Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,048 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: Don’t look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance.—Anne Lamott
    I AM: I deserve my happiness because I have fought hard to achieve it.
    Action for Happiness: When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    Happy International Chess Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.—Michael Jordan
    Day 201 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.54 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, Pliability: Back Day this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Good morning!
    My finger is starting to feel much better today! I'm so grateful for my healing!
    I have met my step goal for the past week. That's a good NSV!

@Kurtize - I have just discovered your blog! I could read it all day! As a matter of fact, I thought I'd do that and start from the beginning. Thanks for your insights.
    @macrat12 - I love your Action for Happiness! I will remember to pause the next time I become frustrated!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,755 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,926 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is going to be a great day. I have so much to get done. I am hoping to be able to relax at some point today.

@aalley5 - Yay on getting your stitches out. That is good. Now you can get back to normal workouts. It is a very good NSV that you were still able to get your steps.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • aalley5
    @Tabatha_Cain - thanks! I hope all is going well for you. I am behind on my reading!
    Make it a great day! Sending out positive vibes!

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    edited July 20
    Happy Saturday and start of our new challenge, we can do this. Hugs all

795ehsye58j7.jpg
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: A positive mind finds a way it can be done; A negative mind looks for all the ways it can’t be done.—Napoleon Hill
    I AM: Expressing gratitude is an essential part of my life.
    Action for Happiness: Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    Happy Ice Cream Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Neymar Jr.
    Day 202 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.13 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, Pliability: Big Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Good morning!
    Got my morning workout done!
    Out today with friends- hopefully there will be cool air inside! It's hot hot hot!
    Have a relaxing Sunday!
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Happy Sunday

Today's affirmation
    I celebrate my free-will, and choose my life-path. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Now that the challenge has started I'm back here with you all!! It can be so fast when we first start a challenge.

@Tabatha_Cain , Catch me up over the past week!!! Hope you had a nice weekend!
    @Aalley5, Glad to see you've gotten the stitches out! Now you can move your hand freely again. Hope you enjoyed getting together with others. I did that yesterday. A bunch of us from elementary school still get together!! LOL No matter how old we get, we are all still pretty much who we were at that time! We did a cruise around the harbor and after went to Texas Roadhouse. YUMMY!! I was WAY over Calories, but it'll come right back off.
    @Kurtize, TY TY TY Joyce for helping to motivate us!! I WISH I could lose 2 lbs a week and at one point I could. Hmmm going back to the BASICS AGAIN!!! I should stay on the basics, they work!
    @Patti241, How are you Patti?

A few pics from yesterday

I'm hiding behind Diane. Diane was my FIRST BFF!! We were crib mates!! Our Moms were friends, strange they both named their first D Diane, and of course we grew up around each other. Longest friendship of mine! She's in the brown shirt.
    nyrywu05ioix.png
    As we passed another ferry like the one we were on, let's just say waving hard DOES help with movement!
    blfj39132e87.png

If any of you enjoys cat videos this is my Oscar. LOL He wakes up most days very slowly.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tIoQTGcTO88
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,622 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 it's so nice you know each other that long. I've not kept in touch with anyone from my younger years but I do have a best friend I've known for 13years now
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is time to get back to working. Things are going well. I am not sure if McDonald's is the right position for me. It was tough. I was fine Thursday after my shift and Friday and the Saturday it hit and I slept 10.5 hours and Sunday I slept 13 hours. I missed almost an entire day just from working a 4 hour shift. It was not even that rough but I did a lot of moving around and a lot of lifting. So my back is hurting and all that stuff. I called in today to take an extra day.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Well above is some of the stuff that happened. On Friday the new gyno I am seeing tested me for cancer. That came back normal, then scheduled me a follow up ultrasound for my cysts and other things going on. So I have that coming up at the end of August. It is pretty cool you have a friend with the same name. So I have caught you up. I am not sure I am going to be able to keep the McDonald's job. Which really stinks. I will just have to buckle down and get the doordash happening again. It will be what I need to make some money.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.—Roy T. Bennett
    I AM: I am free to make choices that prioritize my well-being.
    Action of Happiness: Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    Happy National Hammock Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Nelson Mandela
    Day 203 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.02 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, At Home Resistance Bands: Chest/Triceps after breakfast, Pliability: Head 2 Toe before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
    [/color
  • Patti241
    Diane: I am okay. how are you?
  • Kurtize
    edited July 22
    Happy Monday and I found this meme, it does remind me of how I had acted at times. LOL
    x7lg5t2lq7gw.jpg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,622 Member
    Great analogy @Kurtize
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,254 Member
    @Evamutt , Awww thanks!!! Its great you have a best friend of 13 years!! I find it helps us out in so many ways to have someone we can call/see/text/etc. when we just want to talk, goof off, and everything else! How is week 1 going so far?
    @Tabatha_Cain, before you leave the job at McD's please talk to the supervisor(s) and let them know though they can have you picking up boxes, you'd rather work (X Y Z) areas since you are a hard, and quick worker. Make it seem like its nothing but benefit THEM (LOL as people we are usually self interest served) and supervisors are usually happy to do things to keep a good worker, many times I've heard from others I worked with "IF I had known they didn't like X,Y,Z, I'd of moved things around. But, they didn't say anything (or not in a way it was really known they'd leave over it)."
    It takes you away from sales and all of that pressure. Plus let's face it, when you leave, well my own experience as a cashier again at the large grocery store, when I left there for the day,, WOOHOO!!! I had NO WORRIES about "How much work I have tomorrow." NOPE! LOL Walk in scan, take the MONEY from them (LOLOL HEY! its FUN to a point) and BYE BYE at the end of the day! OFF I Went!! I SO BADLY wish I could work!! if I could I'd get a car with so many cameras I'd never hit anything parking! I am FINE driving itself, just that parking thing! I had a great vacation last week. Went to Upper NY in the Adirondacks for a family reunion. We rented a 10 bedroom lodge, 4 bath, the place was HUGE!! The dining room LOL Sat 30 of us, we had 27 of us at the house, and oter members rented smaller places in the same complex. We rented a platoon boat for the week, you can be guaranteed I was on THAT!! Swimming (As much as I could!) and a watercolor class. My family ,,, LOL I am one of the "quiet" ones and we know I am NOT QUIET!
    @Patti241, Glad to hear you are okay!!! Any specific goals during the challenge? I am working on UPPING My steps more, and getting my body into better shape regardless of I lose weight or not, but NOT TO GAIN!!
    @KUrtize, THOSE ARE GOOD!! It's like having a bad day at work, and kicking the dog!!! It makes NO SENSE!!! If I want 3 cookies, I'll eat 3 cookies! BUT in turn I'll cut something else out or work to burn off the calories. Finding the gray area instead of only "THINGS ARE GREAT!" The white area or "EVERYTHING IS WRONG!" the black thinking area. Finding the gray. TY TY TY TY!
  • Patti241
    Diane: My goals are to get my exercise in at the gym every other day and no to snack in between meals.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a great day. I am going to be doordashing today. I am going to try and make some money. I think it is going to be a busy day today. I do have the final interview with AAA and I have a chiropractor appointment. I am hoping that things go well there. I have to get my adjustments done. I definitely need some adjustments.

@Kurtize - I was the same way at times. I would do all that to the extreme.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am glad you had a great time on your vacation. I will talk to the supervisor and see what can be done. I am so glad you got some swimming in and a watercolor class. That sounds interesting also.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha