WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 49 Member
    Going to try finding/creating some sort of workout calendar for myself. When I'm feeling unmotivated, I'm tending to do super short workouts. I'm glad I'm still doing something, but I'd like to do more.
  • ginnygee1
    ginnygee1 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for the Welcome, @lauren_989 and @ashleycarole86 its great to be here.

I think I'll stick with Saturday unless this group has a specific day that you all weigh in.

Slight blip in my weight this week with a slight increase, but know this was down to calorie intake and not tracking consistently.

29/6 - 164.2
    6/7 - 164.8

July GW: 160
    UGW: 140

Hit my step goals with the following:

29/6 - 10,251
    30/6 - 10,217
    1/7 - 14,105
    2/7 - 14,068
    3/7 - 19,327
    4/7 - 12,975
    5/7 - 12,835

Off to the gym later to fulfill my 2 sessions a week goal.

Trying to get back into the rhythm of tracking my food but the key I think will be meal prep which I'm terrible at. 😊

Any advice greatly appreciated.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    The Jul Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 7th. Please join us for a fun Healthy Habits Bingo game all week and see if you can win a prize!! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919472/july-week-2-group-challenge-healthy-habits-bingo/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Lyss983 wrote: »
    Going to try finding/creating some sort of workout calendar for myself. When I'm feeling unmotivated, I'm tending to do super short workouts. I'm glad I'm still doing something, but I'd like to do more.

Well done for doing something, rather than nothing.

I find it easier to follow curated programs. The 2 workout women I follow most are Heather Robertson - I've just finished up her 12 Week 4.0 program. 60 workouts ranging in 30-45 minutes each routine. The programs are a mix of strength (Dumbbells and/or resistance bands), cardio/HIIT and pilates Fusion.

I also follow Caroline Girvan and have completed 2 of her Epic programs. She has a similar make-up of workouts to Heather. Both ladies these and other
    workouts from an extensive library on YouTube.

Next week I will be starting Caroline's Pyramid Series. There are only 5 workouts in this series, each just under an hour long, but as my week generally consists of 3 of these workouts, one Yoga class and 2 walk/run combos, it will take me a couple of weeks to finish it. And that's OK.

I just find it easier to pick a program and then just press play. I can't be bothered to create my own playlist.

Oh, and Sydney Cummings has a program called Summertime Fine.

Enjoy your workouts whichever way you go.
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @Ruth_2024 that smoothie bowl looks delicious! I am going to have to try it! I liked the book "Strong Curves: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body." It has great weight lifting plans and goes from beginner to medium to advanced.

@Kali225 I have you excused. Have a great trip!

@micki48 great job having a cup of cherries! I had some delicious watermelon yesterday that tasted super fresh and full of flavor.

Yesterday, I enjoyed a BBQ at my in-laws and then we went and watched fireworks at a nearby park. It was a great show! Luckily, we didn't hit too much traffic leaving and were one of the first few people out of the park. I did over eat slightly, but will not let that de-rail me the rest of the week. Every time I go to visit my MIL, she is always offering me desserts, saying it's just one, it's not that bad...it's a holiday... :#

I am now just waiting for the thunder to stop, so hopefully I can get a short walk in tonight. It was a very muggy and hot day, it was 98F with a feel like temperature of 111F. I am looking forward to this weekend and getting sleep. I know I wanted to focus this month on just my calories and steps, but I may need to add sleep to my focus as well. I have been very tired recently and been on my phone doom scrolling again when I should be sleeping.

Great work @lauren_989 - I think the inner conversation I know I did a little extra is OK as long as it part of the larger picture.
  • smcewen99
    Hi everyone, I am Chelsey and I live in Rhode Island. My husband and I have a dog who we spoil every chance we can. I’ve been successful with weight loss in the past, going from my highest of over 220lbs to my lowest of 163lbs and I remind myself it’s about consistency.

In June, I started to see a downward trend in my weight again, likely due to being more mindful about weekends. It was also my birthday and my husband’s, so we did have a fun time celebrating with friends and good food.

Since I have been tracking for over a year now, as well as seeing a dietician, my doctor prescribed me weight loss medication to help since I’ve been losing and gaining the same 5-10lbs. The medicine I have speeds up your metabolism and is supposed to be used in partnership with exercise. I’ve only been on it for two days, but so far so good.

