Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Diane: The day was okay.

Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,071 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: When we give ourselves compassion, we are opening our hearts in a way that can transform our lives.—Kristin Neff
    I AM: I let my intuition guide me.
    Action for Happiness: Take an action to be kind to nature and care for our planet.
    Happy National Creamsicle Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubt of today.—Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Day 226 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.98 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 14 of 31 after breakfast, Legs Day 1 in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Shoulders + Spine in the afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    I'm feeling better today and had a dentist appointment. New owner! I loved my hygienist! She was great!
    Then went shopping I loaded up on veggies. Instead of buying a pre-made salad I bought a bunch of veggies for a salad. The fixins should last a while. I made a huge salad with tomatoes, cucs, spring mix, pepper, zucchini, & carrot. I chopped it all up small and grated the carrots. I could eat it for two meals! tonight I'm adding a turkey burger and goat cheese. No bread.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes, I'm thankful. and happy I feel better, even though the cold sores are not gone. The Dentist visit didn't seem to bother it much, which is good.
    @Tabatha_Cain - It's good you are back working and able to help some folks out that are new too.
    Have a great evening!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    @aalley5 glad your feeling better
    @Tabatha_Cain glad the job is going well
    Hi all happy Wednesday

dhiqawicxa72.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,264 Member
    @Patti241, WOOHOO on an okay day!! Nice!
    @Aalley5, So glad the dentist appointment went well! It sure does help when the cleaning is done in a way we are happy we went!! Also good you are feeling better!! GREAT JOB on the freggies!! Mine are weak today, I had actually FORGOTTEN when I was out today!! Originally when we left and knew where we were eating, I had picked a 2 serving meal, but when we got there we heard "Oh we change around the menu according to the season" and they did not have what we wanted. Its quite expensive which we will pay easily for the dish we want, but nahhh on the "selections" they had today. We found a cute deli that is also gourmet, but WORTH IT!!
    @Kurtize, Hope your day was as brilliant as you are!! Glad you are also feeling better.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a great joy.—Ralph H. Blum
    I AM: I allow myself to feel calm, relaxed and at peace.
    Action for Happiness: If someone annoys you, be kind. Imagine how they may be feeling.
    Happy Relaxation Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.—Winston Churchill
    Day 227 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.62 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-noon today so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work this morning, August Challenge, Push Day 2 in the gym this afternoon after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: Stark and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah it was okay. Starting okay for this morning
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    ubnggk6dnmeb.jpg

