Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,665 Member
    John is doing MUCH better. They took out the drain and stitched him up. He's showered and shaved. The headache is almost gone, and his appetite is back. They are releasing him tomorrow. Lee (his girlfriend) will stay with him tomorrow night. Catila (his neice) is coming on Wednesday and will stay with him through Saturday. I may go up on Tuesday, depending on how he's doing. He's encouraged to walk, but no bending or lifting. No PT for at least a month. And he has to cancel all his music gigs in August.
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,934 Member
    @txcritter69 I really loved your Spotlight!

@19shmoo69 Aw look at our motivator being awesome, thank YOU! Great job on the baseline test!

@Cornanda Do you usually walk with your husband? I think it's great for couples to walk together I love that.

@txcritter69 @Cornanda How about trying to eat more whole foods/less processed stuff plus some movement each day? Any other ideas? I'm not set on any one thing and open to suggestions. I may do this stretching challenge too: https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLvftKxea83m6_ncM3Rhc4RpTjT0AKRhDL

@txcritter69 I hope you're able to get up and do those walks, those are my sleeping hours too!

@trooworld I'm so sorry ComicCon has been challenging this year, I hope you enjoy the time you do get to spend there today. It's tough I hope next year goes way better for you! I'd lend you one of my walkers if you lived 750 miles closer! I know how disappointing it is when you're feeling betrayed by your body, huge hugs.

Go Mission Slimpossibles on 1st place for Week 4! So awesome way to go team!

@vegan4lyfe2012 @annachangesagain @FoxyMoxie04 Way to go team winners! Amazing job being in the green too team!

@sleepygirl79 You're doing great! The heat definitely makes anything outside challenging this time of year. Keep on tracking it seems like just what you need, keep up the great work!

Hi team! I left my keys in the car after I vacuumed it out and it was dead this morning when I went to leave to go flyer, felt like an idiot! My neighbor has a grandpup who is visiting she takes outside when she smokes and it barks like crazy so I'd cranked music to tune it out and forgot to get my keys after vacuuming. Luckily have AAA, we ended up an hour late but it went well and I had fun. It was the first time I'd hung out alone with our new board member, some of you may remember me getting into it with her at Bow Wow Days last year and ironically the two of us who butted heads with her early on like her the most now. I have some HOA stuff to get moving on, have a great night and awesome Monday! I'm getting a treatment tomorrow at work, Yvonne had said she wanted to “settle” at the end of each week my payment which after not getting paid for my time at the clinic I really admire about her.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Have you watched Abigail? I'm watching it now, it's better than the average horror movie so far!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 198 Member
    z03iqnjf5z1u.jpeg

Anyone else??
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 29
    Good morning,

@micaroo4 I am so glad to see John is doing so much better.

@Katmary I like the eating cleaner idea. I have been researching how to lose belly fat. Eating cleaner is of course the first thing along with strength training. So I am gearing up for Aug to be the month. It's time to lose this belly.

@19shmoo69 Good for you! We all have that base line. You can do this. We all can!

@trooworld John will sometimes go hiking with me. When we first go to state parks he will hike the trail with me the first time then the rest of the time it is just Diesel and I. He has a bit of a hard time with his bad back and now the neuropathy in his feet. So, he will walk it so he knows where I will be if I need him.

Well, Not much to report this morning other than I did not make it to bed on time so I did not get up on time but I am still going to get my day started here in about 15 mins. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,447 Member
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 1st place in July!!! A special shout out goes to @vegan4lyfe2012 for taking down 1st. And I must also mention @annachangesagain and @FoxyMoxie04 for making it onto the leaderboard! Way to go, team!

@Sleepygirl79 Congrats on the loss! The tracking is working. And yes, my goal, too lol.

@txcritter69 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 I'm glad you have someone helping you out. Encouragement coach, I like that! It's good to have goals and good to have a baseline. Great job with the running.

@micaroo4 That's great news! I'm sorry he has to cancel his music gigs but I bet he's back at it in no time.

