Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 553 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain, your puppy is too adorable for words! And, I feel your pain, bother figuratively AND literally. Our Luka (purebred Golden Retriever) just turned 5 and he was a MONSTER from day one. High value resource guarding and a real bully with me. It has been a long road and we've done lots of training, behavioral therapists and finally started him on Prozac (which definitely takes his intensity down about 50% ). We have learned his limits with other dogs (serious leash aggression) and now we love him so so much. He is so smart, brings us the paper every day, brings us our shoes, "talks" to us. He loves his being scratched and rubbed (but NEVER brushed with anything but bare hands).v8cdl18lhml8.jpeg

We had accepted him as perfectly imperfect and love him, flaws and all!t8rpn6842imn.jpg
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 they eye surgery went well yesterday. The only thing was my eye felt scratchy like something in it. It lasted most of day and semi stopped by nightfall. But today, feels good. Thank you for asking.

Hope you all have a great day.

Inspiration photo for the day

hxwj4y888i1z.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,264 Member
    @p21usa , Luka is so handsome!! Oh no doubt he loves you all so much. GREAT Job getting him the help he needed and respecting his boundaries. My cat Oscar is a handful for a cat!! LOL he's very loud, demanding (Its simple stuff, I want a treat, I want a treat, I want a treat, he has a set time schedule I am still learning or to eat (exactly 8 PM for the soft food all else is down for them at all times. And when he's bored, LOLOL he's a handful, but I know this, and help him by playing hard with him) he's so worth it too!! He's also a very lovely boy who loves attention and sleeps with me at night so we are both happy!! I have NO DOUBT he was a "shelter FAILURE", but not any more!!
    @Kurtize, so glad it is better today!!! AND PLEASE PUT that meme on PS4L chat and any other place you'd like,, the Step challenge, Worldwalking, WOOHOO ALL OVAH!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,935 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and the Unity Christian Music Festival starts today at 4 pm. Music kicks off at 5 pm. So we still have most of the day to relax. We are probably going to go somewhere to pass the time. It would be nice. The Festival goes until Saturday and then Sunday we will be heading home and should be home late afternoon. So that is awesome. I cannot wait to see my animals and my kids.

@BodyTalking - Thank you. I am just waiting on my check from the warranty company. It will only cover half the cost of the new washer, but it is at least something that will help. I have never heard of that drink.
    @aalley5 - Thank you. I hope you have a wonderful day also.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I feel like it was just one of those days where people needed to relax.
    @p21usa - That is awesome. It is nice to know I am not the only one. I was worried because everyone said Golden Retrievers were an easy breed. My bonus daughter has one and well he was not as high strung as Chloe is. I am glad to hear that I am not alone. I do hope we can get things straightened out. The vet assures us that it is correctable.
    @Kurtize - I am glad your eye surgery went well. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    I'm a bit behind! Caught up on reading posts! Love to see all the pics and pickled peppers! Yum!
    We survived hurricane Debby. It felt nothing like Ian and that's good!

zzpbsr6qi6j8.gif
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,071 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: Shine like the whole universe is yours.—Rumi
    I AM: I am grateful for the beautiful new things coming into my life.
    Action for Happiness: Give time to help a project or cause you care about.
    Happy Lighthouse Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Gold metals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.—Dan Gable
    Day 219 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.82 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 7 of 31 after breakfast, Push Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Shoulders + Wrists this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,619 Member
    e7vh3l1vvgz0.jpg
    My concoction on the right

Ginger shot drinks - usually ginger, lemon and apple - sold in small bottles, sometimes in an XXXL size in Lidl 🙂 @Tabatha_Cain
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Ask yourself: Where am I? Answer: Here. Ask yourself: What time is it? Answer: Now. Say it until you can here it.—Ram Dass
    I AM: I am healing at my own pace.
    Action for Happiness: Make some tasty food today for someone who will appreciate it.
    Happy International Cat Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: If you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail…it takes back bone to lead the life you want.—Richard Bailey
    Day 220 of 2024 miles in 2024 and had 8.73 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work, August Challenge: Day 8 of 31 this afternoon, Deadlift Day in the gym after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: Jon Snow and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,935 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is another day for Unity. I am getting accustom to being in the hotel, but missing home because things are going on there that I am not happy about. I will be addressing them when we get home.

@aalley5 - I am so glad you make it safely through the tropical storm, and it was not as severe as Ian was.
    @BodyTalking - Thank you. I will look into all of that and see if it won't help me.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • aalley5
    @BodyTalking - I love those ginger shots! I also crush up roasted garlic and horseradish. Then you almost have cider fire! yum!
    Yesterday was my last series of gel shots for my knees. I'm so glad that's over! Time to start getting in more steps!
    Hopefully, everyone in the path of Debby is safe!

