WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 305 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @MaddawgMadsen great job with all the exercise you are doing! I find that dead lifts are easy to hurt my lower back, so I would be cautious doing them fast. I always have to remind myself to engage my core and that helps my back.

I went for a walk this morning. It was 72, but the humidity is crazy. I feel like I started sweatimg the second I stepped outside! I am going out to lunch with my parents amd sister today and I looked ahead at the menu and found a tasty looking wrap that should be a lower calorie option.

Let's see...one thing I accomplished this week is getting my continuing education done for my license. I don't feel like I accomplished anything towards my health goals. I intend to make a plan for next month, but haven't done that yet.

It's really easy to hurt the lower back with deadlifts if form isn't correct. Engaging the core is a good way to ensure proper form. For me it is remembering to engage my lats (part of the core) so that my shoulders are back and the bar stays hugged next to my body.

That is an incredible accomplishment! Continuing education can be hard. So, it is great that you got that done for yourself!
  • Neon_hippie
    Neon_hippie Posts: 77 Member
    Hi all! Thanks for having me on the team. I need to lose a few pounds, but find I need some accountability along the way and thought this group would be a good fit. I'm a retired RN but work a few days a week for a non-profit which I absolutely love. Currently live in the mountains of NC, but I'm a Midwesterner (OH) at heart. Exercise-wise I love to hike and walk, and after I lose 10 pounds, I'll start a jogging program. Fiddling around with my diet to find what works for me and what I'll be able keep up. Looking forward to the challenge! <3
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    Hi all! Thanks for having me on the team. I need to lose a few pounds, but find I need some accountability along the way and thought this group would be a good fit. I'm a retired RN but work a few days a week for a non-profit which I absolutely love. Currently live in the mountains of NC, but I'm a Midwesterner (OH) at heart. Exercise-wise I love to hike and walk, and after I lose 10 pounds, I'll start a jogging program. Fiddling around with my diet to find what works for me and what I'll be able keep up. Looking forward to the challenge! <3

Welcome!! I live in Greensboro, NC and @adrimango also lives in Western NC! I wish you well on your journey and hope we can help you meet your goals!
  • lauren_989
    The August habit tracker is now posted. If you would like to track your goals for next month, head on over!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10921007/habit-tracker-august-2024#latest
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 272 Member
    PW 142.8
    CW 143

this is so frustrating !

Hopefully August will be better.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,264 Member
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 259.2
    CW 258.2
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 190 Member
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 241.0
  • MaddawgMadsen
    edited August 1
    PW: 178.0
    CW: 178.4

TOTM, beer this week, and lots of exercise (aka muscle building)... this gain could be much worse.

@lauren_989 - I will be out of town - in the middle of nowhere without cell service or much technology! - next week. So, I will not be weighing in.
  • lauren_989
    I made it back home! First flight delayed almost 2 hours and had to walk quick to get to my connecting flight. But I am so happy to be in my own bed tonight!

Tomorrow will be back to my normal routine. I am afraid to see how much I gained over the past 6 days, but can't fret about it too much. I did walk 3 days while I was in RI 🙂🚶🏼‍♀️

So I did some thinking on the flights about how I want August to go. I am going to focus on one day at a time to start. I have mentioned wanting to reflect on my week and make adjustments as needed for the following week. I think I will start doing this on Sundays. I know my weigh in day is Tuesdays, but my main focus on the week review will be: did I maintain my calorie range, did I get 7,000 steps daily, did I get at least 7 hours of sleep. That will be my main focus in August.

What are everyone else's goals for next month?
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 674 Member
    I think this will be my 3rd check in all month... I probably didn't read half of our posts, and I know I missed a bunch!

I am gearing up for what will hopefully be a much better August. It's hard with my habit tracker (both here on F2F and also my own physical one) to start the month on a weekend when I am traveling, like July did. I leave tomorrow for Cape Cod for my cousin's bachelorette weekend! But no excuses - I'm bringing my tracker with me. And if I have two less-than-perfect days, so be it, but next week I need to just keep going. Not throwing in the towel like I clearly did in July.

Weigh in tomorrow for me, I'm actually somewhat optimistic about it compared to all the gain this month so far. This week has been pretty drastically different than the last few weeks.

I got in a quick kayak session after work today which was nice. My 9th paddle of the season! I'm gunning for 20. I work a half day tomorrow so I can get on the road, but plenty to do before I can actually log off.

Night all
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 674 Member
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 264.2
    CW. 260.1
  • MaddawgMadsen
    @Kali225 - great weight loss! Also, nice work on the kayak sessions. I had a kayak a couple of years ago and I was proud when I was able to make it out three times in one season. Already having 9 and shooting for 20 is awesome! Good luck, and good work!

@lauren_989 - In July I started really focusing on where my food comes from. The hard part about it, is I significantly dropped my protein intake. My goal for this month is to continue to focus on understanding where my food comes from, but make protein a priority. Doing this while camping for a week won't be the easiest, but that's what a good challenge is all about, right?
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 435 Member
    PW=81,10Kg
    CW=80,65Kg
  • Ruth_2024
    Ruth_2024 Posts: 19 Member
    PW 219.8
    CW 219.6
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,601 Member
    Hi! I am actually on vacation and don’t have access to a scale for this week and next week. Can I take a mini-break and come back to weigh in on August 16th?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    Weigh in

PW 219.8
    CW 219.3

(I’m going with an average since I was all over this week, from 220 to 218. I was actually 218 yesterday and 220 today. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

It’s been so hot here. Lots of sitting going through stuff in the house. Did go to the Italian Market in Philly yesterday. <cue Rocky music> Had an amazing sandwich with Turkey and burrata.

Did Pilates and breath work this morning. But I need to spend more time reflecting on my week too. Thanks for the reminder @lauren_989
  • lauren_989
    Hi! I am actually on vacation and don’t have access to a scale for this week and next week. Can I take a mini-break and come back to weigh in on August 16th?

Absolutely! Enjoy your vacation!
This discussion has been closed.