Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

1151617181921»

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,924 Member
    QUESTION ANSWER: The last time I did something I was afraid of was Sunday. After being on a crazy amount of meds isolated at home for over 2 decades I cold turkeyed everything including a benzodiazapene I was using for the side effect of helping nerve burning pain but holy cow after 20 years on it I had crazy anxiety! I couldn't go through a check-out line without having a panic attack at talking to the cashier/baggers and would have them driving, I honestly had them working out and even looking in the mirror or at any slightly stressful time. So last Sunday I went flyering at a market. I'm awful at talking to strangers and making small talk but I would NOT have been able to do that 7 years ago when I was forcing myself to desensitize myself to talk to strangers by going through a check-out lane with one item every day or drive a road I was having panic attacks on to get over my anxiety. I still get tongue-tied but I'm not shaking like a leaf like I used to.

@sleepygirl79 I'd love just one chin!

@TeresaW2024 That's a great savings money and calorie-wise, wtg!

@Karlo7428 Congratulations on your first milestone! I requested your move yesterday, thanks for getting back to me.

@megnolia82 Wow that's serious steppin! You're doing great!

@micaroo4 I hope you're able to get some better sleep life is challenging when one's exhausted.

@trooworld Your photos look like you had a great time despite your knee, I'm glad you were able to have fun. Can you take steroids for your knee? Maybe that would get the inflammation down? Good long-term plan I just hope you're in less pain soon. I wish you lived nearby I'd be experimenting with my micro current machine on your knee!

@txcritter69 Glad to hear you being back on track! I'm with you on cleaner eating let's do that!

Logging daily: Logging shows you what you're eating and nutrients you're getting in black and white, I think it's very helpful and for me needed for the most part. I DO do better when I'm logging and need to get back to doing it regularly again. Wouldn't have thought losing the feed would throw me off track so much!

@FushiaKat I hope the new mask will help you sleep better too! Hey that's an awesome NSV to need a smaller mask!

Hi friends! Had a real late day yesterday Bible study had gone 30 minutes over which I hadn't seen in the email so I came home, took a bath, and went to bed. Today was my allergy shot, picking up meds, grocery store for a melon, then I did Starbucks buy 1 get 1 free and have a Nitro coldbrew (5 cals) for the morning tomorrow though I got a brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso today for myself. I remembered at 3PM I was supposed to water at the greenhouse and flew there, thank goodness everything was still alive! Made burgers for dinner. I'm polishing off the last of my ice cream to start fresh on the 1st. I had an AOC Scan, it's pretty interesting it rates the frequencies in your body and then tries to balance them and shows a before and after scan that covers all the arteries, organs, bones, ligaments, etc as well as Chinese meridians. You need it done a few times to get a baseline as for when something is a permanent issue that needs to be worked on. My kidney with the stone has flagged both times. It's hard to explain but here's one place's description of it: https://michiganhealthandwellness.com/ao-scan-digital-health-analysis/ Time to hop in the tub have a great night and wonderful Wednesday! It's my first time working with the new manager tomorrow, we've been texting about the greenhouse and I like her attitude so far even though I'll miss Jesse a lot.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,627 Member
    QUESTION WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING YOU WERE AFRAID OF?
    Saturday. I drove to Portland to visit my brother in the hospital, which is right downtown in the city. Long drive, which doesn't scare me, but Portland is a big city and I don't like cities. Construction. Detours. Homeless people in the parking lot of the hospital. Not that fond of hospitals either. I wasn't like shaking in my boots afraid, but certainly a bit anxious.

Next 2 days is end of month and inventory at work. I will be putting in a lot of hours and may not be able to chat. Tonight I work late, and tomorrow morning I go in at 4:00 am.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited July 31
    @katmary71- your ideas for the challenge are good. I'm always excited about a challenge, but then I have to think up something, and I take so long thinking up something that I miss a week of the challenge. How weird is that? I guess the important part is reporting to each other how we are doing. I do walk with my husband- sometimes. And Gus- sometimes. My husband also runs- then I walk by myself.

@19shmoo69 - what if you had to log all that pickle dip? Sometimes logging is eye opening, even though it is a pain in the behind. I like your challenge for yourself. Keep us updated on how it's going.

@micaroo4 - I'm sorry, this seems rude, but you are so disciplined and such a good maintainiac, that it's interesting to hear that stress messes you up too. It sounds like just a blip and I know you will be back at it soon. I'm glad your brother is doing better.

I have PT today. I'm hoping to hear when I can start to try walking and stepping again, although I suspect it still might be too early. I am making progress and I have to remember that.

Lisa
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 312 Member
    WI Monday sorry I am late
    PW 214.2
    CW 214.2

I was hoping for a loss, and to stay right at the same is a surprise. Not up or down is fine.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 356 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW 165.3
    CW 166

The struggle is real! This is a new high. Time to start logging my food and making healthier choices.

I went to Zumba last night. It was only the leader and me. She knows I have terrible feet problems. So, after class, she prayed for my feet. This morning my feet felt a lot better. Nobody has ever done that before. People always say "I'll pray for you", but she did it, right then and right there. That really touched in a way that can't explain.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 312 Member
    @DrewsAnna what a beautiful supportive instructor.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,052 Member
    The August habit tracker is now posted. If you would like to track your goals for next month, head on over!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10921007/habit-tracker-august-2024#latest
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,235 Member
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    It's Saturday morning. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 388 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:255.5
    CW:

Let's go get it! B)
  • micaroo4
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

Feed the cat. I think that's always what I do first, no matter what day it is.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,204 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 7/28
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 197.0

UGH
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 278 Member
    My morning routine is the same every morning. Turn on the coffee maker, let the dog and cat out, make coffee and then hangout reading everyone's posts.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,485 Member
    bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 263.2
    CW - 259.2
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 854 Member
    Username: Lislisa123
    Weigh-in day: Fridays
    PW: 312.8lbs
    CW: 316.2lbs

Ate bad last night and gained lots of water weight unfortunately. 🤦‍♀️
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 24 Member
    Maryirisfroehlich
    PW: 206.2
    CW: 206.3
  • micaroo4
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.8
    CW: 127.8

My maintenance range is 127-133; I'm within my range.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,919 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 207
    Today’s Weight: 209
  • Karlo7428
    Karlo7428 Posts: 24 Member
    I will post my weight below

Weigh In Day:Friday

Starting Weight:314lbs
    Current Weight:311lbs
    Goal Weight: 240lbs

July 3rd:314lbs
    July 10th:311lbs
    July 17th:309.3lbs
    July 24th:309.lbs
    July 31st:

August 7th:
    August 14th:
    August 21st:
    August 28th:
    August 30th:

September 4th:
    September 11th:
    September 18th:
    September 25th:

October 2nd:
    October 9th:
    October 16th:
    October 23rd:
    October 30th:

November 6th:
    November 13th:
    November 20th:
    November 27th:

December 4th:
    December 11th:
    December 18th:
    December 25th:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,052 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 183.8
    CW 187.1

Good morning all. I missed last weeks weigh in so I do hope I am still a part of this. I was sicker than all get out and did nothing but sleep. Let me know if I am still a part of the challenge.

So it is August already. I can’t believe how fast this summer is going. And how hot it has been here in Ontario Canada. Crazy humidity.

Well as everyone knows my name is Tammy. I am 56 yrs old and have 2 sons and 2 grandchildren. Abi is coming up 9 and Levi will be 4 in October. I was raised on a farm by my grandparents and even though I live is a town now I am and will always be a country girl at heart. I love to bake, do preserves, jams, pickles, and all that old fashioned stuff. I crochet though mostly in the winter. I love my flowers indoors and out. I am a Personal Support Worker and have been for over 14 years and absolutely love what I do. The elderly population are so very rich in our history and have so many life experiences to share. Even with dementia they manage to give back all the time. I wouldn’t change my profession for anything.

I’m off today as I have a family bbq we are hosting. Having ribs, Mac salad,marshmallow salad, rolls, apple pie and ice cream…..

Hope you all have a great day…stay hydrated and cool…..

Found this in a different area. Moving it here!
This discussion has been closed.