Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    @ganival I’m using the LeanFit from Costco. It’s honestly not the best tasting but it’s ok and the price is right.
    I find when I do frozen berries I can taste it less. Oddly as well if I use a blender instead of a shaker cup it tastes better in milk.

I’ve also been using it to make protein ice cream for my Ninja Creami
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,979 Member
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @ganival I’m using the LeanFit from Costco. It’s honestly not the best tasting but it’s ok and the price is right.
    I find when I do frozen berries I can taste it less. Oddly as well if I use a blender instead of a shaker cup it tastes better in milk.

I’ve also been using it to make protein ice cream for my Ninja Creami

Protein ice cream sounds interesting...
  • DaffyGirl88
    Hello Shape Shifters! If you've ever wondered what the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge was all about, now's your chance to find out. They've opened it up to the public this week. You are welcome to come and join in the fun! Or you can just poke around the Castle a bit and see if you'd like to try it out.

Link to this week's challenge:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920703/festival-of-hogwarts-week-6-july-29th-august-4th#latest

Link to challenge main page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146685-hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-summer-at-hogwarts-term-50

Link to application for next term starting 23 August:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepZknVJY-Odga1t0W9o2_fgDx6QslG0BUVvn9ABkOz40aQng/viewform
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,416 Member
    Hello Shape Shifters! If you've ever wondered what the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge was all about, now's your chance to find out. They've opened it up to the public this week. You are welcome to come and join in the fun! Or you can just poke around the Castle a bit and see if you'd like to try it out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920703/festival-of-hogwarts-week-6-july-29th-august-4th#latest

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146685-hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-summer-at-hogwarts-term-50

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepZknVJY-Odga1t0W9o2_fgDx6QslG0BUVvn9ABkOz40aQng/viewform

Hi it says you need to complete 30 min of running , 30 min of strength & 30 min of stretching for the next term
    I'm unable to run - my knees can't take it and just doing a yoga program without weights - would I still be able to join?
  • LaurieWrobo
    Sunday steps

@Pupowl I love that orange flower!

@LaurieWrobo well done!!

Thank you!!🥰
  • LaurieWrobo
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I have decided to start posting every day here again, but I will not be writing much. Just track the 4 things below and share pictures if I have them. Here is my tiny recap for Sunday. Have a lovely day everyone. <3
    [ Sleep ] 8h 46m ~ 83 score
    [ Movement ] 57 minute walk
    [ Food ] Overate on junk, but no binge
    [ Steps ] 15.134
    Yesterdays walk
    pkqpsw7nqkok.jpg
    08vad8fnwpoe.jpg
    ovnejro10aww.jpg
    amkcs9yrjtdz.jpg
    92bezn4au9ep.jpg
    tjkwu2u22sd3.jpg

And some older pictures since I didn't post for a week
    m7azcd3egwrd.jpg
    bc42sk6qw9g6.jpg
    uyom7jyrj9pi.jpg
    o0r0yxu2lam8.jpg
    6wmhiebg6e23.jpg
    fziio4e2i3p1.jpg
    uuqnba9jf61w.jpg
    zjgmz7y17i3h.jpg

Nicely done - love the pics🥰
  • LaurieWrobo
    ganival wrote: »
    Well I officially have lost 5lbs in 3 weeks due to my new workout program using only body weight and flushing out inflammation- I wore a skirt today to church that I haven't been able to fit in for over 3 years
    I'm pretty proud I was able to finally get going again it's been very hard & frustrating to not be able to lose weight just the same 2lbs on & off

Well done! I also have a stack of clothes that I can’t wait to fit into again. How often do you do the workout?

The program is 5 days a week for 20 min/day, but I don't keep to that - I also go to my yoga studio 2x/week along with rest days so I follow what is to be done on the day I left off - not overtraining my body which seems to be responding
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,052 Member
    July Wk5 Weigh-in:
    CW: 165.1lbs

PW: 163.5lbs
    Week5: Gained +1.6lbs
    Week’s Mini-Goals:
    • Log / Exe(1Hr) / Und-C&Cs
      🔴🔴🟢🟢🔴🔴🔴

Yes Days: 2 / 7 Days
    • Just Say NO Days
      🅾️🅾️✅✅🅾️🅾️🅾️

Yes Days: 2 / 7 Days)

~ didn’t do too great with these.. and my weigh-in shows it. 😔
    July Results: 165.1lbs; Gained +1.3lbs
    ~ My “No Drinking” rule was getting more and more difficult because family has been coming over just to test out their “signature” drinks they’re making for my birthday party coming up Saturday. I chose my favorite finally… so no more of that. We’re going to have two drinks now, because I like tequila and there’s not a ton of people who do
    Prev Weights:

📐📐📐📐📐Wk5: 165.1
    📈+1.6 Gain
    L/Ex/Uc’s : 🔴🔴🟢🟢🔴🔴🔴

Say-No🍺: 🅾️🅾️✅✅🅾️🅾️🅾️

📐📐📐📐Wk4: 163.5 -3.5 📉
    📐📐📐Wk3: 167 -+0 📉
    📐📐Wk2: 167 +5 📈
    📐Wk1: 162 -1.8 📉