I am also onto Tier 3 of Sydney’s Summertime Fine workout program for this year and I have loved it so far. It’s really motivating to see that weights I used to think are challenging for even a few reps, I can now do for multiple sets. This morning was a body weight abs and cardio burner and it was awesome!

Also, I continue to do spin classes and yoga classes on the weekends for a total of 5 workouts per week.

PW: 196.8 lb
    CW: 195.8 lb

Hey @wishfuljune - congrats on a great week of movement and loss - welcome to the group - they are a supportive and fun bunch. What is the easiest part of movement / and healthy choice for you?
  • smcewen99
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @lauren_989 can I be excused this week? Went out of town for the holiday and totally forgot my scale!!

Behind on posts as well, but hope those in the US had a good 4th celebration!

I'm Kay, 29, living in Boston and working in finance. Struggling immensely recently with binge eating after work, and sticking to the things that I meal prep. I like home workouts, and I host dance cardio in person and virtually for a few of my girlfriends each week. Really hoping I can make some progress the rest of the summer - I have been stuck in the 254-260 lb range for about 4 months now which is so frustrating. I'm also dealing with an ongoing issue in my feet, akin to tendonitis, and I am seeing a new doctor on Tuesday to hopefully, finally, get a real plan to fix that problem.

Hi Kay - @Kali225 - Making smart food choices after a long and intense day at work is difficult - as a heavy travel guy it is the hardest thing when on the road. My thing is portion control - if I can get the chicken burger minus the fries I am off to a good start - My wife likes aqua classes and I try to get to the pool and swim laps - all good for the feet. I miss cardio funk class (instructor) - getting lost in the music and losing track of time - minus the spandex (90's for me) Be kind to yourself this week - Shawn
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 121 Member
    PW: 146.4
    CW: 144.4

Sun- 9851
    pdxf0yqdcwsx.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
    smcewen99 wrote: »
    I miss cardio funk class (instructor) - getting lost in the music and losing track of time - minus the spandex (90's for me) Be kind to yourself this week - Shawn

Shawn, you are just rocking things in general these days! But cardio funk just sounds like the best thing ever. I love funk for working out even though I am a classical musician! Send me your playlists if you have any :smiley: And don't worry - spandex is not in the closet here. Nor in any drawers. Nope.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
    Better late than never?

CW: 116.9

Great sweat-fest with Jasper today. I could not bring myself to put a saddle on the poor guy in this heat, so we stayed in the indoor arena out of the sun and had a blast lunging over poles, in all kinds of new ways. I think we both enjoyed experimenting and burning a bunch of calories, and then getting thoroughly hosed off afterwards. Ahhhhh.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 435 Member
    PW=80,1 Kg
    CW=79,9 Kg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    Friday weigh in on Saturday

CW 219.5

Not many steps today. Went to a friend’s memorial service. It was lovely but we sat for a few hours.

What do I need to do to make myself get on the mat and do Pilates. I just won’t do it. So dumb.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    edited July 7
  • lauren_989
  • lauren_989
    I had a busy day today, but productive! I did a lot of yard work this morning before it got too hot and then went for a walk. I transplanted more peppers, but my veggies are not liking this heat we are having. I am also crocheting a bluey stuffed animal for my niece's birthday, so I got part of that done. I only have 2.5 weeks to finish, so I need to get moving. I ate within range and drank a ton of water today. Then saw a local band play at a bar with some friends which was a lot of fun!

Tomorrow is meal prepping for the week, maybe going for a walk, and more crocheting!
  • YinxFed
    Greetings Friends,

PW - 187.5
    CW - 186.4
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,601 Member
    edited July 7
    @smcewen99 - I’ve been working out for years, so for me, the easiest part is finding something you love to do, and then it doesn’t feel like a chore. There will be days where you don’t feel motivated, but those will be fewer if you find exercise or movement you love.

The second thing for me is getting it done in the morning. My work mentally drains me, so if I wait until the end of the day, my energy will be zapped.
  • YinxFed
    Step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday 30th June - 5835
    Monday 1st July - 3970 / 29mins Fat-burning workout (Lucy Wyndham Read)
    Tuesday 2nd - 1841
    Wednesday 3rd - 10,535 / 40mins Walking
    Thursday 4th - 2742
    Friday 5th - 1256
    Saturday 6th -3349

Not much activity for me this week. I'll be starting over tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.