@Katmary71 I really did. I was able to enjoy it at least for a bit. I hope next year is better as well! It has to be! :D Thanks. Oh bummer about your car being dead. I'm glad you had AAA to help you and that you had fun. That's interesting about the new board member. I guess you never know, right? That's really good that you will get your money each week.

Hi all. We were able to park next to the convention center yesterday so my knee lasted a bit longer, I was able to stay from 9:30 until 12:30. Within that time, we went to a panel and walked in the exhibit hall, buying some things. I had fun and my knee didn't hurt much. Today is back to work. I will call my doctor this morning. Here are some pics:
    1) this was my view from a bench near the convention center while I waited for the convention to open. While I sat there, my husband walked around enjoying the sights.
    2) we played Mad Libs in the Emily the Strange panel.
    3) stormtroopers from Star Wars franchise
    4) a semi-crowded exhibit hall, it actually gets more crowded than this!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

0jp5hxqq9rq1.jpg
    iistq9juwb8b.jpg
    hljo7l79dn89.jpg
    tofn8jnh1ngi.jpg

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 232 Member
    Wahoo to the Slimpossibles for making first place this week!! :star::star::star:

@19shmoo69 Having an encouragement coach could be even better than having a trainer! You have goals and a baseline set. Get after it and crush those goals!!! Thank you for your encouraging words. :)

@micaroo4 I am so glad to read that John is doing so well and will be able to go home. Hopefully, if you follow the doctor’s orders, he will recover fully and return to his life. :)

@Katmary71 Ugh, on locked cars and barking dogs! I’m glad you now like the new board member. It is really nice that Yvonne wants to pay you back for your time at the clinic. :)

@sleepygirl79 My goal is to have one chin…and figure out how to stop my neck from aging! :)

@txcritter69 Thanks for sharing your story! I found it very inspiring. Has your training with Diesel gotten into a better routine? :)

@trooworld I’m glad you had a better time and were able to enjoy yourself. I’m always so jealous that you always have amazing water views. I hope you don’t take that for granted because some of us must drive a long way to see water. I don’t even have a good lake near me. :D

Good morning! It’s a new week and a new chance to crush some goals! I slacked too much last week with a little snack here and there and not doing my self-care challenge like I should have been doing. I’m determined to do much better this week and stay focused on my goals. I had a small success yesterday when I decided we would not go out to eat after church. Instead, I came home, had my usual lunch, and felt proud. Plus, I saved at least $50! Have a great day! :)
  • Karlo7428
    Karlo7428 Posts: 24 Member
    Hello,

@Katmary71,

Please move my Wednesday weigh ins to Friday weigh ins, thank you.
  • Karlo7428
    Karlo7428 Posts: 24 Member
    Hello,

@trooworld,

Thank you, I have achieved my first milestone z30y6dqjm3yr.png
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain
    Reminder for tomorrow's weigh in: @FushiaKat
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 855 Member
    Megnolia82 weigh in July 28 (late)

CW: 213

I went away this week for a few days. We ate out a couple times but I walked more than 20,000 steps a day so I feel like I got myself on a good activity streak. I’m feeling good about my activity - this morning I got up and did 10k on my bike then did some weight work.

Now to keep ip the momentum!
  • micaroo4
    Good morning Slims!
    It's a rainy day here so far this morning. I've been way off from my usual healthy routines, much of which was due to worry about my brother. He's on the mend, but I'm struggling to get back to normal. My sleep is way, way off. I don't sleep very well under normal circumstances, so it takes a while to get back into my normal rhythm, which isn't really very good but it's better than how I'm doing right now. I've still managed to get my steps, but as usual, I tossed the stretching out the window. I'll have to get that back into my schedule.

The team has posted some nice losses - congratulations to all who contributed to that! Nice job!

-Mica
  • trooworld
    @Karlo7428 Way to go, that's fabulous!
    ncragnpczos4.png
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 Me too! Oh the water is pretty. Even though I live about 10-15 mins from the water, I hardly ever go there. During the summer, it's too crowded. During the winter, I don't know, I just don't think about it. I guess I do kind of take it for granted! That sucks that you don't even have a lake nearby. That's great you didn't eat out after church, I'm sure that's your routine so way to go! And yay for saving money!

