Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,935 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and I am hoping that everyone is safe from Debby. I also hope if you had damage it is minimal. I am having a great time at the hotel for the Christian Music Festival. Today is the last day. So we will be checking out of the hotel tomorrow. When I get home to more reliable internet I will post my photos.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes Chloe is still a baby baby. She just turned 3 months on August 2. So I know I am trying to convince my son that she is a baby baby and cannot get her last shots until the end of this month and then we can throw her into training. My son says she is annoying and constantly wants to bite people for play. So I am hoping the trainer can help us get her to stop that. I hope everything is ok now. I am sorry you ended up in the ER.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Diane: We got a lot of rain and were under a tornada warning. Did not get hit by the tornado though.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,264 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain, Glad you've had a good time at the festival!! Hotels are fun for awhile, but I always LOVE going home!! LOLOL I'm now absolutely a HOME BODY!!! Hope you get home with zero issues. OH NO doubt there's much you can do to help Chloe to not bite, so much info online and the dog whisper can be found on youtube and much more. She's so cute!!! AND puppies love to bite, but yeah toys not people. I'm sort of looking forward to seeing my regular Dr a week from Tuesday. I am not bouncing back easily at all. Today was one of my FAVORITE summer days, the weather at 85 for the local art show!! I DID go, but could barely look at 1/4 of it (usually I explore it ALL and stand and talk to many of the artists) I just didn't feel well enough.
    @Patti241, so glad you did not get a tornado!! That was a strange storm!! Hopefully that's IT!! But, likely not. Hope you enjoyed today weather!! Soon it'll be getting cooler, THANKFULLY!!! Here we have SLIGHTLY turned that corner, which is normal for us. In Sept it'll not so bad at all. In October it'll be time for a light jacket. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    @Patti241 glad no tornado.
    @Tabatha_Cain - hopefully she will outgrow the biting. I think some puppies just do that and I think it is fun to them and not seriously wanting to bit you

We did get rain last night, nice rain with some thunder. Temps cooled off.
    Not much else new here. Have a great rest of the day.

dkqcxawx4b42.png
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,071 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: Peace is the music of every heart. Our glory lies in understanding, listening and honoring that music.—Amit Ray
    I AM: I am grateful for every time I was brave enough to start over.
    Action for Happiness: Share an encouraging news story to inspire others.
    Happy Sons and Daughters Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not just about what you accomplish in your life, it’s about what you inspire others to do.—Unknown
    Day 223 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.29 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-3PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work, August Challenge this afternoon, Pliability: Head to Toe and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Kurtzie: Yeah it was close though
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    fop6h0n6k13a.gif

3bkd51mbiqsx.gif
    Yesterday, I sautéed a mass of veggies. Zucchini, onion, peppers, pre-cooked sweet potato, shiitake mushrooms, a little salsa and tomato with some olive oil. It was kind of mushy at the end, but still tasty. It made enough for at least 8 servings. Today I scrambled it up with a couple eggs and goat cheese to get a little protein. It was very good!
    This is time for me to make my move! This week my intention is to take action of what I put in my mouth. Defiantly more veggies.
    @macrat12, love your post! Me today: I AM: I am grateful for every time I was brave enough to start over.
    Have a great day everyone!
    ucamdfqtpfve.jpg
    @Kurtize - I saw a giant gator in the Everglades!w2yzvi1midu7.jpg it lunged at us and we were a ways away. Sure was scary!

• Kurtize

@aalley5 I would not like to run into an gator
    @Patti241 tornados are scary even close

Happy Sunday all

00ag3tf20wsp.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited August 12
    @Kurtize LOVE that about fear when we take action. ALso hope your day was PAWSOME!!
    @Patti241 any plans for Monday? I have 2 phone calls one is a "Phone Pal" call I make. The person doesn't have any real family or friends for support. It's a community volunteer position. We chat once a week for an hour. It helps her to not be so alone. Its so neat she had wanted to get a project done and since I call her weekly she's doing it!! WOOHO!!
    @Aalley5 WHAT A GREAT Idea with the veggies!! I am going to do that!! THANKS!! I'll use different veggies, but more than one I currently do. I add this to my sandwiches (I use my mince blade on the food processor) Onion, pickles and black olives. I add to the mix at the end light olive oil ad red wine vinegar. SO YUMMY!! But I LOVE your idea even more so!! Thinking orange, yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach!! YUMMY maybe even broccoli!! YUMMY!! With this I'll probably also add some garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Can go into so many things I make including burgers. YUMMY TY TY TY!!

I had a GREAT Weekend!! The art show yesterday though I didn't much of it, I am still LOVING I got to go!! Today a meeting, and than out with 3 friends to Fort Williams (Portland Head Light, Lighthouse) which is very famous (commissioned by George Washington)

This is an OLD picture and I don't think many of you knew Maryanngi (@Kurtize you may of??) it was taken in 2019 in Sept with the pangdangitall in 2020 (Seems like a LIFE TIME AGO yet was only 4 years ago we were ALL IN LOCKDOWN!!) Maryann passed away in 2021. But she LOVED Portland Head light!! Every time she came we HAD to go there. I live 2 miles from it. MaryAnn was the first Captain (CL) of the Spirited Under Dawggie team on Sparks(she had also started the Walkers, Runners and Gadget team), which is now Positively Strong 4 Life. We keep that spirit alive she started with us to NEVER GIVE UP as do ALL TEAMS!! Each of our teams are different and the same. SO HAPPY WE ARE ALL HERE!!! EMBRACING our lives and improving them while also getting through the hard times together!

