WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,318 Member
    Good morning!

@strong_fit_ells Those are incredible step numbers. I know you’re a mover. So sorry to hear Covid has you down and out. Yes it’s still around and apparently hard to kick (at least with my friends lately). Take care of yourself and listen to your body.

@Gidgitgoescrzy That is fabulous about your bp. What a reward for all your hard work. That must be so satisfying. HRT - you’ve given me food for thought. I have felt awful since hitting menopause in 2020. My hot flashes were no big deal, but joint pain is the worse. I’m thinking of trying it. I would be so relieved. I did a few exercises last night and woke up with neck pain. So far heat and Aleve have not taken care of it.

@lauren_989 The weight gain is so frustrating when you know you’ve been on track. Do t let it derail your hard work. It’s a blip. You know you did the right things. 1618 is a once a year treat for me too. Undercurrent is very nice. While we’re at it, Maxie Bs. Just stay away. 😉

I’m trying this healthy eating coach on MFP. Have any of you tried it? Lots of stuff we all know, but novelty helps me stay on track. It’s pretty simple to do. I was over my calories yesterday but not horribly and it was logged. So small changes. Now to move without hurting myself. 😂
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrzy wahoo! That is awesome about your blood pressure!!

@cleaneater80 I think it's good to include indulgences once in awhile. If I didn't, I would just go off track and binge them. I try not to keep them in the house though. And I'm really liking sugar free chocolate pudding!

@strong_fit_ells feel better soon!

@micki48 if I lived closer to maxi B's that would be a huge problem 😂 I have not heard of the coaching, but let us know how you like it!

Today is my half day at work. Tracked my food so far and drinking water now. I plan to go for a walk today or go to the gym and the elliptical. The feel like temp is 113F 🥵

Trying a sugar free bbq sauce with dinner tonight. I hope it tastes good!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 305 Member
    I have been MIA for a week?! And, I didn't do my weigh-in last week. But, I will make sure to weigh in this week.

Thursday was my birthday (my friends and family call it the 4th of Jolene) and I had a great time with the four days off. Like @cleaneater80 & @Gidgitgoescrzy, I did well all weekend until Sunday. Definitely went off the rails Sunday. The worst part is that it was with sugar. Too much sugar gives me migraines. I had a migraine all day yesterday. At least before the poor choices on Sunday I managed to get in three nights/mornings of pickleball and a hike.

@Gidgitgoescrzy - Way to go on getting off all of your prescriptions! That is huge!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 850 Member
    7/8/24

Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.4
    CW (Current Weight): 165.4

I look forward to checking in once a week with my progress and reading your post to cheer our team on. Until then, please be encouraged and let’s keep plugging away at our goals 🙏🏾

Sincerely
    BRe (Bridget)
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 46 Member
    @micki48 - hope you got on the mat. Just starting is the hardest part somedays

@smcewen99 - fantastic loss this week and love the pic

@Heathere244 - great loss, I know for me camping can really derail the work you put in. Great motivation for me to keep consistent when I'm out camping soon

@YinxFed @strong_fit_ells - nice loss

@lauren_989 sounds like a fantastic weekend. I love live music.

I'm not staying in the green this week, I really limited my drinking and got some good workouts in - perhaps it's extra water but could also be from this heat we are experiencing. I had a great weekend, spent Saturday evening catching up with old friends at a birthday party and got ready to send my daughter to camp this week. It's a day camp where she does science and sports all day, but we are going to be getting some extreme heat so hope they modify it and keep the kids cool.

Got a great workout in today. I'm following a 3 run schedule with my Peloton group and today was a fast run - I'm not a fast runner but I try.

PW 164.6
    CW 166.6

@cleaneater80 - I remember those fast run days - nothing hurts, you are in the zone - take the win.

• smcewen99
    I went to the dr this morning, and my bp was 100/72 - I hadn't taken my meds yet either, so I have to go back in two weeks for a final check, and then boom, I am off all prescription meds! :smiley: I think that is a better goal than any of the others ! Well wait HRT is a prescription, but I am not counting it cause it's not to fix something, it's to enhance something. lol...

