Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,447 Member
    @txcritter69 We got this. I'm glad John's appt went well. That must be a relief! How's Diesel doing? That dinner sounds yummy.

@TeresaW2024 Yes, it seems like there is always something lol. I was so busy yesterday, I didn't even think about hunger! :D Foam rolling does hurt. My chiropractor wanted me to do it and maybe I should have but I didn't do it too often. Mostly because it is so hard for me to get up and down off the floor (mostly because of my weight).

@AmbersWay That's great. I really appreciate you sharing the pictures! Thank you. I'm glad you slept better. Yummy lunch.

@Katmary71 Yes! I was fine. Wow that is hot! Congrats on no ice cream! I hope the meetings go well.

@laurelfit57 Oh man, that's awful to lose your AC during that heat! I hope it comes back on soon. Enjoy your time away.

@19shmoo69 OH GROSS!!! That is not a recipe I would make lol. To each his own, I suppose. :D

@FushiaKat I'm glad you had a nice time on your lunch date. That was nice of your friend to send you the salsas. I like how you balance everything out, great job.

Hi all. I didn't get too hungry yesterday, I was really busy with a complicated project at work I've been managing for the past year. It is 90-95% complete, so I am happy about that. I set a goal to implement it by the end of this year and I am getting it done early, so that's good.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 232 Member
    edited July 24
    @Katmary71 Haha, that's a great song to foam roll, too! :D Well, I hope the farm continues to run smoothly despite the lack of attention it’s being given. Thanks for the link! I’ll check it out. Ephesians is one of my favorite books! :)

@laurelfit57 Uggh, how annoying it is that you keep losing your power! Enjoy your time away. :)

@19shmoo69 Did you mean for that recipe to be funny? Because I would totally eat that stuff! Our church lady makes the best pineapple casserole for our potlucks. I don’t know what's in it, but I LOVE it!! :D

@FushiaKat Yum, how awesome it is to have a friend sending you all that salsa! I’m sure I would love cherry salsa, too. Paul Newman makes a good black bean and corn salsa, but Walmart didn’t have it last week, which ticked me off. Joe and I both have our 6 months dental in August. It’s convenient that we can go together, but I don’t like paying, and this time we will need X-rays. I love that you enjoy your Chinese food and then adjust by eating less to make up for it. This is why you are at such a great weight! :D

@trooworld, the main reason the guy I’m following wants me to do foam rolling is to get up and down from the floor. It’s not easy for me at all, but I do understand the importance of having good mobility as we age. If my mom ended up on the floor, I don’t know if she could get up. Plus, there are huge benefits to foam rolling so I’m going to do it…while swearing a lot! :D It’s always nice when a project keeps us from thinking about food and how nice it is to get done earlier than expected. :)

Good morning! Not much going on today other than the usual workout and doing some housework. I’ve been thinking a lot about how much of a homebody I’ve become since Joe’s dementia has progressed. These days, we mostly only go to church and doctor’s appointments. We tried to eat out for lunch a couple of Sundays ago, but he got so dizzy, and it was so difficult to get him inside and to a table. We used to go all the time and have such a great time. I’m not complaining because life is what it is, and I am very grateful that I don’t have it a lot worse than other caregivers I have read about. I think I will look up some scenic drives we can take once the weather changes. It will be good for us both to get out of our normal routine. Have a good day! :)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 359 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW 164.4
    CW 165.3

I was so tired last and I just splurged, lol... I should not do that the night before I weigh in.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,934 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @AustinRuadhain
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow to @askewcr

I'm going to try to get a nap in before my charity meeting tonight, have a great night and awesome Thursday!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 313 Member
    @TeresaW2024 oh I laughed when you said swearing while doing the foam roller. That’s me when I do the sydney cummings workouts. I look my door so the kids don’t get traumatized by how sailor I can be. 😂

I love the idea of drives. It’s probably one of my favorite get out of the house activities. Especially in the fall.

@19shmoo69 the mayo in pineapple made me cringe a bit. I enjoy some weird cooking concoctions but that just sounds a bit much.

@Katmary71 I so appreciate your posts. You keep busy and it reminds me to get moving.

@trooworld you sure are ahead on that project. That will surely pay off at years end.

@FushiaKat the Chinese sounds great. Glad you fit it in for the day.