I'm feeling good today but have two cold soars GRRR! I did get all my steps yesterday! Woohoo for that!
    I'm eating lots of veggies, I hope I can incorporate some broccoli and cauliflower soon. On chemo raw veggies and high gas producing veggies were not tolerable. Even now, some don't agree with me. The salads seem to be going okay, time will tell.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Don't forget your veggies! I had to make a point to stop and pick mine up. lol
    @Kurtize - Thank you!
  • Kurtize
    pvjr8h0oxuzy.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , Hope Thursday went extraordinary!! MISSED Ya today!! Awww how's Chloe? Any progress?
    @Patti241, did the day stay okay? I HOPE SO!
    @Aalley5, PURDY GOOD MORNING!!! WOOHOO on the freggies!! Today I got in 5, as I sit here sipping on a most wonderful smoothie!! It has a cup of frozen berries (This one is triple berries of blackberries, blueberries and raspberries) with a cup of milk (you can save calories and do a 1/2 c of milk (1% or almond is fine, actually almond is pretty neat!) with a 1/2 c of water and a small container of French Vanilla Bean yogurt (Vanilla Bean yummy also) throw into what ever type of blender you have until smooth (I use Nutra bullet) ENJOY!!
    @Kurtize ,Ahhh yes Joyce and I'll throw in for many "If I need help, it's okay to reach out and say so."
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,935 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. Yesterday we were working out a new schedule and I am sorry I missed posting. We have decided to start taking Chloe for walks 2-3 times a day depending on the weather. So yesterday we started out with 2 walks. One in the morning and one in the evening. She did really well on her first walk and was interested in all the smells. Which was great. By the end of the walk she was panting and having to lay down for a few seconds. The second walk we introduced the Gentle Leader. Which she did not like at all. It basically teaches her that she has to stay in a certain area next to me or her head is pulled down gently. Which she obviously fought and did not like. So the walk last night was getting her introduced to that. We will be going on another walk this morning with the gentle leader. I think she did a lot better with her aggression yesterday. Definitely not as aggressive with some of that energy worked out of her. Joe and I reported definitely a less aggressive attitude yesterday after walking her 2 times for the day. Which is good. This morning she even seems a bit more docile. Although she did steal Joe's Croc when he took his shoe off to step on the scale this morning. That is cute and we giggle sometimes, but do know we need to stop that behavior. We are working on it. We don't want her chewing up shoes. That is an expensive habit to let her get a hold of.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am so glad to be back at work and working from home. I cannot believe I finally after 10 years got a work from home position. I don't think I will ever leave this position. I love it already and have not even started doing it yet. Chloe is doing a decent amount better after 2 walks yesterday. So we are rinsing and repeating today for those walks. It is going to be a good day. I do hope she takes a bit better to the gentle leader this morning.
    @aalley5 - Yes I do love being able to help people. Even if it is just in training. That sounds like a good idea for a salad. You might get more servings if you are making your own mix.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.—Seneca
    I AM: I regularly schedule time for experiences that bring me joy.
    Action for Happiness: Make a thoughtful gift as a surprise for someone.
    Happy Roller Coaster Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.—Mark Twain
    Day 228 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 10.62 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work this morning, August Challenge, Shoulders/Arms after work at home, Pliability: Wrists + Ankles and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: The day did stay okay.
  • Kurtize
    Good morning 🌄. Have a fantastic day 😀
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , OH COOL on Chloe doing a little better with the Gentle Lead. It'll teach her very well and it doesn't hurt her, just reminds her YOU and JOE ARE THE BIG DOGS!! WOOF!! WOOF!! Happy you are enjoying the at home work!! I'd probably LOLOL Stay in my jammies!!
    @Patti241 ,, glad the day was okay. Are you all also getting all the smoke from the fires? We were in the yellow and almost orange. On Weds I walked a half a block with the smoke in the air (I was even on the ocean where there was a slight breeze!) and had to slow down extremely so. I could not catch my breath!!
    @Kurtize, hows the eye doing? How are they both doing? Are you done with the drops in the first eye? I think I was after 2 weeks or was it 3?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,935 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is a busy day. I need to get laundry done and I need to get the house clean. Chloe is doing a lot better with the walks. Although she is really struggling using the gentle leader. We spend more time fighting her on wearing it and walking then she does actually walking. It is weird. We will figure it out though I am sure. Last night one of my other dogs ended up getting into Chloe's puppy teething rings which are a treat she can eat. Well my older dog who weighs 10.8 pounds and is a mini dachshund ate 4 of those. She ended up throwing up overnight all over my couch. Silly dog. She does that every time she gets a hold of treats. The weird thing is they were in a box on a table that was definitely taller than she was by 2 of her. So she had to have had an accomplice. I am thinking one of the cats wanted to lay on the table so they pushed the box onto the floor. Of course my dog is totally not going to eat treats (LOL) So now this morning she is not interested in her food. She will be alright though.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am definitely hoping to teach Chloe that Joe and I are in charge. So far for the most part it is going pretty well I think. I cannot stay in my jammies since I am on camera. While in training they require that you be on camera and respond to questions by speaking rather than typing. So it is a little different. Once I get into actual working I could probably get away with Pajama's, but you have already built a habit to get dressed for work, so why change that.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: I am very glad I lived through some hard days, so that I could have this one.—John Green
    I AM: I am grateful for the ability to learn something new.
    Action for Happiness: Be kind online. Share positive and supportive comments.
    Happy Thrift Shop Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.—Tommy Lasorda
    Day 229 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.92 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 17 of 31 after breakfast, Pliability: Happy Hamstrings this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: We are not getting any of the smoke.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , LOLOL I AM SO SORRY but I DID LAUGH!!! I can easily picture the cat doing that!! They are such stinkers!! LOLOLOL!!! Eventually Chloe will adjust to the gentle lead, no doubt there are many videos on how to help her do so. I'd be tempted to stay in PJs when off camera, but studies prove and I AGREE when we dress up we present ourselves more professionally. I AM BIG ON THAT!
    @Patti241 that's GOOD!!! On my pictures yesterday you can tell. The haze is from the smoke.
    w0x7iqutdko7.png
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Our passions are ignited when we set out to advance a cause greater than ourselves.—Simon Sinek
    I AM: I give off sunshine on a cloudy day.
    Action for Happiness: Today do something to make life easier for someone else.
    Happy Never Give Up Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.—Harriet Beecher Stowe
    Day 230 of 202 miles in 2024 and I had 8.22 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 18 of 31 after breakfast, Pliability: Total Package this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.