dzk0o6fvs49w.png

PS: I MISS my red hair, but I also love how white it's turning!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and I am starting work again today. It is nice though that I am working from home. That is awesome. I am super excited for today. I already had one quick meeting with someone at AAA who had to double check my drivers license and social security card. I think it is going to go great today. I don't have my computer yet, so I will have to use my home computer for the teams stuff that I need to do. It will be alright though. They did say that would possibly happen.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - We had zero issues getting home. I am definitely going to be trying to figure out how to get Chloe to stop biting. I am so sorry you are not healing like you should be. I hope your doctor can figure it out for you.
    @Kurtize - I am actually watching dog training videos to help with the correcting the puppy biting and aggressive behavior. It is really important to address these issues right away.
    @aalley5 - That is a great choice. Definitely taking control of what you eat is a good thing. I am glad you are able to do that.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: A friend may be nature’s most magnificent creation.—Ralph Waldo Emerson
    I AM: I appreciate the people in my life who are looking out for me.
    Action for Happiness: Contact a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them.
    Happy International Youth Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.—Aisha Tyler
    Day 224 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.18 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 12 of 31 after breakfast, Chest/Triceps after breakfast, Pliability: Full Body before work and 69 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Patti241
    Kurtzie: Yeah they are scary.

Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Happy Monday. Got in some morning stretches and get moving exercises, still need to do ST. Was a bit lazy this morning. Had good intensions but for some reason went out the window. Temps back up to high 90's. Nothing exciting going on here. Wishing you a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.

This is an article from Today's inspiration. I found it very interesting and saw some things I can do. I know this may not work for everyone but even so I think there is always something we can get from it.
    It's Called "Small Steps Today, Big Steps For Your Future" by DC Cordova

https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/small-steps-today-big-steps-for-your-future/?omhide=true
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Can How was your first day working at home this round (quite sure you continued to work from home during the pandangitall?) Hope you had a GREAT DAY!! After telling you how we can look things up for pet behaviors, I did look up how to help a kitty who has trauma with others coming in. I'm going to talk to a few friends and have them follow the advice, to come in slowly, to not approach him, but give them his favorite treat (Delicables in a squeezable pouch) LOL He'll RUN to them. Have them talk to him in a soft tone to let him see strangers aren't scary.
    @Patti241 how was the day? It's been such a nice day out!! Temp was 74, with not much humidity, sunny with a soft breeze.
    @Kurtize, wtg on the exercise. UGH on the 90s!! So sorry!! It'll cool off, and hopefully not be an icy wintah (I LOVE WINTAH as we all well know!). Today I wanted to clean out the fridge and it needs a scrub down also. I slowly have been working at it, it'll be done b4 bed. Sometimes when we break down what seems a task we really dislike or is hard on us, it gets done easier and no added stress.
  • Patti241
    Diane: The day was nice. I actually was able to mow the back yard a little bit.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: A scholar tries to learn something every day; a student of Buddhism tries to unlearn something daily.—Alan Watts
    I AM: The people in my life love me unconditionally.
    Action for Happiness: No plans day! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others too.
    Happy Left-handers Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Novak Djokovic
    Day 225 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.47 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, August Challenge, Legs/Core after breakfast, Pliability: Back+ Hips before work and 6 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Kurtize
    ixc96sc1hrel.png
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Good morning!
    I slept in again, my body really needed that today. I am fighting off a cold and at first thought it may be COVID, nope! Thankfully! I'm so happy we had a couple tests left. I just had one cold sore heal and woke up with another. Hopefully, with some rest I'll be as good as new. :)
    I was sure tempted to fight through yesterday and finish my steps, but just couldn't muster up enough energy. Off to the races again today to see if I can out do my last months streak.
    cn0a6bwcg3jj.jpg

@Kurtize - I'll be heading there soon!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Good Morning. My first day went amazing. I also looked up on Youtube Cesar Millan. I am trying some of his techniques, but I have to say my Puppy is very determined and strong willed. So she is not liking being corrected for biting and tries to bite more. So I am not sure how to handle that part. My first day was super boring, because I already went through all this training in 2023 when I started at AAA to begin with. However I have been able to help other people with some things. So that is nice. I also only worked from home in the past for a day or 2 at a time due to bad weather in the winter. I have never worked from home due to the pandemic. Michigan Insurance Agents were classified as essential workers so we had to work in office through that if our office did not provide an option to work from home. My employer at the time did not offer a work from home option. One the kitty thing had I known I could have told you how to fix that. If the kitty loves treats you just have the stranger feed them their favorite treats. That usually does the trick. So day 2 is going really well so far. We started talking about what is expected of us and all that stuff.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 WTG on the mowing!! I adore the smell of cut grass and it's great exercise.
    @Kurtize, I went out for a walk this AM just because it makes it happy. Our neighborhood is a mix of businesses and residents. It's fun to see the new businesses in the area!!
    @Aalley5 glad it wasn't covid, but so sorry you felt/feel lousy!! Please take care. My steps and exercise are down this week, I am just not up to par, but that's okay it helps the other teams!! LOLOL
    @Tabatha_Cain thanks for the hints to help Oscar!! He will not always go to them for treats, but there are a few people he does. Happy to hear you are glad to be back with AAA!!! I hope it goes very well for you!! Yes, its Cesar who's very good. Once the pup realizes YOU are the TOP Dawg (Cesar works so much on helping owners with that!)you'll be fine. If I recall one thing I saw every time the pup or dog does that give them a chew toy, play with them with the toy, but if they bite/nip at a human be stern as you give them the chew toy. They aim to please most of the time. Labs are so sweet!! He is just a puppy but best to get it under control quickly as you well know.