Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 264.4
    CW - 263.2
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 860 Member
    What is your favorite exercise/workout?

The easiest one. Walking. 😆

However, this disgusting heat is making it more of a challenge and less desirable recently. 🥵
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 119 Member
    Weigh in Day- Saturday
    PW- 256.4
    CW- 256.4
  • Karlo7428
    Karlo7428 Posts: 24 Member
    I will post my weight below

Weigh In Day:Wednesday

Starting Weight:314lbs
    Current Weight:311lbs
    Goal Weight: 240lbs

July 3rd:314lbs
    July 10th:311lbs
    July 17th:309.3lbs
    July 24th:309.lbs
    July 31st:

August 7th:
    August 14th:
    August 21st:
    August 28th:
    August 30th:

September 4th:
    September 11th:
    September 18th:
    September 25th:

October 2nd:
    October 9th:
    October 16th:
    October 23rd:
    October 30th:

November 6th:
    November 13th:
    November 20th:
    November 27th:

December 4th:
    December 11th:
    December 18th:
    December 25th:
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Question: What is your favorite exercise/workout?
    The workout I do most often, and most consistently, is Walking.
    The workout I enjoy the most is Bicycling.
    The workout that benefits me the most is Strength Training.
    The workout that I need the most is Stretching and/or Yoga.

I saw John at the hospital. He thinks they're going to let him go tomorrow but I think: no way. He should have said NO to all visitors today. Even me. When someone's in the room with him, he feels like he has to converse and entertain. And it's all too much for him. What he really needs to do is sleep. He's got a bad headache and nausea, but he's his own worst enemy. No sooner was I out the door, he was texting again. I'm sure the phone usage isn't helping the headache.
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,934 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW:
    @AustinRuadhain @tammymccrady6278
    Reminder To Weigh in Tomorrow to the Following: @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @laurelfit57

@Karlo7428 I have you weighing in on the spreadsheet on Fridays but I *do* think we requested to have you switched to Wednesdays, is that an easier day to weigh in for you? If so I'll request it to be moved from Fridays.
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld I think you WILL be hiking again when you're on the other side of surgery. Oh Chris I'm so sorry to hear how things went, that's so frustrating! Such cool photos that would be so fun to go to!

@TeresaW2024 Woohoo for sore muscles, they're always kind of a twisted reward for pushing ourselves not to be confused with actually hurting something! Sounds like we're all having cooler days, it's in the 80s instead of triple digits today, I'm loving it! I hope the VBS event goes well!

@txcritter69 Thank you for the casserole recipe I definitely have to try that soon! I sent it to my neighbor to check out too (she's who I'd make it for as I went there for hers). How are you enjoying the weights? I wish I'd started weights earlier, at least for me it's the fastest I've seen results. Oh no poor Diesel, I hope he improves with the crate. My brother's dog is pretty good about going in hers but they started it early with her.

@micaroo4 I hope things settle down for John soon, please tell him he's there healing and if he's not up to long visits to please say so! I'd think right after surgery there's extra pressure/inflammation causing confusion and things will improve. How far is he from you, are you planning to go see him? I'm sure you quietly sitting or even reminding him he IS doing well and cheering him on would help a lot plus another person hearing doctor instructions is always helpful. For me as the hospital patient I always feel like I have to reassure everyone I'm ok so the more nervous and worried they are the more stressed I am (good example is my neighbor came after my surgery and I was in a lot of pain so the extra energy to stay calm and friendly was exhausting though I appreciated her visit). My Mom is most likely to come in, say hi, and bury her nose in a book which is easier to deal with plus she's not very mushy or motherly (my brother and I are more used to being ignored for books sadly!). I know you're really worried and hope he's feeling better soon, you're a great sister. Just saw you went to see him, I'm glad you went, even if you feel it didn't go well he knows he's not alone. In person visits vs texting take a lot more energy, I agree with you though about the phone not being great for his headache. The distraction part of it is probably helping him from worrying. Recovering from head injuries and surgery seems to take awhile and really throws off emotions and how we process information, I hope the surgery was successful and he's getting the assistance he needs in the hospital and afterward.

