Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,934 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and I have to say I cannot believe another week has pretty much flown by. I think that is pretty awesome. I love that. Although that means I am not getting enough rest because I am pretty much falling asleep all day, everyday. Which stinks. I think I figured out what caused my Flare up. I donated blood at the Unity Christian Music Festival. My first time ever. So I looked up on the internet and donating blood takes a toll on your body and some websites say that it can put you into a flare up. So I guess we will have to see. I have another appointment in November to donate more blood. So we will see.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I ended up going to the doctors. They put me on a steroid for the inflammation and then Gabapentin for the nerve pain. Which I am not sure I am going to take, or if I am just going to wait it out and let it stop on its own. I am going to take the steroid because my neck is so darn tight from inflammation. That is what my chiropractor said anyways. I am going to have to learn to do some stretches and stuff. That is just something that has to happen. I still track my food everyday. I have like a 122 day streak I am not wanting to break. That is awesome that you were able to go see some farm animals. I love farm animals.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,068 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: A hallmark of wisdom is knowing when to grit and when to quit.—Adam Grant
    I AM: I am no longer holding on to my past.
    Action for Happiness: Give people the gift of your full attention.
    Happy Be an Angel Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Cristiano Ronaldo
    Day 234 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.25 miles yesterday.
    Work 6:45AM-1PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work, August Challenge: Day 22 of 31 this afternoon, Push Day 2 in the gym after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: Hermione and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    vmvumz6ez1mv.png
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,775 Member
    Diane: There were no plans for yesterday and today is quiet day.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,261 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain, Glad you got some steroids' to help. I took gabapentin for years it did help. The only side effect happened once I was near the max amount, with my teeth, but not at a lower amount. You may wish to hold back on any donation at this time, I knew a woman who donated, but it threw her body off so much. In time she realized she was not able to without paying to much of a price. Its of course up to you and only you know how you feel. I'm still smiling over seeing the animals and being able to play with the goats!! It was so much fun when 4 of them jumped up on me I LOVED IT!! They were gentle enough, LOL They wanted more food.
    @Kurtize you also!!
    @Patti241, I also took a laid back day today!! Sometimes that is just necessary. Plus I have done 90 to 120 mins (Mostly 90) of exercise from Sat til yesterday.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am 2 weeks into my job. I cannot believe it has been 2 weeks already. Wow crazy. Last night I slept so well that I don't even remember my dreams. It is the nights I remember them that I know I have slept rough. That I was working through something. Last night was good though, which is funny because yesterday after Joe got home from work we also took Chloe for a walk at the walking path near a elementary school. I even had her running the trail with me a couple of times. I am so glad I was able to wear her out. I loved that. She even slept really well. I guess the getting out and exercising really does wonders for your mind and body.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I don't have any plans to donate again until November. I just want to see if it causes another flare up or if it was a combination of the Music Festival and the donation. As I was not getting a lot of rest after donating. I walked a lot of steps that week. So all the on the go may not have been good for me. I may need to take it easy after donating. That is awesome that you are still smiling over those animals. I am sure you will be smiling for days.

Well I hope you all have a great Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.—Lao Tzu
    I AM: I find strength in my courage.
    Action for Happiness: Share an article, book or podcast you found helpful.
    Happy Ride The Wind Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—H. Jackson Brown Jr.
    Day 235 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.66 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min AM Walk at work, August Challenge, Pull Day 2 modified for DB and Bands, Pliability Wrists + Ankles and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: yeah sometimes you do need to lay back and rest.
  • Kurtize
    95njejgk2otv.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , Oh I highly agree getting out and being active is so good for every single on the earth!! It's amazing what a difference it makes. A friend and I walked to the grocery store today (when I felt better it was only a 3 mins walk, today is not a woohoo physical day but otherwise AWESOME!) and it took us 7 on the way there, 10 on the way back. My breathing was a pain today!! BUT I still loved it!! Awww when you walk Chloe do you stop and look at things through her puppy eyes? Everything is so new to her and awwww it's just neat!! When I got Oscar, I was looking at things through a kitten eyes! It was so much FUN!! He's already 2 years old (got him at 9 months old) he's now 2 years and 3 months old. I am so HAPPY I got him and I am 1000% sure you are with Chloe as is Joe. Awwww baby animals are adorable!! Glad work is going so well!! Oh, I wish you had this position a long time ago, but happy you do NOW!! NICE!! One day at time with figuring out what's best for the fibro, moving around is always going to be good for it. Just knowing when to not to do to much. I found when resting to much back when, I lost a lot of my muscle tone that did NOT help me with fibro. The brain fog ,, I have not found a solution for that part. The depression that is a part of it, being outside, staying engaged with others has helped to lift my spirits, and I know you are one who has a strong faith, that is also a part of taking care of yourself and feeling good. WTG Tabatha!! KEEP ON THAT FIGHT GF!
