Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Things were hectic yesterday so I was not able to respond to all my groups. We got a new puppy. See photo below.

diloflj4c44o.jpg

She is an English Golden Retriever and she is 12 weeks old. Born May 2, 2024. She is definitely a handful and it is tiring. Today I want to sleep all day. I am so tired. Since my husband and my bonus son are working full time I am the one taking her out to go potty all the time. Every couple of hours I am taking her. Which is a lot. I am hoping that things will be ok when I start work on the 12th, so that I can work and not have to have the dog in here with me.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am doing good. I am tired today, but otherwise good. This puppy is exhausting.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,068 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: The more you know, the less you understand.—Lao Tzu
    I AM: My heart is thankful, my mind is calm, and my soul is content.
    Action for Happiness: Remember we all struggle at times, it’s part of being human.
    Happy Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Eleanor Roosevelt
    Day 212 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.5 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, Custom Bench/Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Shoulders + Back this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,775 Member
    aalley5: The sun is out here as well but I think they are calling for storms or rain later today.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    euc0m5rylg48.jpg
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    dovhlsoog0kz.jpg

Cute pup @Tabatha_Cain ! A puppy is defiantly a handful!
    @kurtize - love that meme!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,261 Member
    @Aalley5, I am over the summer!! But as you may remember LOL I ADORE Winter!! I hope the Dr appointment went well!!!
    @Tabatha_Cain,, awwww your puppy is SO CUTE!! OH MY!!! Oh yes they are a TON of work when babies, as a human baby is!! Yesterday I was looking at Oscar and thinking "I MISS HIS KITTENHOOD, or DO I?" And I laughed they are adorable, but THANKFULLY they grow up in my mind, to quick!! YET so thankful they do!! Oscar is a kitty you'd THINK it'd be easier, but he's a kitty on steroids!! He's so cute, that's his saving grace, but he's part Siamese, the YOWL LOL I am afraid my neighbors will think he's being hurt, when he's just YOWLING because HE CAN!! Awww enjoy that sweet pup!! Does it have a name? Awww look at that sweet face!! TO CUTE!! CONGRATS!!
    @Patti241 we got a few rain showers today and looks another one is about to hit us. But, in NH and VT (both are in the local news area, sort of we border NH which does VT) . HOPING Saturday will be NICE!! I am holding a BBQ at a local park for 5 of us, IF IT STAYS at 5, LOL it has grown.
    @Kuritize those on the Rain Dancers team would LOVE THAT!!! And it's true. Many of us grew up hearing "Don't cry over spilled milk." Just take care of things and go on.

Today was nice!! The weather not as much, but it didn't stop me from enjoying life. I've upped my steps quite a bit this challenge. Tracking my food, I WANT THE WEIGHT GONE!! The surgery did me so much good!
  • macrat12
    Rabbit Rabbit Wishing Luck for August to all reading this.
    Insight Timer Quote: Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.—Confucius
    I AM: I am brave enough to face whatever begins next.
    Action for Happiness: Set an intention to be kind to others (and yourself) this month.
    Happy Girlfriends Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.—Michael Jordan
    Day 213 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.99 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, August Challenge: 25 Sit Ups and 25 Push Ups before work, Afternoon Walk tracked in the Strava App at work during truck unload, Pliability Warrior Routine: Sansa and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    s118unn4q9ey.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kuritze , that's lovely!! TY TY TY TY!!
    @Tabatha_Cain is the puppy keeping you super busy? They are so adogable!! SO SWEET!! Awwww
    @Patti241 I hope the day went well!!
    @Aalley5, did you enjoy the day?
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: The opposite of war isn’t peace, it’s creation.—Jonathan Larson
    I AM: I can say no if I’m uncomfortable.
    Action for Happiness: Send an uplifting message to someone you can’t be with.
    Happy International Beer Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Carl Lewis
    Day 214 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 12.26 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work this morning, Shoulders/Arms at home after work, August Challenge Day 2 of 31: 25 Sit Ups + 25 Push Ups, Pliability: Ankles + Hips and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,614 Member
    What a cute puppy 😍

The rain is torrential at the moment. I had thought of trying a short walk to the pharmacy and back but my husband went to collect my prescription for me, before it started raining thankfully, I'll just walk around the flat because I'm really not up for playing in puddles like Pooh & Piglet 🌧️
    https://youtu.be/gWKUeV5B4mI?si=qUsJMjhEp1nP-EvK
    Have a good day!
  • Patti241
    Diane: My day went okay.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Good morning, workout done this morning. More later. Nothing new, and that's okay!