I am not doing well this week, July is not off to a good start for me, I gotta get it together, I am finding myself being very lazy ! I am dreading weigh in tomorrow, I think it's going to be up again...

@Gidgitgoescrzy - I feel you on having blah days and weeks - perhaps seek a easy win like a walk around the block, write 3 things that you are greatful for, treat yourself to a healthy meal, book a Spa day or take a day or two off. We have so much noise and distraction in our lives that compete against our goals. Hall pass are given ;-) be kind to yourself and seek the small victories
  • smcewen99
    Celebrating 2 little wins
    1) My wife and daughter convinced me to get them a peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen (only 1700 ish calories) - I opted for the buster bar @ 405 calories and promptly put in the freezer for a rainy day
    2) Filled my plate with left overs and put 1/3 back before eating

• MaddawgMadsen
    I made it to CrossFit last night and spin class this morning. I decided last week that 39 (the age I turned on Thursday) is going to be the year I really focus on my health and my overall well being. I've started by giving up alcohol and convincing my husband to also give it up. Now, I'm getting back to the activities I love (spin & CrossFit year round, pickleball in the spring/summer, bowling in the fall/winter). Also now is focusing on what I put in my mouth, specifically where it came from/how it was produced. I tried to start logging again yesterday, but MFP only let me log foods I previously logged. I kept getting errors saying the page didn't exist when I would try to add new foods.
  • lauren_989
    @smcewen99 great non-scale victories! I sent you a message through MFP, did you get it?

@EvMakesChanges great job getting to the gym!

@MaddawgMadsen I love the idea for the year of your health. You have some excellent plans for this year!

I had a decent day today. Ate well and got to the gym. We found out my dad has MALT lymphoma. Again with an answer brings more questions and more testing.
  • smcewen99
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @smcewen99 great non-scale victories! I sent you a message through MFP, did you get it?

@EvMakesChanges great job getting to the gym!

@MaddawgMadsen I love the idea for the year of your health. You have some excellent plans for this year!

I had a decent day today. Ate well and got to the gym. We found out my dad has MALT lymphoma. Again with an answer brings more questions and more testing.

Hey @lauren_989 no I did not get your message - lost in the storm?
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 272 Member
    Well yesterday I feel like I did get it together, It was a perfect day ! The scale even agreed this morning, had I waited one day it would have been a .2 loss rather than a 1.6 gain (2nd gain in a row).

So I made this chicken on Tuesday, it was thin sliced chicken breast, I made a blackened seasoning, and then grilled the chicken, I'm pretty sure I used a tablespoon of cayenne rather than a teaspoon though because it is spicy! Anyway, it's absolutely delicious, and the best part, I like it cold, so I cut it up into little strips, and it honestly makes the perfect snack. Now normally I would not eat left over chicken, I am just weird about it, but this, yeah, I think this will be my new go to weekly snack.

Have a great day !
  • lauren_989
    @smcewen99 I don't know what's wrong with my messages! No one gets them if I send them first 🤷🏼‍♀️ Can you send me a message through MFP and I can reply?
  • MaddawgMadsen
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 177.2

These changes are bound to make a difference in the weight, but to be honest, I'm not too worried about it. As long as I am feeling better and making progress.

@lauren_989 - I am sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. I hope you get the answers you need to all your questions.

@ashleycarole86 - I am sorry to hear about your friend's passing. That is really tough to deal with. I will send good thoughts your way for you and @bowens1973.
  • smcewen99
    @smcewen99 I don't know what's wrong with my messages! No one gets them if I send them first 🤷🏼‍♀️ Can you send me a message through MFP and I can reply?

Doesn't seem to work - how about I give you a txt or email OR find me linkedIn (more steps ;-))
  • lauren_989
    smcewen99 wrote: »

Doesn't seem to work - how about I give you a txt or email OR find me linkedIn (more steps ;-))

Ok, so I'm not the only one having issues. I will report to MFP as well. My email address is lmcelwee77@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.