@megnolia82 I hope you had fun on your mini vacation. That's a great step count! And awesome that you came home and continued your activity streak!

Hi all. I called my doctor's office and they insisted I go either the ER or urgent care to be checked for a blood clot. I thought that was ridiculous but I went back to the urgent care anyway. They also didn't think I had a blood clot but they did think my cartilage is wearing thin on that knee and the pain is either from that, from arthritis, or from a tear in my meniscus. They didn't do any imaging, just looked at an x-ray from a year ago, and just said well, regardless, this should help and gave me 2 prescriptions. If in a month, my knee isn't better, I may need to see an orthopedic doctor. But at least I went and got something for it. So far, the prescription I did take didn't seem to have much effect. We ordered delivery from Sam's Club: easy meals because we both need a break from cooking.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Good morning,

@trooworld My daughters boys are going to Comic-Con this coming up weekend. I like the pic of the stormtroopers.

@TeresaW2024 Yes Diesel and I are getting it together. We are working on his heel and sitting with morning walks and then we work on place and down while I am doing whatever around the house. That is great that you chose to go home to eat and saved $50. I was bad last night and we went to Whataburger and I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries. But I am back on track this morning.

@micaroo4 I hope you are able to get yourself back on track with your routine. It is rough when things are not going as planned.

@Karlo428 Congrats on your first milestone. Keep up the great work.

@megnolia82 Wow, 20,000 steps a day. Great job!

Well, It is rough when things are not going as planned. This weeks goal has not been as successful as would have liked. Not once have I made it to bed on time and then Whataburger. Today I put my foot down. I am back on track.
    I have a dental cleaning this morning so Diesels training will be a little off track but I think it will be ok. He will be hanging out with dear ol' dad.😂 Then We will do a few small training sessions throughout the day. While I knock out my steps.
    Have A great day!🌞
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited July 30
    I know it's not Thursday but I'm gonna throw out a question. How important is it to log your meals daily? My encouragement coach has me doing it. She even texted me last night and asked if I had logged anything for the day. I think today is day four. There may be no feed but there is a way to see friend's diary logs if it's not set to private. That's how she keeps up with me.

So please share your thoughts.
  • micaroo4
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I know it's not Thursday but I'm gonna throw out a question. How important is it to log your meals daily? My encouragement coach has me doing it. She even texted me last night and asked if I had logged anything for the day. I think today is day four. There may be no feed but there is a way to see friend's diary logs if it's not set to private. That's how she keeps up with me.

So please share your thoughts.

I logged my food everyday. That's how I got to my goal weight, and that's how I maintain. Without some kind of data you can't evaluate what changes may be effective. Logging is honesty. Logging is another way of looking in the mirror. IMHO

-Mica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,754 Member
    New group chat is open ...Please head on over and reintroduce yourself. But keep weighing in here for July
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920919/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-august-2024#latest
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 536 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 30 of 52

PW: 137.5
    CW: 137.8

Not much to report here. It's hot so I'm staying in the house and trying to catch up on stuff. A new contest is starting on my game on Friday, Sandcastle. Not my favorite contest, so hard to come up with new stuff. I got a new CPAP Mask, and I slept thru the night until 5am this morning, its comfortable, and hopefully won't make marks on my face like my other one. I've been waking up 3 to 4 times a night. Hopefully the new mask will make a difference. It fits my face better. My face changed shape after I lost the weight, and my mask no longer fits well so I needed to find a better one. Masks are expensive the new one cost $155 but it's worth it if I sleep better.

I log all my food, it's a tool for me to gauge what I'm eating so I can make adjustments before my weight gets out of control. It is so easy to overeat, I sit down each morning and decide what I will eat for the day, then I print it out and take it to the kitchen with me.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    What is your favorite exercise/workout?

Zumba and Aqua classes
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @AustinRudhain
    Reminder for tomorrow's weigh in: @DrewsAnna

I forgot the question this morning, had also forgot to water at the greenhouse too so I went late, thankfully everything was still alive.

QUESTION WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING YOU WERE AFRAID OF?
This discussion has been closed.