@BodyTalking - thanks for the funny!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - it was a good day! you?
    9252tmvdba9i.jpg
  • Kurtize
    Today's inspiration
    “Please know you’re supported, from near and from far, for you are Divine, and loved as you are.”
    - Jen Reich
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @BodyTalking , Glad your H got the prescription. I often walk around in my unit. Its a very teeny one, but hehehehe it has the best view which is why I wanted it. I had visited a neighbor in the high rise I live in, and WOW!! I wanted this! When it came up WOOHOO!!! But, yes teeny teeny. Do you find walking inside (you probably have a lot more room) your calves look AMAZING? I weigh 180 and mine look SO GOOD!! Now for the rest of me to catch up!! That video is funny!! TY TY TY!
    @Patti241 today mine went AMAZING!! One small glitch, and it worries me, but yet, it was amazing day also! Any plans this weekend? Tomorrow is the BBQ I organized.
    @Aalley5, good advice there and from my post to @Patti241 its the way life 99% of the time. LOVE the days that are smooth and enjoyable!! Glad yours was good and WOOHOO on the exercise! WTG!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    My wish for ALL of us on the 2024 Summer 5% Challenge at the end of the challenge

8fv029mx418q.png
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Be scared. You can’t help that. But don’t be afraid.—William Faulkner
    I AM: I am letting go of all negativity.
    Action for Happiness: Be kind and supportive with everyone you interact with.
    Happy Watermelon Day!!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.—Mahatma Gandhi
    Day 215 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 10.11 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, Day 3 of 31 August Challenge, Pliability: Back + Hams this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Patti241
    Good morning
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Oh man is this puppy keeping me busy. She is a littler feral. She did not have a lot of human interaction I don't think. She suffers pretty bad with pack mentality. So any time we try to take something from her she tries to attack us, or she will attack another dog if they get too close to her food. I did call a trainer and she gave us some suggestions. So we are working on it and it is going a bit better. She still likes to bite us a lot and I bruise easy so I have a lot of bruises on my arms and scratches from sharp puppy claws and teeth. We have a vet appointment today and I am going to ask about what we should do about that. We pulled out the pool for the puppy and she absolutely loves it. Being she is a English Golden Retriever she loves water. So we filled the pool like 4 inches deep and she runs around in circles biting at the water and growling having a ball. Then comes inside and falls asleep for a while. Gives us a little bit of free time. Here are some more pictures of her. We have named her Chloe.

0iuej80sgbfa.jpg
    zqdx55uf54ve.jpg
    uu6ncfdntzlw.jpg

The last photo is after her first bath because she laid in the mud. That was the first photo.

@aalley5 - Oh she is definitely defiant. She totally likes to chew on us rather than toys. I bruise easy so I have a lot of bruises.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We have named her Chloe. She is a handful. I can guarantee you are not missing out on the Kitty phase anymore. I have a howler as well. He is part Maine Coon and he howls when he wants attention.
    @BodyTalking - I would definitely stay out of puddles. Those can ruin your shoes. That was nice of your hubby to grab your meds before it started raining.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,614 Member
    Lol, @Dianedoessmiles1 😂 I need to get a full length mirror to admire my calves. Funnily enough, that part of my body, and ankles, have always been slim and look good. My flat is just 50 sq metres, so not a lot of space, nor a good view, just another building, although, if I sit right against the window, I can see part of a tree lined square at the end of the street. No direct sunshine either, which is tough. Sunshine and a nice view can make a huge difference.