Hi friends! Not getting as much done as planned as I'm worn out, I went and picked up flyers for tomorrow morning and got my produce box from the farm, I got 2 bunches of basil so time for more pesto and drying! I'm going to finish my book today, vacuum out my car, and get some time in the yard and hopefully get some HOA stuff done. I usually don't have a lot of HOA stuff and am getting a year's worth at once so I'm a bit stressed! I got my roommate some work with the nutritionist I see, I'd given him some packets of the vitamin drink we use as he wasn't feeling well and sleeping a lot and had told her how much more energy he has since he started using it again and she asked if he had time she'd love to swap the drink for some help moving things. He had orientation at his new job this morning so he's headed in the right direction! The nutritionist had asked me for my hours this last week and wants to reimburse me weekly which I really appreciate after what happened with the clinic. We have some fun plans coming up that I'm looking forward to like newsletters and specials.

Anyone want to crack down for a Slay the end of Summer challenge? I currently have ice cream in the freezer and bread, I've decided August I'm going down a few lbs by cracking down and would love to team up if any of you are interested. We could start on the 1st, for me it will be cleaner eating and I need to streamline my workouts more. What do you think? Have a great night and Sunday!
  • Katmary71
    edited July 27
    MEMBER SPOTLIGHT ON Our txcritter69! Thank you!

What about your current approach to weight loss helped in your success?

Right now, I am working on the protein approach. In my reading I have learned that you should eat in grams of protein what you want to weigh in pounds a day so for me I want to weigh 135 so I should be consuming 135 gms of protein. I do still watch my calorie intake so protein has to be the focus of my calories then veggies and good carbs.
    What brought you to My Fitness Pal?
    I joined MFP in March in 2014 a year after my heart attack and I had quit smoking. My weight was climbing due to changes in my eating habit as food began to taste better. I did manage to lose some of the weight but then life happened again and I gained it all back and then some. In August of 2017 I hit my all time high of 186. It was time to do something about it.

What strategies to losing weight helped you on a daily basis? Long-term basis?
    For me, I would have to say using a fitbit and keeping up with my step count of 7k a day or more and I have also recently been using toning exercises. I am starting to track again and have stopped the extra snacking after 8 pm. Most nights I don't even want that evening snack. If I do, it is the mini popcorn 100 calories bag.

What was your (eating/exercise/mental health) plan for weight loss and maintenance?
    I am on a low sodium, low cholesterol diet suggested by my Cardiologist. Exercise is walking, hiking, toning and stretching daily. I have recently found joy in cooking which helps me with mental health. Finding recipes and trying them out has been so much fun the last 4 months. I have a cookbook binder that I save all the ones we like for future use.

How has it changed? How has your approach to maintenance been different from with weight loss?

I am not in maintenance mode yet. But, I see it as not much different than weight loss. This is not a get to the finish line and you're done. It is making long life changes and sticking to them.

What things about you changed that you weren't expecting with weight loss?
    As the weight comes off and stays off I find that I am getting more confident in myself that I can do this. I have also discovered I desire more structure. Such as, sleep times and organization in the house.

What tips have you discovered that you would like to share with others?
    Choosing a healthier eating lifestyle is most important. "You can not outrun a bad diet." Find what makes you happy and enjoy LIFE. Get off the couch.

What advice would you have for yourself when you were just starting out?
    Yo-Yo diets don't work. I have an addictive personality and therefore, found that I have been addicted to dieting. I have tried many diets that did not work for me. Find a lifestyle that works for you and stick to it. Stay away from burger joints. 😂

What is something you discovered you love that you wouldn't have known about if you hadn't taken charge of your health?
    I love being outdoors. Hiking is so relaxing for my mind. I love going to different walking/hiking trails. I enjoy eating at home more, Eating out is not a 4 times a week thing. I love creating recipes for John and I that we would eat at steakhouses or fancy restaurants.

What did this amazing accomplishment teach you about yourself?
    I am still a work in progress, but no matter how many times I stumble or fall, I get back up and keep trying.

1st picture is of my heart attack and where the stent was placed
    2nd one is me at 186
    3rd is me at the present
    0bu5g6shzb5x.jpg
    pyqurdgc9hj4.jpg
    kaajknrgfy5v.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,382 Member
    The July Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 28th and will run through next Saturday, Aug 3rd. Please join us for the 7 Day Lose Belly Fat Challenge! Below is your link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920757/july-week-5-group-challenge-7-day-lose-belly-fat-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,248 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 253
    C. W. 253
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,064 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Hey You!!! Yeah!! You!! The person in Team Mission Slimpossible!!!
    When was the last time someone said you are amazing??

It doesn't matter because I'm telling YOU now!!!!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
    YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!

