WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @smcewen99 I don't know what's wrong with my messages! No one gets them if I send them first 🤷🏼‍♀️ Can you send me a message through MFP and I can reply?

I'm not sure if it is still true, but you might have to be "friends" officially before you can send someone a message. That's how it used to be, in any case!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    Ate out twice today. Ugh. And I wonder why I don’t lose. I have logged all my food every day so that’s something.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Ate out twice today. Ugh. And I wonder why I don’t lose. I have logged all my food every day so that’s something.

I did the same today 🙈 We had lunch catered with Red Robin (burgers and chips) although I did eat a side salad with it. And then had a work dinner at Undercurrent (ribeye, vegetables and salad). The good (bad?) thing was, I was full from lunch so I didn't eat much dinner and my hubby had some good leftovers!
  • lauren_989
    @ashleycarole86 I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Thinking about you!

@Gidgitgoescrzy great job getting back on track! That will be me tomorrow after eating a bunch of bad food.

@jugar thanks for letting me know about the messaging. I will have to see if that works!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 272 Member
    @ashleycarole86 - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. So sad.

@lauren_989 mmmmm I love red robin, they have a southwest salad that is so yummy, the fried jalapeno coins are sooo good. hmmm Maybe I will make that my treat this weekend, I haven't had it in atleast 6 months.

So yesterday was good, I got a really good deal for Hello fresh after a purchase from somewhere else online, and got 4 meals for $ 18.00 - so last night we had apple bourbon chicken with mashed taters, and roasted broccoli. (it was supposed to be pork chops, but I switched it to chicken cause, 2 of the other meals were pork) - I do think it would be better with pork chops, for some reason Apples and pork chops are just a great combo, chicken and apples, ehhhhh , but it was still pretty good. I think the portion sizes on those meals are just right, but we don't order them very often, unless I get a good deal. I found that since he's only home 3-4 nights a week, we aren't always wanting to cook, or have what we have, so it kinda became wasteful.

I did my squats, and some other random exercises, so all together it took about 20 minutes, I did some side lunges, curls, extensions, knee ups, and a couple of walls sits. I did not realize how hard a wall sit was, I only did 30 seconds, but I am going to keep it up. I also did some clam shells and such with a band. - I think aside from the squats everyday, I will just try to do that every other day, and then add 3 videos per week.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and make good choices. :smiley:

• smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 12
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »

I did the same today 🙈 We had lunch catered with Red Robin (burgers and chips) although I did eat a side salad with it. And then had a work dinner at Undercurrent (ribeye, vegetables and salad). The good (bad?) thing was, I was full from lunch so I didn't eat much dinner and my hubby had some good leftovers!

Hey @micki48 - "food for thought" - One song on my frequent playlist for perspective is Wiser Time by The Black Crowes - it puts everything into perspective for me - (chorus) -
    On a good day, it's not every day
    We can part the sea
    And on a bad day, it's not every day
    Glory beyond our reach
    Seconds until sunrise
    Tired but wiser for the time
    Lightning 30 miles away
    Three thousand more in two days

Tomorrow is another day along a bigger journey - have at it.
    Shawn
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 190 Member
    Username bowens1973

CW
  • micki48
    @smcewen99 Love that! Thanks. Good to think about. Today is better.

I made a smoothie for breakfast. I had nonfat plain Greek yogurt just sitting in my fridge. So I added fresh peaches, blueberries, spinach, turmeric and cinnamon and ice. It was really good.

The Healthy Eating plan I am doing is good. Just enough to not be burdensome yet give you a little reminder to do the right thing. It’s a 7 day program. You have to check off the things to do as you do them. I’m liking it. It may be called Small Step. I’ll check and let you know. Free now but Beta so if people like it it will probably be part of premium.

I did some exercises before I got out of my bed to stretch my hip and legs. Oh, I was also trying to use of my flex spending from my old job before I lose it and I ordered this mat by KANJO. It uses acupressure. It’s intense to lay on it at first but oh my, it feels so good.

@lauren_989 Im going to weigh in tomorrow again.
  • Ruth_2024
    Ruth_2024 Posts: 19 Member
    PW: 222.8
    CW: 220.0

@micki48 That smoothie sounds delicious! This heat has me thinking smoothies lately, might try that combo.

A small food victory this week - I succumbed to the temptation of half price Jeni's ice cream, but my husband and I have been savoring it. The pint has been in the house for 4 days now and it's only half gone.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
    CW - 116.4

Friday flying by! Wow. I had a haircut, ran a bunch of errands I have been putting off, had a rehearsal, and in there somewhere was way too much lunch. Salad for supper and hopefully it all balances out. I might have a very well-paying gig next weekend in Gaspé - keeping my fingers crossed that it works out. Flute and harp with a harpist I have been hoping to meet for a while. She is supposed to be a wonderful musician. I know her sister who certainly is, so the chances are good!

I am not keeping up as well as I would like with workouts, so that is my focus for the next few days. Get them done!

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,601 Member
    PW: 195.8 lb
    CW: 196.0 lb

Sorry for the late post! This feels right for me for the week.

On Monday and Tuesday I was on target with my goals and did both of the workouts I wanted to do.

I did fairly well at the work dinner on Wednesday by taking small amounts of food since we ate family style and had a lot of options to choose from. The sushi was absolutely delicious! Because I had to be in the city early, I did not do a workout on Wednesday, and I got back so late, by Thursday morning, I just wanted a few more hours of sleep instead of a workout.

Friday I was back on track with my workout and it was a good challenge in the morning.

I did feel an uptick in cravings, specifically for sweet treats this week, which made sense with TOM starting. I satisfied it by having one piece of chocolate instead of multiples. Now that I’ve cut back on those treats, one feels like just enough.

This weekend I have my family reunion at a restaurant so will be mindful about food there. I have a spin class this morning and then yoga tomorrow to round out the week of workouts.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    The Jul Week 3 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 14th. Please join us for a 7-Day Workout Plan! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919930/july-week-3-group-challenge-7-day-workout-plan/p1?new=1

Stay hydrated and have fun! See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • micki48
    Late Friday weigh in. 😊

PW 219.8
    CW 219.2

I’ll take it. Green.

• lauren_989
    Sorry I haven't been posting much. I am trying to get over a stomach bug. I felt good this morning and went to the gym, but just took a 2 hour nap and not feeling so hot.

It sounds like everyone is having a good week!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 121 Member
    PW: 144.4
    CW: 145.5

Sun- 7157
    gdznj4rnjnpe.png
This discussion has been closed.