Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,812 Member
    Good afternoon all.

2l4n8vex1ymm.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,264 Member
    @Patti241 HI!! What did you do today? I went to a meeting in the AM (I do every Sunday) after I met with my GD and the 2 GGS!! LOL Miniature Golf!! I hadn't been in 13 years!! We all did well! It was an 18 hole course (OH MY parts of it was STEEP! My breathing was horrid). But I had fun even if breathing was quite difficult and I had to sit down several times it was so WORTH THE FUN I HAD!!
    uejutaow62wj.png
    ld66upxdwtuc.png
    We also stopped at my FAVORITE beach pizza place!! I ate a slice of pepperoni pizza and we split the medium fries between the 4 of us. GREAT TIME!
    @Kurtize, GOOD DAY Joyce!! NEW WEEK, NEW CHANCES AND NEW CHOICES!! Woohoo!! Hope you feel bettah!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,935 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is back at work and I am feeling pretty well this morning. I am a bit tired, but I think I will be alright. Things are going well. Joe and I were in person at church yesterday, and we will be in person at church next weekend as well.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Chloe is doing great on the gentle leader. I think she figured it out yesterday. The box recommended how to slowly work her into it. That is awesome that you got time with your family. I am sure they had an amazing time.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yesterday I just stayed at home and did some exercises. Today I am hoping to go to the gym.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,071 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: The challenge is not to be perfect – it is to be whole.—Jane Fonda
    I AM: I am valued and cherished being.
    Action of Happiness: Be thankful for your food and the people who made it possible.
    Happy World Humanitarian Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life is you, and what you are willing to tolerate.—Oprah Winfrey
    Day 231 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.3 miles yesterday.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 19 of 31, Legs/Core after breakfast, Pliability: Full Body after dinner and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Kurtize
    a4le4okxqmog.png

Happy Monday, have a fun day
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    kznh98us7m7m.jpg
    @tabatha, glad you are doing well on a Monday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did work go? Glad Sunday went well and WOOHOO to Chloe has figured out the gentle lead!! That's GREAT!!
    @Patti241 GREAT JOB on the exercise for Sunday!! How was the gym today (Monday)?
    TOday the waves were up because of the hurricane so we went out to look at them.
    Portland Head Light
    1feitmal1xjn.png
    y1b7flmf9hwl.png
    @aalley5 YOU ARE A SUPER HERO!! Its so important we like and respect ourselves.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and I am thinking it is going to be a great day. I am hoping that I will learn some more things in regards to the call center stuff today. I really did learn a few things yesterday that I did not have to worry about when I worked in the office. So that is awesome and makes me feel good about the position.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Work has been going great. Chloe is ok with the gentle leader just being on her face, but if she takes off and it corrects her she kinda flips out a bit. So I know she will eventually get it. So I have to ask you about your Fibro. So all this week I feel like I have rug burn or something like that all over my back and arms. They are so sensitive to the touch. How do you get that to stop? It has been going on for a week now. I tried calling the doctor, but I literally keep getting sent to their office voicemail.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.—Lou Holtz
    I AM: I possess the tools I need for my own success.
    Action for Happiness: Look for the good in everyone you meet today.
    Happy Radio Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.—Confucius
    Day 232 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.26 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 20 of 31 after breakfast, Pull Day 1 in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Lower Body this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: The gym was great. I did the recumbent bike. Will go again probably tommorrow morning
  • Kurtize
    got another postcard from my North Coast 500 walk.
    9ayu8i4cfyt1.jpg

Eye dr very pleased with healing. It is another hot one in last 1/2 hour went from 95 to 101.

Wishing you all a great day.

slgqelgpe41e.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain . Glad work is going well!! Same with Chloe, I have flexeril for break through pain, but I am so careful with them, my Dr gives me 30 a year (if I need more I can say so,) but she knows I'll do anything else first to lessen the pain. Though it HURTS to stretch I'll do it anyways. Doing light yoga helps the most with (Chair stretches/Chair yoga) with reducing the pain.
    @Patti241, I saw a woman today on a recumbent 3 wheel bike today it was so COOL!! She was on the sidewalk peddling easily away.
    @Kurtize, WOOHOO on the postcard!! WTG!!! AWESOME on the eyes!! Nice!!! YO though on the heat!! Is that why you want to move? May I suggest MAINE??? Its pretty and pretty expensive to live here, because it rarely gets over 90, mostly in the summer 80s to mid 80s, right now we are in general the high 70s, but LOLOL WEIRDLY at the moment some 60s are the HIGH for the day. I AM FINE WITH THAT!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. I am going to a walk-in at my doctors office just to get it noted that I am having a flare up from my Fibromyalgia. That may help with things. I am not sure though. I really hope I will be able to get back home quickly to get to work by 9. I don't think the pay is as bad today, however I am still in PJ's which are really soft. So we will see. I think the muscle relaxer did really help.

@Kurtize - Oh Wow. It was blown up. That would be awesome to see what is left of the castle. Awesome that the eye doctor loves the healing you have done. That is almost too hot for me at 101.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did take a muscle relaxer yesterday and am feeling a bit better today. I so struggle with yoga. I just cannot do it. I get so frustrated that it goes so slow.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Being happy is knowing how to be content with little.—Epicurus
    I AM: I am worth the healthy life I desire.
    Action for Happiness: Donate unused items, clothes or food to help a local charity.
    Happy Senior Citizen’s Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Andy Murray
    Day 233 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.88 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-5PM so getting in my 1 mile walk before breakfast, August Challenge: Day 20 of 31 after breakfast, Active Recovery Walk 45 min after breakfast, Pliability: Upper Body before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Kurtize
    fs5yqslya0ql.png
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Good morning!

9q1s6qoiz5by.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOOHOO that the muscle relaxers has helped!! I never take them on a regular basis (I used to years ago, our muscles adapt and they become less useful. I thought that meant I was getting WORSE since they were not working as well, NOPE!!) I'll take extra strength tylenol first. After that if I just can't break the pain by slow yoga (LOLOL I know it's like watching paint DRY on a HOT day where you live! Hehehehe I am sure it dries so slow it's unbearable!) but that's the best for me in helping the muscles to slow stretch, I can feel if I am going to far and stop before the OH MY PAIN happens. Hope that makes sense. A hot oatmeal or epsom salt (Dollar Tree has some that have near smells if you can tolerate them) helps also. For a very long time that was my GO TO! Hope work went well today!
    @Kurtize, ,PRETTY!! I saw some nice sunflowers today.
    @Patti241, any plans for today? Thurs even housework plans are so nice to check off.

Today I went to Smiling Hill Farms (Maine) we first ate there it was quite good, I DID stay in calorie range. Hey, how many (curious) are still tracking their food though we aren't doing tracking for points this week?). Than we walked for 50 mins around the farm area for the public. SOme of the animals (NOT PETS!) we could feed, some we could not but it was so much FUN!!
    hxx7qjsao7hc.png
    The woman feeding the goat is a friend of mine from elementary school!!! We hadn't until the fall of last year seen each other since the 4th grade!! We were BFFs at that point, its so funny how easily we went right back into a very comfy friendship again!! LOL I had convinced her to join us!
    ecb5cwz8gnzl.png