    @Patti241, agree there is a time to laugh, and a time to cry, a time to rest and a time to give it ALL WE GOT!!! Today I gave until I just had to slow it way down. It was a fun fun fun day!! Is yoru weather fantastic this weekend? Ours is! The perfect summer weather, high 70s, low humidity and sunny!
    @Kurtize, Fridays have ALWAYS been exciting!! Most of my starting to work was Mon to Fri (office/accounting) after that I went weirdly into retail!! It was to be a temp, a very temp job I needed a break. Found out I LOVE customer service!! AND STAYED!! I made a lot more then I had with the city and accounting, that blows the mind!! But, I had climbed the ladder in retail. Even working retail and I asked for and easily got THE WEEKEND ON!! Yes, ON!! Customers are more relaxed, workers are more relaxed on the weekend, with LESS supervisors over us, it was a fun fun time!! As you know I went back during the pangdanitall, and I would still be there, if my heart wasn't acting up. ENJOY THE WEEKEND!!
  • Patti241
    Good morning
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is going to be a great day. Chloe has the last of her puppy shots today and we are going to take her for a walk afterwards if she is feeling up to it. Also I have to get her pool cleaned out today. I noticed yesterday it had some algae growing in it. So I dumped it and I am going to clean it out today. That is going to be so fun. I am glad it is supposed to be in the 80's so I can put my swimsuit on and then clean it out so I don't get other clothes all wet.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I do feel the walking helps with my mental self more than my physical self. I totally love Chloe. Not sure Joe does just yet. Although sometimes I get exasperated with her. Sometimes the chewing gets annoying and I get fed up with it. I do struggle with the brain fog alot. I am going to keep going and not stop. I too wish I had gotten the work from home earlier. I think it is really where I wanted to be from the beginning.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Keep good company, read good books, love good things and cultivate soul and body as faithfully as you can.—Louisa May Alcott
    I AM: I treat my body with respect.
    Action for Happiness: Forgive someone who hurt you in the past.
    Happy Strange Music Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 236 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.81 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM Walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 24 of 31 after breakfast, Pliability: Hams + Back this afternoon and 60 min walk before church.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 , HI Patti!! How did Caturday go? Today so far?
    @Tabatha_Cain, How did Chloe do with the shots? Did you get puppy pool cleaned? Was it fun? Did you get all wet!!!
    Super busy day!! Shopping today was so much FUN!! At Macy's found a shirt, but not in my size. I asked them to order me one to hear "It was a one time item." So I took out my phone and did a search (If your phone is fairly new, click on your browser. Put your finger in the search box, now you'll see a camera, click on the camera. A box will pop up to take a pic, after that it'll ask you if you wish to do a search for the item (Can do this for many things, see a purse of someone you like, you can take a pic, have something weird on your skin, picture!! Etc. etc). Now just made coleslaw (one without SUGAR,, EWWW she asked for it so I hope she likes it! Diabetic). Now going out to the kitchen to do crescent rolls putting butter/garlic in them and the other ones (2 pans) will be butter, sugar and cinnamon).
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.—Francis of Assisi
    I AM: I am able to find the opportunities hiding behind obstacles.
    Action for Happiness: Give your time, energy or attention to help someone in need.
    Happy Banana Split Day!!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Carl Lewis
    Day 237 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.06 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-3PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk this morning at work, August Challenge this afternoon, Pliability: Big Benders and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Good morning
  • Kurtize
    h7dru35i0nnc.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 HI Patty!! Hope today went well?
    @Kurtize, awwww HAPPY Sunday to you also!!! Love the GIF!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Women are the real architects of society.—Harriet Beecher Stowe
    I AM: I use today to get one step closer to the life of my dreams.
    Action for Happiness: Find a way to “pay it forward” or support a good cause.
    Happy Women’s Equality Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.—Michael Phelps
    Day 238 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.93 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 26 of 31 after breakfast, Push Day 1 in the gym, Pliability: Head 2 Toe in the afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,950 Member
    emwwvkptadne.png
    I love this weeks challenge about labels.
    There really should be more of this in our chats. I'm really becoming discouraged that our teams don't seem to chat more about our weekly challenges. Tell me, aren't you here to lose weight and learn how to keep it off? That's why I joined in the first place. Seems like a lot of people use MFP groups as a social platform. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my thought for the day.
    xfwbz4ag7sxo.jpeg