Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. It is crazy that it is already the end of the week. Wow. This week has flown by. Today is supposed to be date night but with it being super hot again today there really is not much we can do. So I guess we will just play it by ear tonight. We should figure something out.

@aalley5 - Wow, what tracker do you have? Mine does not tell me how many calories I need to cut to lose weight for the week? I mean maybe if I adjusted some settings, but I did not know that was a thing.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am so glad you are feeling better as of yesterday. I am definitely watching videos and I do watch my salt intake for the most part as I have edema. If I have too much salt my hands swell and so do my feet and ankles. So I have to be careful with salt. I will be watching the videos as I need to find other things to eat. I am struggling to find a variety of foods I will eat.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,068 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: Life reflects your own thoughts back to you.—Napoleon Hill
    I AM: I was born to be a fighter.
    Action for Happiness: Give away something to help those who don’t have as much as you.
    Happy Whale Shark Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.—Ernie Banks
    Day 242 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.13 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 30 of 31 after breakfast, Pull Day 2 in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Ankles + Wrists this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,775 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    Good afternoon all, have a great rest of the day and a good weigh in tomorrow.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain - I use MFP and Hackers online.
    Here's an article about calorie deficit below.
    Also, I've read your blog. Next time you visit your doc, ask about your calorie deficit. You obviously pay for that service? They should be making those things clear for you. Calorie deficit is a formula but different for all.

https://www.medicinenet.com/how_to_calculate_calorie_deficit_for_weight_loss/article.htm

• Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and well I have things to get done with both our cars, and it is going to be costly. Both cars need oil changes today. That is going to be expensive. We also have some other things to get done. I was able to sleep in this morning. So I am feeling pretty good in regards to that. It was nice to sleep in. I am feeling pretty good this morning.

@aalley5 - I do have a set calorie intake along with macro percentages that I need to stay within those numbers. She did provide me with those. She is saying that I need more strength training to create lean muscle. As lean muscle improves your metabolism and helps you burn fat better.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.—Anne Frank
    I AM: I am pure strength.
    Action for Happiness: Share Action for Happiness with other people today.
    Happy Trail Mix Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and leaning from failure.—Colin Powell
    Day 243 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.75 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM Walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 31 of 31 after breakfast, Pliability: Back Side this afternoon and 60 min PM Walk after dinner/before church.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,261 Member
    @Patti241 Good day Patti!! Any plans today? Or will you be able to enjoy the weather? I am so happy I am not traveling this weekend!! BUT! I live in Maine in a very tourist area. The traffic near where I live will be horrendous, but we are used to that. LOL This weekend excites us because it'll start to slow down!! After the leaves change (This year Oct 21 to 27th is our peak) it'll really slow down.
    @Kurtize, WOOHOO I hope you did enjoy your weigh in!! I SURE DID!! It went DOWN again!!! It really took my readjusting my calories UP!! As I had been many on the team "Many of you are likely NOT eating enough calories with high exercise" I was one of them! Its working!! Hope you liked your weigh in also.
    @aalley5 GOOD point!! Also on MFP you can see the difference of the calorie deficit (the difference if it 500 for the remaining we will lose. My calorie intake is 1550 plus my exercise is the 1808 for a deficit of 596. I DID lose this week, pretty nicely for me). I love the helpful knowledge I gain on our site! You are all great. TY
    ifnp6scmanq1.png
    @Tabatha_Cain , do your cars use synthetic oil? It is more expensive, when we had the car though it also went further without the next change. When we looked for a car it was something we actually wanted, since it's better for the engine. We wanted the car to last for at least 15 years. Being a Honda oh it will!! The new owner texted me, I had to giggle "Do I really need to use synthetic oil? Its so expensive!" I explained the why to her (she's in her early 20s) she understood and was happy with the why she does, and more so how it'll be benefit her and the car. WOOHOO on the sleep!!! I was so happy when I woke up today and realized I slept 6 hours did not wake up at all!! WOW!!!
  • Patti241
    Diane: It is cloudy here today. Just got back from the farmers market.
  • Kurtize
    It is a nice day, warm, high UV, 83. Been a bit lazy today but it is Saturday. Wishing you a great day. Hugs all
    Didn't gain but didn't lose. The other day I gained, but today showed a loss
    went to bathroom before weigh in, the truth be know I guess I am full of you know what, LOL
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 GREAT Day to be outside and WOOHOO on the Farmers Market!!! DId you find anything you come home with?
    @Kurtize, LOLOLOLOL on the SPOILER!! OH GF!!!! LOLOLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!!
  • aalley5
    LOL @Kurtize !
    I worked on my health and weight loss today. I rode my bicycle for 45 minutes then strength training for 35 minutes and 25 minute walk. Here's my ST workout. Click on the spoiler.
  • macrat12
    Rabbit, Rabbit wishing all who read this luck for September.
    Insight Timer Quote: I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.—Martin Luther King Jr.
    I AM: Everything I want wants me too.
    Action for Happiness: Find time for self-care. It’s not selfish, it’s essential.
    Happy No Rhyme Nor Reason Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Eleanor Roosevelt
    Day 244 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.69 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM Walk before breakfast, 50 Sit Ups after breakfast, Pliability: Full Flexors this afternoon and 60 min PM Walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and I am going to be getting some things done today. I do plan on being outside a lot today with my puppy. Possibly taking her for a walk today. This is definitely something we need to get more focused on. Getting her out to walk her. I learned something new from a dog trainer yesterday. Teaching your dog tug of war with a toy does not make them aggressive and as you get older if you have trouble getting out of a chair or from a seated position it actually teaches the dog to help get you out of a chair. So that is awesome. I am definitely going to keep working on tug of war with her. So that is awesome. I did not know that.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Mine does blended oil. So part synthetic and part regular oil. The cost was not bad. But we had to get both cars in this week for them. I had already passed my oil change date and Joe's just came due. I also found out yesterday that I have a small oil leak around my Turbo on my engine. So I need to get that fixed. Good thing is my neighbor is a ford mechanic and he said it is common for my type of car to have that issue. So as long as I am not losing a ton of oil I should have time to save up and get it fixed. Which is good. I will get it in and get it looked at and find out how much to fix it and then I will be able to save and schedule the repairs.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Diane: I came home with a lot of veggies.

Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    fetka78g164k.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @aalley5 WOOHOO on your exercise yesterday!!! With your bike, what speed is it? Do you have many hills? Curious, I had considered getting one, but decided it's not safe for me. If I were to fall my bones are very weak. I WANT TO but!! I love watching others though do it. A cousin does "Wheelers" where they take out those are disabled or elderly. She's talked me into going the next time, I told her "only if you are the one who's doing the peddling." I feel so odd having her do this, but she wants to. We used to bike together and I am only a year and a half younger than she is!! THANKFULLY I got the family weird genes. LOL I had them ALL THANK me and a younger cousin. LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain interesting on the tug of war with the puppy!! Its great to help them get out some energy before sleep also!! How is Chloe doing with sleep? Does she sleep in with you both? Oscar comes with me, Izzy says I move to much. LOLOLOL!! That's terrific your neighbor told you that!! WOOHOO!!! It'll be less expensive to have it done now and save your engine. WTG!! Nice neighbor!!
    @Patti241 , WOOHOO with the veggies!!! Any plans for Monday? I'm so badly wanting to be a TOTAL SLUG, but LOLOL I doubt that'll happen.
    @Kurtize HAPPY SEPT to you!! HOPEFULLY, you'll cool down!! YO!! You're area has been super hot!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is Labor Day. It is going to be a great day. Chloe had a great day yesterday. We wore her out so much that I carried her to her crate for bed and she literally did not stir until we got up at 6 am. She was exhausted. It was great. She is not a but hyper this morning, but still not much. She does want to tug though. Today we will be going to my mother's for her birthday celebration. She will be 72 on the 5th.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - No we crate her at night. It is recommended for her breed due to their hyper nature. It has really been helping as well. No more aggression or anything we were experiencing before. It is nice. I was totally worried about my car. I will be getting it into the shop as soon as I am able to. Just to see how much it will cost to fix the oil leak. Getting it fixed now like you said is way better than waiting until it is really bad.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Dig deep within yourself, for there is a fountain of goodness ever ready to flow if you will keep digging.—Marcus Aurelius
    I AM: I allow my mind to relax so I can enjoy my wellbeing.
    Action for Happiness: Notice the things you do well, however small.
    Happy Labor Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.—Mark Twain
    Day 245 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.83 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM Walk before breakfast, 50 Sit Ups after breakfast, Push Day 1 in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Whole Body this afternoon and 60 min PM Walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Happy Labor Day!
    Getting ready to get out of dodge!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I have a regular 21 speed bike. It's old but good enough to ride flat land like here.