WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
    Yo ho! I have not fallen off the edge of the planet or anything - just enjoying lots of time far away from screens. Jasper and I have had some fantastic work sessions and trail rides - and I'm practicing for a couple of concerts and generally keeping very busy. It sounds like you are all doing well, but no more ankle sprains, ok?

Not so great a weigh-in this week, though...

CW 117.4

blueberry season. blueberry cobbler. blueberry crisp. way too delicious.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 674 Member
    Friday Weigh-In (late!!)
    CW: 264.2

I forgot to weigh yesterday morning and had a big dinner Friday night so not surprised this is another gain. Resolving to have a better week next, and I'm just going to pretend July never happened. I have been SO off my game for a variety of reasons.

@YinxFed you may not see this but very sad to see you go, and wish you all the best!!!
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 435 Member
    PW=81,7Kg
    CW=81,1Kg
  • Ruth_2024
    Ruth_2024 Posts: 19 Member
    PW 217.4
    CW 219.8
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 121 Member
    PW: 145.5
    CW: 144.4

Sun- 6630
    8y8p0nfv7ko7.png

Still haven’t gotten around to exercising yet. COVId has really got me down x
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    The July Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 28th and will run through next Saturday, Aug 3rd. Please join us for the 7 Day Lose Belly Fat Challenge! Below is your link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920757/july-week-5-group-challenge-7-day-lose-belly-fat-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    @Kali225 we all have months that are not great. Is there anything you learned from July that will help you in August?

I made it to RI back to my parents house for a vacation/time to complete continuing education hours. This was my original trip planned, I feel like I was just here. Dad is doing a lot better, just about back to 100%. He has an appointment with an oncologist in August.

I ate awful yesterday at the airport. My flight was delayed and I ended up landing at 2am. Then by the time we got off the plane and to my parents house (my sister was nice to pick me up that late) it was 3am. I went to go inside and as I opened the door, something flew by me brushing my hair and going in the house! I literally said "Oh f***!" It landed on the counter, and luckily it was a bird and not a bat. So I go upstairs say hi to my mom and dad (who wanted me to wake them up when I got there) and I was like by the way, a bird is in the house downstairs. So now it's 3:30am and we are trying to get a bird back outside. What a joy lol. Luckily it went outside pretty quickly and only pooped on a hardwood floor and not the cloth couch.

Today was a great day though. Stayed under calorie budget and had a wonderful walk at the beach! Not sure if you have ever been to Roger Wheeler (Sand Hill Cove) @wishfuljune but that's the beach my parents like to go to. It was a beautiful day, I got some vitamin D. Then we grilled out for dinner and I said no to brownies :)
  • lauren_989
    Sunday: 8,136 + 2 mile walk @ 3.6 mph
    Monday: 5,589 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 3,884
    Wednesday: 5,135 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 5,494
    Friday: 3,961
    Saturday: 2,811 + 30 min walk @ 3.0 mph

I didn't wear my fitbit to the beach today, so have a lot more steps than recorded. But I need to work on increasing steps. I have an alarm set for tomorrow morning to go for a walk. Just hope I can wake up!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    Friday weigh in supposedly ha!

PW 220.3
    CW 119.8

I’ll take it. Green. Was working on the garage today going through boxes of books from our move a year ago. Got my steps in. Still eating out too much. Hopefully next week will be better. I’ll make it so.

Still eat dessert just about every night when hubby asks. Need to do better. Need my clothes to be looser. High point - 3 Pilates and breathwork sessions this week.

• lauren_989
    micki48 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in supposedly ha!

PW 220.3
    CW 119.8

I’ll take it. Green. Was working on the garage today going through boxes of books from our move a year ago. Got my steps in. Still eating out too much. Hopefully next week will be better. I’ll make it so.

Still eat dessert just about every night when hubby asks. Need to do better. Need my clothes to be looser. High point - 3 Pilates and breathwork sessions this week.

Hi Michele! Great job this week. I assume you meant this weigh in to be 219.8? Let me know if it's different. But great job getting green! About the desserts every night, can you cut back somewhere during the day so you can have a small portion of the dessert if you want every evening?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    @lauren_989 Oh yeah I did so well, I lost one hundred pounds in a week! 😂 Yes, it should be 219. I think I would be invisible if I weighed 119.
  • lauren_989
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    s54f5rvczcnl.png
    hyt4obcv705q.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ztsteedok14z.png

By Pounds
    k490ubuis6t6.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    0t6n6vzetyfp.png

By Pounds
    alqf70y2y00y.png

Honorable Mentions
    s6wxhqazlggv.png

Team Winners
    peiov4cjh4h0.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    495gp774a92h.png
  • lauren_989
    Congrats to our team winners this week!
    @Heathere244
    @zankash23

Plus we had 52% in the green this week!

🎉🎉🎉

I had a good morning so far, got up early and went to the bike path and walked 3 miles with my dad. Now we are heading up to Boston area for my niece's 3rd birthday!
    1s31rndu1103.jpg
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,264 Member
    Have a great time with family in RI @lauren_989 ... that sounded like a stressful travel day topped off with the bird situation at the end but glad you're settled and focused on enjoying yourself now!

@micki48 Brad has a sweet tooth too and I definitely eat more dessert being with him than I would otherwise ;)
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 121 Member
    Thank you @lauren_989
  • Heathere244
    Heathere244 Posts: 20 Member
    Heathere244

PW 177.2
    CW 175

I did not worry about getting my steps in this week. I think I have been stressed out so much that it hasn’t done me any favors. This week my plan is do more of the same since it seems to be working. I am walking during breaks at work, that has helped as well. Also I found Bake Believe NoSugar added dark chocolate chips. I have a couple of handfuls at night to help with the sweet cravings. I plan to continue making smarter food choices.
  • lauren_989
    Another great loss this week @Heathere244!! I like your plan too!

I overate way too much today. If I didn't go over a friend's house and just snack on junk food, I would've been ok. I knew we were celebrating my niece's birthday and planned for that. My friend invited me over after I got back and I ate chips and candy amd not just a few bites 🙈

I did go for a walk this morning and got an amazing picture of a deer! However, we also got attacked by many deer flies 🫤

Tomorrow is a new day. I have plans to go to the movies tomorrow night with my sister and see Twisters. I am so excited, as I loved the first movie. But I don't usually eat there and I need to make up some for today.
    5afmj8vlic3d.jpgoojr8j30hp74.jpg
This discussion has been closed.