WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,264 Member
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 252
    CW 253.2

Still vacationing and just enjoying the downtime. It's HOT here. Brad and I are off to ATV today!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    edited July 19
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 305 Member
    Happy Friday! I made it to my CrossFit class last night, and man did it wear me out! Tonight I finally get to meet some of my husband's favorite coworkers by going out to dinner with all of them. We're going to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants and I already have my meal picked out. Then, tomorrow, I get to play pickleball in the morning. It should be a fun weekend!

What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 462 Member
    @wishfuljune - great loss

@Gidgitgoescrzy - don't get too down on yourself, friendships can be difficult. Have a great weekend.

I've had a busy week with work but so excited for tonight. I've just found out my cousin is eloping tonight and getting married. It's only myself and another friend who knows. Tonight, they are having the wedding ceremony with dinner after. I'm still in shock that they decided so last minute to get married and it's not typical in our family to elope, but so excited for them and that I get to celebrate with them.
    My husband and daughter are off camping this weekend for a father/daughter weekend. I have a few jobs around the house I want to tackle.
  • Ruth_2024
    Ruth_2024 Posts: 19 Member
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 217.4

Glad the heat is finally back to just normal hot instead of insane here. I skipped my walks earlier in the week because it was just too miserable, and cut today's a bit short because I feel like I have a cold... it's a wierd reaction to dental anesthesia a couple days ago, and my nose hasn't quite recovered yet.

@Gidgitgoescrzy Longwood is so beautiful! I'm jealous, I haven't been there in a very long time.
  • lauren_989
    Great losses @Ruth_2024 and @wishfuljune!!

@Kali225 that's right, don't get discouraged. Just look at what you did this past week and small tweaks you can make.

@cleaneater80 have fun at the elopement tonight!

@MaddawgMadsen I have no plans this weekend! I go to the gym Saturday mornings and it may be cooler. So I am going to get some work in the yard done.

So today was stressful. Anyone else have trouble with their computers? More than 1/2 our computers wouldn't start and kept having the blue screen of death. I'm just glad it's Saturday tomorrow!!
  • lauren_989
    Great losses @Ruth_2024 and @wishfuljune!!

@Kali225 that's right, don't get discouraged. Just look at what you did this past week and small tweaks you can make.

@cleaneater80 have fun at the elopement tonight!

@MaddawgMadsen I have no plans this weekend! I go to the gym Saturday mornings and it may be cooler. So I am going to get some work in the yard done.

So today was stressful. Anyone else have trouble with their computers? More than 1/2 our computers wouldn't start and kept having the blue screen of death. I'm just glad it's Saturday tomorrow!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
    CW 116.8

Hi all!
    I have been very far from my computer these days, and never log in on the phone - but it feels good to dip back in and hear all your news. I'm enjoying just hanging out, being outdoors (especially now that the horrid hot muggy weather is over at least for a bit), and not doing much. We're catching up on lots of house sprucing up, which always seems slow and not very interesting but needs to be done. The garden is always calling - it sure liked the hot humid weather! The tomatoes are so huge I had to get out there with more stakes and tie them up so they would not flop all over the place. First eggplants are getting ripe - but the beans are slow.

@Ruth_2024 So glad I'm not the only one who has weird reactions to dental anaesthesia! Upper jaw always messes up the sinuses, and lower jaw is wicked on the glands, ear pain, and general swelling. My dentist now only uses half doses, which seems to work just fine. I hate the days of repercussions. The half dose manages to kill all the pain, so next time I'm going to ask for even less. Hope yours feels better soon.

@ashleycarole86 congrats on the Gran Fondo even if your distance was not like last year. It's so good you were back on the bike 🚴🏼‍♀️

This weekend? Horseback ride with a friend Saturday morning, walk with a friend Saturday evening, a vernissage of an interesting art exhibit, and a demonstration of some kind of fancy carving by a friend of my husband's on Sunday. Should be fun, and we'll surely fit in some work on the porch and more painting and garden work in there somewhere.

Have a good one, everyone!

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    PW 219.2
    CW 220.7

Ugh
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 435 Member
    PW=81,5Kg
    CW=81,7Kg
  • lauren_989
  • lauren_989
    edited July 20
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    Next week's group challenge is live and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 21st. Please join us for the Hot Weather Workout Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920369/july-week-4-group-challenge-hot-weather-workout-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    PW: 196.0 lbs
    CW: 193.4 lbs

Happy Friday! I’m a little exhausted from yesterday due to the pup not feeling well and having accidents inside the house. I’m going to work from home today, just to make sure I am around in case he needs to go out. Hoping to find some energy this morning for my workout that I have planned.

@wishfuljune impressive lose - way to go - what was the secret to you success this week?
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    Ruth_2024 wrote: »
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 217.4

Glad the heat is finally back to just normal hot instead of insane here. I skipped my walks earlier in the week because it was just too miserable, and cut today's a bit short because I feel like I have a cold... it's a wierd reaction to dental anesthesia a couple days ago, and my nose hasn't quite recovered yet.

@Gidgitgoescrzy Longwood is so beautiful! I'm jealous, I haven't been there in a very long time.

Congrats @Ruth_2024
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 121 Member
    Hi I’ll like to be exempted please. I’m down with COVID
  • lauren_989
    @zankash23 oh no! Feel better soon!

@jugar any pictures of your garden?

I had a perfect day today! I stayed under calorie goal and did 4 miles on the eliptical. I did something to my back (not sure if it was deadlifts during body pump) and was in a decent amount of pain Thursday. It's feeling better today, but didn't want to chance it with my regular body pump class today.

It did rain a lot though, so I didn't get to do much outside. But we needed the rain, so that's ok. Tomorrow is my sleep in day and then we will see what the weather brings. My tomato plants are starting to flower, so I hope for some tomatoes to start growing soon!!
This discussion has been closed.