LOVE THIS!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,064 Member
    @Katmary71 - wow, you are so busy lately. You do so many awesome things. I'm up for a summer challenge

@trooworld - I'm so sorry about your knee. I hope you are able to do Comic Con today.

@txcritter69 - thanks for sharing your story. It is inspiring and nice to get to know you better.

@TeresaW2024 - you are always striving for your health and to keep going on your plan. Admirable! I also hope Maggie is feeling better soon.

@micaroo4 - I hope your brother is better today. It sounds like he needs you to remind him that rest is good for healing. Sometimes we don't know what's best for us and need a trusted person to point us in the right direction.

The two exercises I like the best are walking and step aerobics. Walking relaxes me, and I love being outside. I love walking and talking with my husband. Step- Learning the routine for the step workout keeps my mind off "how much time is left". I hope to be able to do both activities again soon. This injury has notified me that I need to put more time into mobility workouts. I've meant to add them, but never seem to get around to it.

Lisa
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Good morning,

@Katmary71 I am up for a good challenge. That maybe what I need to get me focused again.

@19shmoo69 Thank you and you are too!

@micaroo4 Continuing to keep John in my prayers.

Not much going on here. I have been a little on the lazy side of things the last few days. I am going to try and dig deep inside and pull out a good week for the end of the month. This week I want to focus on being early to bed, early to rise. I would like to be in bed around 9:30 and be up at 5:30.
    Our weather has been really different this summer. It has been very mild so far, with August around the corner and usually our hottest month getting up early and out the door for walks is what I will be pushing for.

I do want to knock out my steps this morning to start this week off right so have a wonderful Sunday.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,447 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Thanks! Ha that would have been a weird coincidence! I always loved sore muscles, too, it makes me feel like I did the work lol. I hope you enjoyed the event at church. That would be nice to have a cooler fall.

@Digger61 @Bethanie0825 @Karlo7428 Congrats on the losses!

@txcritter69 Thank you! I'm sorry Diesel isn't seeing his crate as a safe place. I hope the trainer can give you some suggestions. Thank you for participating in the member spotlight, it was fun to get to know more about you! I love that you have a cookbook binder and like to cook. Great advice! Do you hike on your own or with John or ??? I also love recreating restaurant meals. I love the pic of you and Diesel! You look great!

@micaroo4 I'm sorry things aren't going well for John. I hope it's just temporary.

@Katmary71 I hope so! Thank you, it's such a fun event, it's like my Christmas and I'm so sad that I am having to miss out. :( I hope you get your stuff done so you can relax. That's good your roommate is headed in the right direction.

@Cornanda Thank you. More on it below.

Hi all. Yesterday was no better, the Tylenol didn't make any difference. I also found a knee brace that fit and that didn't help either. If anything, my knee was worse: it started hurting after about an hour and we only stayed 2 hours (most of which I was sitting down resting it). I'm calling my doctor tomorrow. Luckily, the garage we have a reservation at today is right next door to the convention center. We will just go to the exhibit hall and buy a few things and leave. Hopefully next year is much better!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,071 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    s54f5rvczcnl.png
    hyt4obcv705q.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ztsteedok14z.png

By Pounds
    k490ubuis6t6.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    0t6n6vzetyfp.png

By Pounds
    alqf70y2y00y.png

Honorable Mentions
    s6wxhqazlggv.png

Team Winners
    rmelzjujysl6.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    495gp774a92h.png

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 198 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:228.4
    CW: 227.6

Well tracked solid for 3-4 days which is a start, helped get me down a pound. Tried to run a bit more on the days the heat wasn’t cooking us from the inside. Will do my best to keep tracking. That’s what seems to work for me. Ps. Love the member spotlight feature!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: July 28
    SW 175
    PW 169.5
    CW 169.2
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,248 Member
    I can't remember if I said my daughter in law was my trainer but I spoke out of turn. She let me know that she is not. Trainers are educated and certified. She's just helping me by sharing her knowledge. So I now call her my encouragement coach.
    We had discussed what were my goals. Huh, goals? Do I have goals. After much thought, turns out I do. In 1988 I joined the Army. To pass basic training I had to do 32 pushups in two minutes, 42 situps in two minutes and run two miles in 16:54 minutes. I did not pass. My goal is to be able to "pass" it. Today I did the baseline test. Today I did
    Push ups - 5
    Sit ups - 8
    2 mile time - 31:38
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the Following: @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain
This discussion has been closed.