WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,197 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy Sounds like an amazing workout plan! Your 50 pound weight loss has been so inspiring.

@Lyss983 What a great way to use your time off. Everything feels so much better when we're not exhausted.

Canada Day long weekend here so we are off today - woo hoo! That means we are still at the lake. When we get home we'll have a full house as my brother and his wife are with us for 2 weeks or so visiting my mom. It's a hectic time!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,197 Member
    Options
    June 30 steps -

I'm on a mission to ladder up my July week 1 over my June week 4! Just got back from my walk today... I had a good step day last Monday as I was in office so I'll need to push at the lake today to make it happen.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I'm glad the biopsy went well and I am sure you will be even more relieved when you get the actual results. I know a lot of people are getting into pickle ball, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Today was a good day. My first day back to work after 11 days off and it was actually not as bad as expected. I was able to catch up for the most part which was surprising. I went to the gym after work and was able to walk on the track for a couple miles. My back is mostly better, just a few twinges so I didn't want to chance it with body pump again tonight.

It has been so hot here the past week and my veggie plants are not liking it one bit. Plus the deer ate some branches off my tomato plants and I hope they don't die or not produce from shock :/ I think I need to start my seeds earlier next year. I also may try again later this summer and into the fall when it cools down. We have been in the 90s most days with feel like temps in the 100s.

I may watch that docuseries Jolene, it looks interesting! Has anyone else watched this?
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Reminder! Weigh-in's due through Tuesday:

@StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango
    @Lyss983
    @ineego
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    7/1/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.2
    CW (Current Weight): 165.4

Sunday 6/23 8,571
    Monday 6/24, 10,120 (20 kickboxing /40 core)
    Tuesday 6/25 9,882 (10 core,10kick,10 strength)
    Wednesday 6/26 10,283 (60 min piyo)
    Thursday 6/27 AM 17,135 (10 core, 10kickbox, 10 strength)
    Friday 6/28 15,038
    Saturday 6/29 15,124 (40 dance, 10 HIIT)

@ashleycarole86

For July, I’m thinking about bowing out of posting my steps and workout?

I believe I need to focus on my nutrition and emotional management this month. Really dial into my spiritual wellness.

I’m celebrating the fact I’m posting on a Monday—that was such a challenge in June.

I love JULY because it’s like January all over again. How can we finish the last 6 months strong? So I’m bringing new years energy and vibe to this month. That is all 🥰

Oh join a challenge!

Water Challenge

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=K46N2P

25 Active Minutes a Day

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=K46N2P

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Okay so I thought I was starting small with those arm exercises and just 2lb weights, ummm guys that was not as easy as I thought, but it was doable, although I did accidently add an extra move in because I forgot what I was supposed to do. The arm circles are the hardest, but in a week or two they will be easy peasy.

The scale was way up this morning, so I hope I can get it back down by tomorrow.

Okay busy day, but I am planning on doing pilates this evening.

Have a wonderful day !
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So, I was signed up for crossfit last night, but was asked to play pickleball. So, I played pickleball and it was so much fun!

Happy belated Canada Day to our friends up north!

@lauren_989 - I am glad to hear that your back is doing better. Back pain is horrible because it impacts everything you do! You were smart to take it easy by not going back to body pump right away! Also, I love that you have a garden. Hopefully the heat and deer don't ruin it!

@gidgitgoescrzy - I am glad you got through your arm workout even though it was hard!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! Intro - Michele here. 60 years old. Ahh! Living in the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania, USA. I’ve been on this team since I was closer to 50. 😂 I’ve battled weight my entire adult life. Lost weight with WW after kids, gained. Held steady, lost, creeped up a little higher. You know. My high weight was 223. My low with this team 188 (right as the pandemic started). I’m up 30 pounds from there now. I do not like pictures I see of myself. None of my favorite clothes fit. Back to baggy, frumpy, stretchy stuff. But mostly, I don’t really care for the way I feel. Joint pain, tired easily. I know this can change. When I was younger, it was much easier because my effort had impressive results. Now, effort does not equal success as easily.

