Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,068 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes the difference.—Zig Ziglar
    I AM: Joy is mine to claim.
    Action for Happiness: Write down 3 things you’re grateful for (even if today was hard)
    Happy Walk on Stilts Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Pele
    Day 208 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.78 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, Pliability: Back Side if time before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Today's workout done. It sure got hot quick this morning! Smoke is in the air!
    I watched the opening ceremony also! It was spectacular! It's on you tube I noticed.
    I'm watching swimming right now. I'll have to find the diving.
    😀
    z2dd4sgke1oa.png
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    Daily Affirmation for Saturday July 27, 2024

I celebrate both my uniqueness and my connection with all that is. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,261 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did Sat and Fri go Tabatha? Hope you are okay.
    @Patti241, I do miss the smell of freshly mowed grass, not sure why I do not smell it here when they do it, ohhhh YEAH!! LOL My AC is on and windows closed! Hehehehe! But, I DO enjoy it.
    @Aalley5, GREAT JOB!! WOOHOO!! My surgery also did me a world of good too!! Nice to hear how well you are doing!! For the Olympics I LOVE Swimming, diving (WAY MUCH SO) and gymnastics. Did you all know when I was in HS I was on the schools gymnastic team? In my Senior year I was the Captain!! My Favorite was the uneven bars! ITs a special feeling FLYING in the air and do a spin gravity FREE for a moment!! SO COOL!!! I could do well enough also on vault (key for me was to do a simple vault, but do it perfectly!! Hehehehehe some would vaults they at times couldn't hit right, and well POINTS OFF for that!! Stick with what I knew well, and SCORE!!! I had a floor routine, but LOL others were WAY better than I was!! And I did NOT AT ALL like the balance beam!! YOu have to be able to see well enough, and that held me back!!
    @Kurtize, WOOHOO on going for the walk early!! HI Kayla!!How's she doing? Oh NO DOUBT someone will LOVE the exercise equipment!! I guess 97 is better than 103? YO!! SO HOT!
  • aalley5
    @Dianedoessmiles1- Thats awesome and fun to know about gymnastics! In HS, during Phy Ed we had to try everything. Also went to a lot of meets with a friend that was on the judging panel. I absolutely love watching athletes and respect the art.
    Today my NSV was the first time in a year that I finally passed 10,000 steps!
    :)
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: The thing about meditation is: You become more and more you.—David Lynch
    I AM: I push myself to accomplish my dreams.
    Action for Happiness: Think about what you can learn from a recent problem.
    Happy Parents Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Haile Gebrselassie
    Day 209 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.28 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work this morning, Pliability: Full Body and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    sp1ncyhadrhf.png
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,775 Member
    Diane: It does smell good.

Good morning to everyone.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Afternoon Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this evening. joe and I had church in person today and we did not get up in enough time to get all my morning chats done. So I am finishing them now. I got the phone call Friday that I am being offered the work from home position with AAA. The official offer letter will come Monday. I am so excited. I cannot wait. Joe and I have 6 days until we head out of town and have a little mini honeymoon. We are only going up North a bit and staying and we will have 4 days to do whatever and the 4 days of Unity. So we will be in a hotel for 8 days. That is going to be awesome. I will be taking my laptop so I will still be doing all my morning things and we will be taking our scale. So there should be no issue with weighing when I need to. I think.

@Kurtize - That is awesome that you donated some exercise equipment. I wish people would do that around here. They usually try to sell it and want an arm and a leg for it. I would love to be able to get an inexpensive treadmill. That would be great.
    @aalley5 - It definitely got hot quick. Sorry you have so much smoke from the wild fires.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Saturday was not good. Literally hardly anything, but we did have a festival in town so that may have had something to do with it. I am doing alright. I did get hired for the AAA remote job. So I will be working from home starting August 12. That is awesome that you were captain of the team.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @aalley5 , OH HOW COOL you got to travel with your friend who was a judge!! AND WOOHOO On your yho3x12aqrl3.png
    @Patti241, Do you live near the ocean? Today we went to Fort Williams for lunch (Where Portland Head Light is located) it was so pretty!
    @Kurtize ,, HI JOYCE!!!
    aomdvyzvxpo3.png
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOOHOO on the job especially that its on it being remote and the vacation of you both!! WTG ON THAT!! WOW!! Nice!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Suffering is due entirely to clinging or resisting. It is a sign of our unwillingness to move on, to flow with life.—Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
    I AM: I give thanks for the amazing person I see in the mirror every day.
    Action for Happiness: Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.
    Happy Tiger Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.—Pele
    Day 210 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.38 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, Chest/Triceps after breakfast, Pliability: Full Body before work and 60 min walk at work this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone.
  • aalley5
    Hello everyone, I started my workout early this morning. It was a tad cooler for a bicycle ride. ST was a little harder since my shoulders have been giving me grief. But good news is my knees are doing well!
    Someone in another group asked...
    What habit do you want to break, what is your plan this week to start to change it and how do you plan on continuing?
    I really need to cut out chips again! I have a one day streak so far!
    I'm not sure how to combat it other than finding something else crunchy like pickles. Does anyone have any good Ideas?
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks! That sure is a peaceful pic you posted! Beautiful!
    fawn36myfo5g.gif

• Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain hope the day went okay?
    @Patti241, today has been showery and fogged in or cloudy!! I am HOPING I can get in a walk around the area in just over a half hour as I throw the wash in. I need to dress to do laundry (we don't have them in our units) for me it's a floor below or above (high rise). So while it washes I'll walk, while it dries I have a tiny bit of housework I can do. I normally have help on Tuesday, but she's on vacation tomorrow. She NEEDS it LOLOLOLOL and Oscar PLAY HARD!! She wears him out for me, she's younger by quite a bit and he LOVES to be chased, by HER!! LOLOL I get to laughing so hard!! I never understand though I watch her how she EVER gets my place into 100 TIP TOP SHAPE in only 2 hours with all the fooling around we do, but SHE DOES!!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Live less out of habit and more out of intent.—Amy Rubin Flett
    I AM: I let go of my need to be right.
    Action for Happiness: Reach out to a friend, family member or colleague for support.
    Happy Friendship Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Jesse Owens
    Day 211 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.82 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, Legs/Core after breakfast, Pliability: Hips + Spine before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @macrat12 , Sarah thank you for the support for Ceri. You know she thinks the world of you.
  • aalley5
    Hello - Workouts done, shopping done, changing is on the way!
    Hope everyone had a great day!
    dtbypqjnb32i.jpg
  • Patti241
    Diane: It was cloudy yesterday and looked like it. It is now pouring
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Aalley5. WOOHOO NICELY DONE!!! Love the picture!
    @Patti241, Same here Patti until about noon when it finally got sunny!!! WOOHOO TO THAT TOO!!!
  • aalley5
    edited July 31
    Good morning!
    It's going to be another hot day! Running errands and doc appointments, no early workout till later.
    @Patti241 - the sun is out here today. Mostly stormy in the afternoons for us.
    @Dianedoessmiles1- thanks!
    Have a great day everyone!