Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,614 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain Gosh, what a bundle of mischievous fun Chloe is 🤗
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    edited August 3
    @Tabatha_Cain Chole is cute
    Happy Saturday all
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Cute puppy @Tabatha_Cain ! So adorable, that makes up for the deviancy! Puppy love! <3
  • aalley5
    5ccy4e43lddw.jpeg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,261 Member
    HI @Patti241 Hope you had a good day?
    @Tabatha_Cain Awww Chloe is ADOGABLE!! Aww precious!!! Once she realizes you are both the pack leaders she'll follow suite. SO HAPPY you've talked to a trainer, the local animal shelter is happy to help also, and for a relatively small fee most have training classes. Awww she's so CUTE!! LOL I DO NOT really miss the kitten stage, and YET I DO!! He's so funny though!!
    @Bodytalking, I was talking to a friend who lives in CA. Today she was with a larger crowd from the Chico area, she was saying how tired she is. They reminded her she's very fortunate in that she can go home and sleep in her own bed. Something most of us do not even think about. Chico is where the Park Fire has burnt many homes (outer area) including a few she met today. They have no home to go home too. Its a reminder to me, how fortunate we are. And I KNOW you are also. I FINALLY just wore out Oscar!!
    @Aalley5, LOVE THAT!! So true!!

Today we had the BBQ (4 of us showed only 1 couldn't). If you are at all familiar with road races in Cape Elizabeth is the Beach to Beacon which ends at For Williams. WELL that's where we planned on going (Grill use, gorgeous ocean view) and hehehehe forgot until today about the race!! It's a 10 K race with so many racers its just a sea of heads and feet!! They started an hour late (was supposed to end with a ceremony at 11) but it didn't til 12. We got there at 12:15 thankfully the area we headed for (our favorite!) there was NO ONE there and even a few places to park!! WOOHOO we had a great time and didn't leave until after 3!! The food was so good, the company even better!! Tomorrow I am FOOLISHLY having 3 people over in the early afternoon!! YIKES!! LOLOL I am looking forward to things being quiet and calm on Friday!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,068 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: You can’t be a resource for others unless you nourish yourself.—Alexandra Stoddard
    I AM: I am a triumphant warrior.
    Action for Happiness: Ask someone how they feel and really listen to their reply.
    Happy International Friendship Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision.—Muhammad Ali
    Day 216 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.02 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work, August Challenge Day 4 of 31 after work, Pliability: Arms + Legs and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Airport delays today, lots of rain and wind. A lot of tornado warnings. Hopefully, nothing too serious.

@macrat12 - Happy International Friendship Day!!!! This is great to know! Love your posts!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The get together sounds fun! It's great you had a good time. The race sounds awesome to watch.
    rife8qrqk2ja.jpg

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,775 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • BodyTalking
    edited August 4
    @Dianedoessmiles1 "she's very fortunate in that she can go home and sleep in her own bed" exactly! I do appreciate that I have this :)
  • Kurtize
    ir0j6kp8d39b.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good evening Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday evening and well we are packing to head out tomorrow sometime. I have to do laundry and it is going to be a rough day I think. I am not sure when we are going to get everything done. I needed to get laundry done and now I am too late to get it done. My washer is still broke and I have not received any of the money to replace it yet. It would be nice to get the money.

@BodyTalking - Wow I cannot believe you have no view. I would hate that. I love being able to look at my backyard. I can see all the squirrels. Oh Yes, Chloe is definitely a bundle of trouble. No doubt about it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We have talked to a trainer and are signing her up for a 6 weeks class, and if that does not work than we will than enroll her in a 2 week program where she would stay the week at the doggy hotel and they would train her and she would come home on the weekend. That is awesome that you were able to get your favorite place and a good parking spot.
    @aalley5 - I hope you are safe. Airport delays don't sound fun.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Evening.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited August 5
    @aalley5 , are you okay? Scary with tornado warnings. It was fun yesterday and today I had friends over for lunch. B4 the pangdangitall I never cooked and if I everyone ran. Lololol there's a reason why. Ewww. But during the pangdangitall we were all isolated. I only hung around one friend in person. I'm a huge people person. During that time I started to watch cooking videos. Now? People take 2nds who normally won't. Lololol. Today they kept going on and on about the cole slaw and the BBQ beef I made (Angus beef, threw it in the crockpot with a ton of bbq sauce and spices). I'm lazy I used the food processor to get it 'shredded' into tiny bits. It really is fabulous! I love cooking now.
    @Patti241, WooHoo!
    @Bodytalking , oh me too! Amazing how take the tiny things for granted. Do you find being grateful helps you in the long term?
    @Kurtize, To you also. Every day is a clean slate. Thankfully!
    @Tabatha_Cain, Did you get laundry done? I like the laundry mat for doing my blankets. I get them ALL Done at once!! WOOHOO that's nice, but I'd rather do them that home if I had a washer/dryer. But here when they built it, there are 6 floors there are 2 of washers dyers on the 2nd floor and 1 of each on the 4th and 6th also.
    ENJOY THE TRIP Tabatha!!! Awww Chloe will be worth the training. LOL She's soooo cute!!!

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and we are going to get laundry done today. I needed a break yesterday. I was worn out. So we will do laundry this morning as soon as the laundrymat opens and then we will finish packing and then head out. There are some things we want to do at the hotel.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am getting laundry done today. That was my choice. I needed a break. My body was hurting so bad. We went shopping with my mother to help her carry heavy stuff and my body was really sore. So I needed a break. Chloe is definitely worth the training. I think she will be a really good dog once we get the training going. I really do.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Because you’re alive, everything is possible.—Thich Nhat Hanh
    I AM: I end my day on a positive note despite any negativity.
    Action for Happiness: Spend time wishing for other people to be happy and well.
    Happy Oyster Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.—Robert Collier
    Day 217 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.58 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 5 of 31, Chest /Triceps after breakfast, Pliability: Whole Body before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,775 Member
    Diane: Yup.
  • BodyTalking
    @Dianedoessmiles1 "Do you find being grateful helps you in the long term?"
    Honestly? No.
    I can see a very realistic dire future for myself. Consoling myself with being grateful for what I do have is not going to bring about long-term hope.
    Anyway, until those days come, I have to plod on, day by day, finding happy moments.

@Tabatha_Cain Our washing machine also stopped working months ago, lol, so we're washing clothes in the bath until we can get a new one. It's not ideal but you get used to it. I hope you get the money for a replacement soon.

💮💮💮

I made up a new drink recently and I've been drinking a glass of it every day. It really gives me a nice boost and should be fairly healthy. I recommend everyone try it: tonic water, turmeric, cayenne pepper, mango and ginger-shot (a drink sold in shops here but an infusion of ginger and lemon should be similar).
    Turmeric is supposed to be good for inflammation and arthritic pain.
  • Kurtize
    today's affirmation
    I choose to live a life of gratitude and joy, inspiring others to follow my example.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • aalley5
    edited August 5
    9m9warxsahun.gif
    We had a lot of rain! 9 inches is our guess. Glad it has moved on but sounds like a rainy week!
    Hope you have a great get away @Tabatha_Cain!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain, I needed a break also today. I took it very easy also.
    @Patti241 YEAH!
    @Bodytalking , I find being grateful helps my mental health which helps me to deal with my physical and mental health. UGH on the washing of the clothing by hand, yet, we've done that for an eon of time. Glad you found something that helps you with the pain!! WTG!!
    @Kurtize how did the surgery go for you today? Been thinking of ya!
    @Aalley5, WOW 9" inches of the rain!! Are you okay?

Busy and yet not busy day. Most of it was on the phone which is good, by body said "HEY!! You ran around A LOT over the weekend, WATCH THIS!!"
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: You cannot imitate somebody else’s journey and still be true to yourself.—Jon Kabat-Zinn
    I AM: I am always aware of how abundantly blessed I am, and I am always thankful for this.
    Action for Happiness: Smile and be friendly to the people you see today.
    Happy Cycle to Work Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.—Wilma Rudolph
    Day 218 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.83 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 6 of 31 after breakfast, Squats Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Back Day this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.