Well I finally gave in and had the doctor come. I ended up with some antibiotics, cough syrup and allergy medicine. I am so thankful I didn’t have to go sit in a waiting area to be seen. The doctor came, I didn’t even change from my pjs. He did the usual check up and questions. All for the good price of $20. Now to survive a round of antibiotics. I have probiotics and foods that replace all the good things. Still have a crackly frog voice. Hubby and kids are enjoying all the quiet 🤐😂

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 388 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day:
    Thursday
    PW:257
    CW:255.5
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 553 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146
    CW: 146

@Katmary71 this is my weigh in for Sunday July 28. I know it's early, but I won't be back till Tuesday.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,447 Member
    @TeresaW2024 That's a good point. Good luck with it and swear away! LOL Yes, indeed about the project. A scenic drive sounds like a great idea. I'm sure you have a lot of pretty places around there to visit.

@AmbersWay Yes, I hope it does (I am pushing for a title change/raise, so I think this will help!). I'm so glad you got the doctor to come. Wow, $20! That's great. I hope the antibiotics help and quickly.

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I have been having pain in my lower left leg and I have Comic-Con coming up tomorrow to Sunday. I didn't want to be miserable so I tried to make a doctor's appt but they didn't have anything for 3 weeks. They told me to go to urgent care so that's what I did. The doctor there told me because of my knee pain, I am compensating by the way I walk (I am walking with a limp), which is causing the lower leg pain. He just said to take anti-inflammatories and ice it and use Icy-Hot patches. So, Comic-Con is going to be a real challenge for me. Also yesterday: the power at home went off at 8:30 pm. We were already asleep but woke up when it went off. No AC, no fans, no electricity until 12:30 am. I was so miserable, so hot, and couldn't sleep. It's going to be a rough day today.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 855 Member
    Good morning MS team!

Had a rough couple weeks with my guts. It kind of put me in a funk :( I’m feeling a bit better so I need to get myself back on track.

How do you all manage to keep your eating and activity in check when you’re feeling crummy? When I feel sick I just want to lie down, have hot baths, sleep and eat crap all day long. I think giving in to those comfort measures makes me feel sick longer and turns it into a cycle of terrible choices.

Anyway, I’m ready for a good day. I hope you all have a good day, too!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 232 Member
    @AmbersWay, I am glad that a doctor could see you at your home. Hopefully, the antibiotics will fix you and take care of your cough and allergies. :)

@trooworld Oh, no, your poor leg! Would it help to wear a knee brace? Maybe you can take frequent breaks at Comic-Con and sit and rest. Ugh, losing my power at night is the worst! Were you all having storms? We have been having daily thunderstorms, and I always pray for my power to stay on. :)

@megnolia82 I’m sorry you have been feeling so bad. I do agree that our tendency to turn to junk food to make us feel better ends up not doing that but often making us feel worse. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the willpower to eat healthy foods when sick and see if it would make us feel better quicker? Maybe next time, huh? :)

Good morning! Today is another rainy, humid day. I plan to do my workout and then mop my floors. I also need to give Maggie a good sponge bath. We go to the vet on August 5, and I really hope he will tell us that we can take her to the groomer. She is doing well but still does not use her repaired leg very much to walk on. Hopefully she will start using it since I paid I fortune so she could! Have a good day. :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,665 Member
    @megnolia82 - when I'm feeling crappy, I usually turn to hot tea, my cat, and the couch in the sun room. Sometimes TV. And writing in my journal.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 388 Member
    REVISED!!!!!

askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:257
    CW:254

Woo Hoo!

Let's Go Get It!!!
    B)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @AmbersWay – I hope you’re feeling better by now! Those photos are beyond amazing! I’d not ever heard of the Hagia Sophia before, so I appreciate the history lesson, too! Not sure if you read what happened with my 5 month old grandson, Oliver, but we had an awful scare with him and he’s been diagnosed with Focused Epilepsy. He hates his medicine, but he’s doing much better. Now he just needs to get his appetite fully back and regain the pound he lost.
    @trooworld – I am so sorry your leg is putting a kink into Comic-Con. Maybe they’ll have a complimentary wheel chair you could use at the venue?
    @TeresaW2024 – My 81 year old mother loves when I take her for little drives. Sometimes it’s for 30 minutes just to see the scenery…sometimes it’s for an hour to a fun restaurant to try out and then drive back. I think Joe would enjoy that a lot.
    @megnolia82 – Hang in there. I’m the same way…it’s really tough trying to get back on track when we feel bad.
    @Katmary71 – Other than the frangrances, how are things going with the roomie?
    @txcritter69 – So happy to hear John’s appt was good and he’s cancer free! And now I want some tots LOLs
    @lislisa123 – Love your goal to make it to first place in our group!
    @laurelfit57 – Hope you have a fun weekend getaway!
    @19shmoo69 – That is one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen! Pineapple, mayo and cheese?!? Your kids would probably eat it if they found it on the sidewalk, tho! hahahahaha!
    @FushiaKat – OMGoodness ALL of those salsa flavors sound divine! One of my faves is mango habanero. Love it on a baked sweet ‘tater.
    @askewcr – Woot Woot! Nice loss!

