I believe. I am hoping I make decent money. It is raining today, so the weather is going to be yucky I think. I will figure it out though. I am hoping I can make it through the day without a nap. That would be nice. Yesterday I think I napped once.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Door dash went alright. It was not hardly busy at all. My interview went well. They said I should know soon. The chiro was great at well. That is awesome that you joined the silver sneaker class. I do think you have mentioned your foot before.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink.—Epicurus
    I AM: I am true to my values.
    Action of Happiness: Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    Happy National Amelia Earhart Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—H. Jackson Brown Jr.
    Day 205 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.56 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, 30 min walk and 15 min Stretching in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Wrists + Shoulders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah I am ready for the hot weather sort of I guess.
  • aalley5
    @Dianedoessmiles1, I'll be ready soon!
    I'm glad you had a good visit! It's great you joined Silver Sneakers!
    I had cushion shots in my knees today. I'm hoping it helps.
    :)
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , Tuesday I think are the slowest day for people eating out. Weds though it picks up some. How did today go? I'd imagine the best day would be Friday for people at work ordering food well that is if the majority of people get their check deposited etc. on Friday. SO HAPPY now a days we do not need to go during lunch to a bank and spend most of it waiting and waiting in line using up our lunch break! Rarely do I do see anyone at the bank I use. Its been there for an eon of time, but how? No clue on that either!! Hopefully you'll hear about the job soon. Yes, Silver Sneakers is pretty neat! I am enjoying it.
    @Patti241, LOL not like we get a choice huh? This coming week back in the lower 80s, but I'll take that any day over the 90s!
    @Aalley5, are you heading to the ocean? Swimming in your future? I am surprised how much I enjoyed swimming again!! Last year when a friend and I went, we were in the ocean for about an hour and my core temp dropped to low. YO!! Scared me!! But I just swam and swam this week with no issues. It was in the high 80s, low 90s when I started to get chilled to much I went out of the water and was fine. Hope your knees feel better today? Are you bone on bone?
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Not having the best situation, but seeing the best in your situation is the key to happiness.—Marie Forleo
    I AM: I am worthy of being my best self.
    Action for Happiness: Notice when you are feeling judgmental and be kind instead.
    Happy National Hire A Veteran Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.—G.K. Nelson
    Day 206 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.24 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work,30 min EMOM 10 Push Ups, 20, Sit Ups and 30 Air Squats all reps in 1 min after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: Arya and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a good day today. I can tell. I am hoping that things will be a little bit busier with Door dash today. Yesterday I literally made like $12.75 for 2 hours. Not a good day. Weird though because Wednesday are also a payday so you would think it would be a bit busier.

@aalley5 - I do hope those cushion shots work for your knees.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yesterday was super slow for me. I did not make that much. I am hoping for better today. I do think Fri, Sat, and Sun will probably be my busier days. I am hoping I hear something soon from AAA. It would be nice to be offered the job.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah we don't have any choice. It was better outside yesterday so I was able to mow the back lawn.

• aalley5
    @Tabatha_Cain - I do too!
    I was able to get on my feet today and do this workout with modifiers. Thankful for that!
    Chris Fryetag says, "There's no shame in the modification game!"
    https://youtu.be/5AqGjuWDDEc?si=UOz3xZgNPWumibCR
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    Good afternoon all. Another warm day in Amarillo. Kayla and I did get a walk in. I am really trying to get back on track. Today set timer so I get up and move and get away from computer. Been very lazy and tired and watching too much TV. Well I need to move. Hugs all. Have a great rest of the day.

Today's affirmation:
    I come to life with an Open Mind,
    Clean Hands, and a Loving Heart.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain if persistence were a job you'd be HIGH UP in the rank!! You keep going and doing your best. That shows the character you have!! Its so good to be a leader with you!! WTG hon on NOT GIVING UP!!!
    @Patti241, I MISS at times mowing the lawn. It smells so good as one does so.
    @Aalley5, NEAT I like that video!!!
    @Kurtize, is it the heat that has you not wanting to move around? Thankfully this weekend the humidity will be LOW!! I want to get out though not yet quite sure what I'll do. A friend and I haven't hung around, I think a beach walk is needed!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and well it is going to be whatever it will be. I am going to have to get my exercises going and stay strong in those. I have to get them done. I cannot slack any longer.

@aalley5 - That is awesome. So glad you were able to go that exercise program with modification. That is definitely a step forward.
    @Kurtize - I hope it is not too warm for you today. I have to get back on track as well. I have to do something. I have to get away from the tv.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Sometimes I don't do my best. Last night I had a slice of pizza with a slice of italian cheese bread for dinner, and for lunch I had a double chocolate muffin that was 710 calories. So I know I did not do my best yesterday. I stepped on the scale and gained weight. That really stung. I am a bit depressed from not having a job. So I am eating junk again.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Life begins on the other side of despair.—Jean Paul Sartre
    I AM: I am made to bounce back harder.
    Action for Happiness: Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    Happy National Aunt and Uncle Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.—Winston Churchill
    Day 207 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.6 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-1PM so getting my 1 mile/45 min walk in at work, Speed Deadlift Day in the gym after work, Pliability: Ankles + Hips and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah I agree with you on the grass smelling good.
  • aalley5
    Today's workout done. Back to bicycle riding and swimming, plus I can now lift light weights! I'm so thankful for my healing!

What's your favorite Summer Olympic game to watch? Mine is gymnastics and diving.

tel6on1c2p48.gif
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    Not much new, Kayla and I went for a walk at 8:30, then shopping and to Goodwill, gave away some exercise equipment I haven't used in a year and decided I most likely will not use them so away they went. Other than that nothing new here except right now it is 97. Hugs and blessings all.

Today's affirmation: I constantly seek excellence in all domains that truly matter to me.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie