WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    I am seeing lots of green numbers so far this week! Way to start strong!

@smcewen99 great picture! It sounds like you are developing a nice rhythm and hopefully soon to be habits!

@Heathere244 great loss with your sister in town! Do you like to hike a lot? I enjoy it, but usually in spring and fall. It is so hot here currently!
  • lauren_989
    Sunday: 1,430
    Monday: 6,270 + 35 min walk @ 3.7 mph
    Tuesday: 3,372
    Wednesday: 4,942
    Thursday: 5,373 + 35 min walk @ 3.5mph
    Friday: 7,141
    Saturday: 9,807
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,492 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    6163s0sddqcf.png
    mzp5hlp5nn3j.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cpccj612b3f6.png

By Pounds
    nn2spzaglt30.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    soh45n6ygiqk.png

By Pounds
    7pw5ynojoo7k.png
    ozl21fl3w6r1.png

Team Winners
    6jooyb4u97ao.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    h6bk9ubp6gxh.png
  • lauren_989
    Congratulations to our week 1 winners!
    @ashleycarole86
    @zankash23
    @Lyss983

Plus @zankash23 has hit 20 pounds down!

🎉🎉🎉
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,601 Member
    Happy Monday all!

I have a busy week with lots of social events involving food:

1. I have a work meeting in the city, which means a catered lunch and a dinner out with the team afterwards.
    2. I also have potentially a night out with friends for Korean BBQ.
    3. I have a family reunion this weekend at a restaurant.
    4. We are hoping to still travel this weekend to see other friends, but one of them just tested positive for COVID, so we’ll have to play that by ear.

I plan to focus on my portion control, and getting food that has been grilled or comes with vegetables.

My movement plan is to work out on every day but Wednesday and Sunday.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 272 Member
    Happy Monday, I am glad to be back to my regularly scheduled program. Long weekends really throw me off, I did not do nearly as much as I had planned, but I did make it to a yoga class on the 4th, and swam alot, I did do all of my squats and arm exercises, although I had to switch one out because it made my shoulder really sore, so the husband told me to drop it because my form sucked. So I switched it to rows.

My food intake wasn't bad at all until yesterday, I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it wasn't good.

Anyway, I am happy to be back to a typical week... I don't know if I could ever retire, sheese, if I can't do 4 days, what in the world would I do with a year... :blush:

Have a great day !
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 49 Member
    Current Weight: 170.6 lbs

I'm almost chuckling at my honorable mention above, since my weight fluctuated a bit this week back up .2. Honestly, unsurprised due to what week it is. Going to keep on keeping on!
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    Good morning Waistaways 🥰
    I'm happy to report a loss 🎉

CW 238.6lbs 😁🎉

Have a lovely Monday 🥰

Congrats on the loss!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    What great losses!! I’m 👀 at you @YinxFed @Heathere244 @smcewen99 @adrimango Way to lead the pack. I’m hoping/working to join you.

@wishfuljune To say you’ve been working out for years! What an amazing accomplishment and also good advice. Morning is also what I need to do but I just haven’t made it a life habit (at 60) I don’t know why I’m so stubborn. I know I will feel better and see results. You have a very challenging week ahead. I’m rooting for you.

@smcewen99 Your bike gang looks like a fun
    group. Good for you all.

I’ve been eating out a lot. Need to rein it in. Get back to my salad for lunch like when I was working.

It’s been so so hot here I’ve made excuses not to be outside and inside stuff seems to involve a lot of sitting.

@lauren_989 I know I missed you in GSO by like a month. I moved and then you joined the team. Every time you mention a restaurant or park I want to say Where did you go? 😂 if you go to 1618 please post a photo. That was my birthday dinner place.

Hope everyone makes it a great Monday.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    kc9qojefn1uk.png
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 8
    @micki48 - hope you got on the mat. Just starting is the hardest part somedays

@smcewen99 - fantastic loss this week and love the pic

@Heathere244 - great loss, I know for me camping can really derail the work you put in. Great motivation for me to keep consistent when I'm out camping soon

@YinxFed @strong_fit_ells - nice loss

@lauren_989 sounds like a fantastic weekend. I love live music.

I'm not staying in the green this week, I really limited my drinking and got some good workouts in - perhaps it's extra water but could also be from this heat we are experiencing. I had a great weekend, spent Saturday evening catching up with old friends at a birthday party and got ready to send my daughter to camp this week. It's a day camp where she does science and sports all day, but we are going to be getting some extreme heat so hope they modify it and keep the kids cool.

Got a great workout in today. I'm following a 3 run schedule with my Peloton group and today was a fast run - I'm not a fast runner but I try.

PW 164.6
    CW 166.6
  • lauren_989
    @wishfuljune great plan for the week! It's a good idea to see what you have to do and plan around it.

@Lyss983 I think @ashleycarole86 mentioned this before, but when you have a big drop one week, the next week usually isn't as big or can even be a small gain. Keep on track and don't let it de-rail you.

@micki48 I will have to mention where I go! This past weekend was the deck in Jamestown. I love 1618 too, but typically only go there on someone else's dime 😂. With work meetings, they take us to some fancier restaurants, so we are eating at Undercurrent (my favorite) on Thursday and Ruth's Chris steakhouse on the 23rd.

Great day today! I have been feeling good the last 4 days. Some of my meds got switched and I didn't realize how much one in particular made me fatigued and brain foggy. I feel like a new person! I went to body pump tonight and ate within goal. I'm hoping for a green number tomorrow 🤞🏻
  • lauren_989
  • lauren_989
    PW: 212.0
    CW: 214.8

Super surpised by this. Was expecting a green number, not a very red one. Well, I will keep tracking and exercising and it should get me in the right direction eventually.
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 140 Member
    0s8to8g17vhe.jpg

@ashleycarole86 my steps for last week :smile:

this week won't be so good :neutral: I am really poorly with Covid. I slept since Sunday night and this afternoon is the first time I got out of bed to the sofa lol :smiley:
    I honestly didn't realise covid is still at large :neutral:

I hope you are all well :heart:
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 9
    @Gidgitgoescrzy wow talk about non scale victory. Your BP is that of a 20 year old. I had a off night yesterday too with going off track. Think my problem is that I'm not eating enough during the day and I just want to eat everything come dinner.

@strong_fit_ells wow great activity - Take some rest and hope you feel better soon. Yes I heard there's a COVID spike going on right now.

Had a fantastic day with my workout and eating but come the evening I just couldn't stop with the Costco cookies that were on the counter for the last few days. Think it's because I didn't bring enough to eat for lunch and was way too hungry. I need to plan more treats in my day and eat them earlier than white knuckling it all day and just give in when my energy is down. I know in the half size me podcast this is something that's encouraged. Planning treats that will stay in the plan but be exciting and something that can be incorporated in my diet. Something for me to start doing.
This discussion has been closed.