Thank you everyone for thanking my son :) It’s been a rough ride, but wow was it adorable when he called me Sunday evening to ask me what he should wear on his first day at work :)

Thanks everyone for all the congrats on my 20 pounds down – now to keep the momentum going!

Oliver is doing so much better now. Hates his medicine, but we’ve figured out the concoction that gets him to take it – equal dose of medicine and sugar water plus about ¼ cup of Hawaiian Punch. Total is about 1 ounce and he’ll drink it out of his bottle. Such a cute little stinker. A lot of sugar, but much better than him having seizures, that’s for sure.

I want to share my newest tattoo I got on July 3rd. I’ve been wanting a dragonfly for about 20 years now, but just couldn’t ever find the right style to actually do it. Blues, greens and purples make me happy. And my grandchildren top it all off. Super easy to add more grands names as they are created. This is located on the inside of my lower left arm. I love the font of the grands’ names, but it’s super tiny and detailed, so I’ll have to go back in about a month to have it touched up. It’s my second favorite. In case you’re curious, my favorite is the cross on my lower neck that Sydney designed for me. That one is just over 10 years old. Inside the cross is the reference Gal 6:17. Wow, I sure can digress! So here it is:
    uurwo0kpuhgr.jpg
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,665 Member
    My brother went to the ER today, due to recurring symptoms from his fall earlier this month. Just got a message that he is having brain surgery tomorrow 8am. No other details provided. I don't even know what hospital he's in. Prayers appreciated.
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in Reminder for Tomorrow to the Following: @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroehlich @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @micaroo4 Oh no! I'm so sorry 😔 Prayers for your brother going through the surgery and for God to guide the doctor. Hugs!
  • Katmary71
    @laurelfit57 No worries on the weigh-in being early that was easy to log in advance since it's still the same calendar month as the spreadsheet. Oh no the power situation would be stressful! Have a great trip!

@19shmoo69 Yikes what a weird recipe to try, you first!

@FushiaKat Yum that salsa sounds amazing, I love fruity salsa! Did you meet your lunch date friend online? I love using salsa for salad dressing, it's pretty tasty and low calorie.

@trooworld I hate getting up and down off the floor too, it's such a PITA! That's great news your project is almost completed, congrats! Oh no I'm so sorry to hear how much pain you are in, I hope you're still able to go to and enjoy Comic-con. It's frustrating how long everything is taking for you, you're an intelligent woman making decisions to improve your life but all this paperwork is taking forever! Teresa's idea of a knee brace is a good one. Topical massage gels with peppermint, rosemary, and or castor oil can help with inflammation some too.

@TeresaW2024 Funny if I had you on a Zoom call during study I think that group would love it! You have an amazing mindset and attitude. I think scenic drive adventures would be a perfect way to get out. Do you have any drive-in movie theaters near you? Maybe being secure in the car would help Joe with getting not getting dizzy and you could both be comfortable while experiencing something different. Haha I hope Maggie starts using her leg soon too that's funny but also frustrating I'm sorry!

@DrewsAnna Haha you sound like me today at the pain clinic mad that I had dessert and wine last night before a weigh-in!

@AmbersWay Thank you! I'm so glad the doctor was able to come to you, sounds like you're set up to get through antibiotics with as little issues as possible. Feel better!

@megnolia82 I can see where feeling lousy and eating lousy keeps things going longer. I AM good at falling into that but usually am able to tell myself I need to tough out a day or two of eating better so I'll feel better because diet really does affect me a lot pain-wise. I hope you had a very excellend day!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Roommate and I are doing good, we had a very good talk earlier and are seeing eye-to-eye again after I almost threw him out. I think a lot of things I'm taking as rude and disrespectful like leaving the kitchen a mess and waking me up are both him not really knowing what is expected plus he's been malnourished living in the streets and is still getting his health back. Aw I love your son asking you what to wear to work for his first day! Thank goodness Oliver is being good about taking his medicine, definitely no little guy having seizures, medicine is worth it! Just imagining that is terrible I can't imagine how scarred all of you are from that. I absolutely love your tattoo!

@micaroo4 Oh my goodness prayers for your brother how frightening!

Hi team! I'm about to head to bed but wanted to get caught up. Tomorrow's the farm manager's last day then I'm working in the afternoon. My Dad's coming for another roof company and told me last minute so I can't be here which is frustrating, he also waited so late that I didn't have time to straighten up. Have a great Friday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,064 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 176.8
This discussion has been closed.