Have a great day!
  • Patti241
    Good afternoon. Had a bad start of the day. I am hoping that it gets better but I have my doubts on that.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,619 Member
    aalley5 wrote: »
    @BodyTalking - I love those ginger shots! I also crush up roasted garlic and horseradish. Then you almost have cider fire! yum!
    Yesterday was my last series of gel shots for my knees. I'm so glad that's over! Time to start getting in more steps!

Aha, I must try that too!

I hope you get relief from the gel shots xox

🌻🌻🌻

I had my appointment with the orthopedist, it's confirmed that I have osteoarthritis as well as rheumatoid arthritis. Got a corticosteroid injection and will go for an x-ray tomorrow.

Have a good day!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    HI All!! I'm just catching up yesterday my body said "WATCH THIS!!" and ended up getting tests in the ER. Today I did very little, and hoping tomorrow my body will say "LET'S GOO!!!"

@Tabatha_Cain awwww Chloe is still a baby. Today so FAR is the FIRST DAY Oscar has behaved ALL DAY!! I hope he's NOT SICK!! I do not think he is, just laid back today. MAYBE there's hope yet!! LOL But, I love his spunk though most of the day I am saying "Oscar, OScar, OSCCCARRRR!!" LOL Hope the majority of your visit is okay. ENJOY the music!
    @Aalley5, SO HAPPY Debby didn't hurt you all!! Hmmm on the shots to the knees! OUCH, but can you tell a difference?
    @Patti241, so sorry it started off badly. Sure hope it improved?
    @Bodytalking, A DOUBLE WHAMMY!!! Hopefully they can help you out so it's not to bad. I went gluten free for my arthritis. After I felt better I slowly added it back. Every time it'd act up again, I'd go GL again. Eventually my body could tolerate it fully again, and has now for over 4 years. Its scary to think of the food we eat. I keep thinking "I NEED to GO BACK to eating the way we grew up!! NOTHING hardly ever of fast food." Actually I'm cooking now and quite a lot. Eating out less, thankfully LOL a few friends can't afford it as they used to, another and I are agreeing we much rather eat our own cooking!! Now to get her to agree to come over here, and NOT GO WILD and we'll cook here!! Her place is way to small and not suited, I am not sure if she'll agree, but she MIGHT!!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: At any given moment you have the power to say: this is not how the story is going to end.—Christine Mason Miller
    I AM: I deserve self-care and self-compassion.
    Action for Happiness: Thank someone you’re grateful to and tell them why.
    Happy National Book Lover’s Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won.—Billy Bowerman
    Day 221 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 9.6 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work this morning, August Challenge: Day 9 of 31, Shoulders at home after work, Pliability: Hips + Ankles and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    Good morning!
    The sun is shinning and I'm starting my day a bit late. I haven't started my workout yes, but plan to soon!
    I'm watching the Olympic diving today. I'd like to find the synchronized swimming. No luck. They changed the name to Artistic swimming. I think that fits better.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes, it is. The ER? I hope you're doing better today!
    @Patti241 - hope you're doing well today!
    @macrat12 - Love that quote and your Pliability QOTD! Always love reading these!
    Have a great day!
    v7hjltbufvip.gif
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    Patti hope your day got better. It drizzle a little this morning. Temps down in low 80's. Supposed to rain hard tomorrow. I will believe it when I see it. Nothing much else new.

Hugs all
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 Did you much if any rain from Debby? We had only showers, we are OKAY WITH THAT!
    @Aalley5, I love that new title also "Artistic Swimming". I LOVE watching that also and of course gymnastics (they do things I NEVER THOUGHT OF!). Hope the rest of your day went well. Sometimes we just need a laid back AM!! I have an appointment with my regular Dr not this week, but the following. NO doubt it'll lead to many other tests to figure things out. Meanwhile I've had to cut my moving around way back. I hate that, but it is as it is.
    @Kurtize, I hope you get the rain you're hoping for!! We had some today though not a whole lot. Tomorrow 88 and so humid, but an annual art day is being held locally and I LOVE IT!!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: The last of human freedoms-the ability to choose one’s attitude in a given set of circumstances.—Viktor Frankl
    I AM: I choose a path of happiness and wellness.
    Action for Happiness: Check in with someone who may be lonely or feeling anxious.
    Happy World Lion Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.—Pele
    Day 222 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.73 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 10 of 31 after breakfast, Pliability: Lower Body either before work or after dinner and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.