Aug2024 SW: 165.1
    July2024 SW: 163.8
    June2024 SW: 166
    May2024 SW: 172
    April2024 SW: 172
    Mar2024 SW: 175.6
    Feb 2024 SW: 179
    July 2023 SW: 173.5
    June 2023 SW: 178
    Aug2022 SW: 156.3
    Jan2022 SW: 164
  • DaffyGirl88

Hi it says you need to complete 30 min of running , 30 min of strength & 30 min of stretching for the next term
    I'm unable to run - my knees can't take it and just doing a yoga program without weights - would I still be able to join?

@LaurieWrobo YES!! There are always modifications for any exercise.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,436 Member
    @lolakinks - I read a post from someone yesterday who was just starting out on MFP and said she was only seeing up and down movement. Two experienced people - who had sustained major weight loss of about 100 pounds each - encouraged her to focus on 5-10 pound goals. One person said that it takes 4-6 weeks to start seeing a pattern. It’s frustrating but slower loss is more likely to be sustained and may reduce stretch marks and loose skin. So, I like to think about the process as a new way of eating and moving instead of a temporary ‘weight loss’ diet. It’s certainly not easy and that’s why we’re here to support one another— Wishing you the best!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @Pupowl — Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos. I especially loved the orange and yellow flower photos yesterday and the mushroom above.
  • DaffyGirl88
    @lolakinks I agree with what the others have said. I recommend poking around in some of the other forums and reading what some of the long time MFP users post. I particularly like AnnPT77. She is in her late 60's, has lost a considerable amount of weight and has kept if off for several years. She responds with excellent advice almost daily to people making posts similar to yours.

Following on what @Pupowl said about increasing your activity. Here is the link to a thread started by Ann with tons of ideas on how to increase your daily activity without doing formal exercise. Even small amount of calories burned add up.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

I'll see if I can find a few more links for you. I have found that many othe MFP users can say something so much better than I ever could. Hang in there!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited July 30
    What I’ve been tracking…
    Sun (Wk5; Day 1)
    • Log / Exe(1Hr) / Und-Cs / No🍺
      No / No / No / No
    • NetCalories: 1697
    • NetCarbs: 149
    • Steps: 3575
    Mon (Wk5; Day 2)
      Yes / Yes / No / No
    • NetCalories: 2371
    • NetCarbs: 140
    • Steps: 7747
    Running Average..
    • Net Calories ( 4068 / 10500 )
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 2034 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 289 / 350 )
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 144 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 11322 / 59500)
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 5661 (Goal: 8500)
    July; Wk5 (so far):
    • Log / Exe(1Hr) / Und-Cs
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      (Yes Days: 0 / 2 Days)
    • No Drinking
      🅾️🅾️🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲
      (Just Said NO Days: 0 / 2 Days)
    Sunday: Late night munchies again.. on a Sunday again. Also I worked on Sunday so I could be off this coming Friday. Little switch ups in my schedule tend to throw me …and I don’t thing I captured all my calories/carbs
    Monday: got my workouts in but still struggling to get back to normal eating
    time to get my act together!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @DaffyGirl88 – Yes! AnnPT77 gives sage advice and she’s always so supportive and respectful. I saw that NEAT thread with many helpful suggestions. Thanks for the reminder and link!
  • DaffyGirl88
    @DaffyGirl88 – Yes! AnnPT77 gives sage advice and she’s always so supportive and respectful. I saw that NEAT thread with many helpful suggestions. Thanks for the reminder and link!

This. Especially since she gives the smae advice every day! And it isn't just a cut and paste either! LOL
  • DaffyGirl88
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    What I’ve been tracking…
    Sun (Wk5; Day 1)
      No / No / No / No
    • NetCalories: 1697
    • NetCarbs: 149
    • Steps: 3575
    Mon (Wk5; Day 2)
      Yes / Yes / No / No
    • NetCalories: 2371
    • NetCarbs: 140
    • Steps: 7747
    Running Average..
    • Net Calories ( 4068 / 10500 )
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 2034 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 289 / 350 )
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 144 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 11322 / 59500)
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 5661 (Goal: 8500)
    July; Wk5 (so far):
    • Log / Exe(1Hr) / Und-Cs
      🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      (Yes Days: 0 / 2 Days)
    • No Drinking
      🅾️🅾️🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲
      (Just Said NO Days: 0 / 2 Days)
    Sunday: Late night munchies again.. on a Sunday again. Also I worked on Sunday so I could be off this coming Friday. Little switch ups in my schedule tend to throw me …and I don’t thing I captured all my calories/carbs
    Monday: got my workouts in but still struggling to get back to normal eating
    time to get my act together!!

@Krysless2 time to get my act together! I'm with ya girlfriend! But we got this! We've done it before (too many times) and we can do it again!
This discussion has been closed.