This month I am sticking with my 7k step goal, logging, and no French fries this week no matter where we go. Sounds silly but it’s a little thing.

Our team had good results last month. Way to go. Let’s keep it up.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @gidgitgoescrzy you are such an inspiration to this group. I hear you 2lbs are deceiving when it comes to arms. Keep up the work.
    @MaddawgMadsen glad to hear the biopsy went well. i have never played pickleball but this is pushing me to find a place that teaches it.

Hi all I'm Joann, I live in Alberta and work as a public health nurse. I'm married and have a 10 year old daughter 2 year old German shepherd. On top of that I'm taking a online MPA degree. May and June have been rough because the class I was taking took more out of me than I wanted, and I didn't manage the stress well. I took up the habit of late night snacking and that didn't help with any weight loss. This month my focus is to stop eating after dinner.
    PW 165.2
    CW 164.6
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Can I rejoin steps challenge, please Ashley? :blush:
    I finally wore my Fitbit first time consistently for 3 weeks, woop! woop! :smiley:

I would like to pledge 10,000 daily :blush:

Thank you x
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post my steps earlier. Not so great this week. This week will be better. bxu8e907jrly.png
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Reminder for Wednesday folks!

@Gidgitgoescrzy
    @EvMakesChanges

Today was an eventful day at home...we had a toilet start leaking and then the water shut off valve apparently doesn't shut completely off and the toilet still leaks. So we shut the water off to the whole house. We got a replacement part for where it was leaking and that didn't help, so I tightened the screw and next thing you know **CRACK** well...I guess we are going to hire a plumber and need a new toilet...any way...off to bed before anything else happens...
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I've been really good about staying on track food-wise, and I'm getting some sort of movement in 4-5 days a week. But I'm struggling with steps. I essentially fall into a hole of whatever I'm working on on my computer (work or entertainment), and getting my steps in seems daunting because it A) takes a long time since I'm not running and B) is not that engaging, especially when it's compared to whatever I'm doing while sitting.
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    And we are off - light garden workout (35 min)
    Adding in some more movement this week - with a goal of 3-5 days.
    Food intake is honest and accurate as I seek to operate under 500 calories.
    Posted two visuals on my wall (I work from home)
    1) long term goals
    2) Visual graph to track progress (weight loss)
    3) Need to think about non - weight goals - I am a visual guy. (any ideas?)

Example (long term goals)
    - being able to sit comfortably in a booth in a diner
    - no buddy belt on an airplane
    - able to fit / enjoy a roller coaster ride
    - shop at a regular men's store for clothes

“Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays, but never lose sight of your goal. Prepare yourself in every way you can by increasing your knowledge and adding to your experience, so that you can make the most of opportunity when it occurs.” — Mario Andretti

Shawn
  • lauren_989
    Options
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 212.0

I hate starting the month off in the red. Although on a positive note, I only gained 2 pounds while I was in RI and MA which is better for me than in the past. I was tracking and exercising and hoping for a loss though. Here is to a green week next week!

Well it's 3:30am and I can't sleep. Too much going on in my brain and stressing over things I can't control. Time to try some deep breathing and hope for maybe 2 more hours of sleep before work?

@Lyss983 I know what you mean about steps. It is interesting though, because 10,000 steps was an arbitrary number someone came up with. I read that you should aim for 3,000-4,000 steps above what you would normally walk in a day if you weren't doing anything extra. So your normal stuff around the house, work, etc. I will have to find that article and share it!

@smcewen99 ohhh non scale goals is a great question!! I have an exercise one which is to jog a 5k in less than 30 minutes (don't ask how that one is going). My husband likes to go by his belt holes and get to the next one down. He about needs to buy a new belt! I also have a health one to keep my blood pressure down. It had gone up at one point and I thought I was going to need to go on medication at 37 years old! 🙈
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Here is one article on steps:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2023/08/08/4000-steps-per-day-lower-death-risk/70548600007/

Anyone else read anything or have thoughts on this?