Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 232 Member

@txcritter69 I hope all goes well with John’s scan. Is it getting easier with Diesel and finding a schedule that doesn’t take up all your time? :)

@trooworld Ugh I would have hated to have to wait so long to get my tire replaced. You are getting in a lot of walking lately. How are your feet holding up? :)

@AmbersWay wow what incredible pictures of the Cisterna Basilica! How nice you were able to have fun with your friend. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Good morning! I woke up determined to get back on my self-care plan. Today, I will exercise and avoid all snacks! Joe and I have a Zoom meeting with the lady who manages our investments. I don’t know why we need to meet when all I’m going to tell her is to keep on making us money! Because after paying Maggie’s surgery bill, I need more money. :D Have a good day!

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 313 Member
    @TeresaW2024 have a great day on track. I am trying to log and prepare for tomorrow. I hope you keep making money on your investments. 🎉

@trooworld I may do some shades of burgundy highlights to start out. I will look for my inspo pick. Then work up to some wild colors. My hair is dark brown and I have green eyes, so I want colors that won’t wash me out or highlight my red cheeks when they have sun.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Feeling emotional today...8 long, hard, proud, tearful, amazing years. I've seen my son grow, learn, mature, get married, have a daughter...and today he embarks on his first civilian job as a Navy Veteran. This has been one wild ride...can't wait to see where he goes from here!
    zgjdiufp22ev.jpg
  • AmbersWay
    Just some more tourist pics. I love historical stuff.

Hagia Sophia built in the 6th century. It is known as the largest church in the Christendom.

In 1204, the Fourth Crusade came galloping into Constantinople. The crusaders ransacked the Hagia Sophia, desecrated it, then declared it a Roman Catholic cathedral instead of an Eastern Orthodox one. In 1261, the Hagia Sophia returned to the Eastern Orthodox Church. Then in the 1400’s it was turned into a mosque. Then more a tourist attraction. Now a mosque again and tourist site, with a prayer area remaining from the larger part open for touring and it is open to everyone to visit. It’s impressive to see how both religions are represented still. They are currently starting renovations. The roof seems to be first. I can’t wait to see the restoration on all the historical art within. So far, places I have visited past and present, that have been restored has been done beautifully and sensitively to all religions.

The mansion in the photos is where we stayed and were able to get the whole place to ourselves. It is the old Ottoman guest mansions. The hilton is “renting” them from the govt. They did restorations/upgrades and now open for people to stay. So you can see we had the old city wall behind us and the Hagia Sophia wall outside our door. It was an amazing stay.

zotoowmab37v.jpeg
    p91svkh3v9ia.jpeg
    1wia1bhzni37.jpeg
    olgpykjpq3ax.jpeg
    g5flmidmz3od.jpeg
    z3znuh68pkz7.jpeg
    199vqwbqa15o.jpeg
    r7m0gydt7vo7.jpeg
    vbpl9dt89blf.jpeg
    o80jcymks45t.jpeg
    7tuzd51mvgea.jpeg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 855 Member
    Sunday weigh in July 21 (sorry I’m a day late!)

PW: 210.8
    CW: 212
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,934 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @laurelfit57 @AustinRuadhain
    Tomorrow Weigh In Reminder to the following: @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    @AmbersWay Hoping you're all better soon! That's awesome your family checks with you first before buying things, my roommate is a heavy fragrance person and it's frustrating but I feel like a PITA asking him to buy fragrance-free detergent. Love the photos, thank you for sharing them and all the historical information!

@trooworld Yum sounds like a tasty meal at work enjoy it and just get back to it tomorrow!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love it 20lbs down and in ONEderland! Congratulations to you and your son!

@TeresaW2024 Good luck with the self-care plan today, you got this!

Hi team! Just finished my first day working at the spa with the nutritionist, it went well and we got a lot done but I'm beat! The current food bank farm manager is leaving at the end of the week, I'll really miss him he was great to work with. I went this morning before work and helped out. I have the women's Bible Study group in a bit and have to get some stuff done first, have a great night and awesome Tuesday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 553 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 144
    CW: 146

+2

Sorry I am late @Katmary71
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,447 Member
    @TeresaW2024 I did hate it! Ugh it was awful lol. My feet are holding up okay but my knee has been bothering me (I have arthritis in it). I'm hoping once I have the surgery, the pain will lessen. Cutting out snacks is a great idea (so is exercising!). I hope the Zoom meeting went okay.

@AmbersWay Oh that sounds nice. :) I've heard of the Hagia Sophia. I didn't know it was built in the 6th century, that's amazing! Can women go into all areas of it? That is an amazing place. And the mansion you stayed in, wow! Thanks for sharing. I hope you share more pics from Turkey!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank your son for his service! Congrats on 8 years and welcome to the civilian world to him!

@Katmary71 Yes I did enjoy it thanks. Congrats on your first day! Too bad about the food bank farm manager. I hope you enjoyed Bible study.

Hi all. Not much to report. We had our lunch at work and it went as expected. I did not eat dinner so that I could negate some of the calories. Hopefully I won't be extra hungry today because I skipped dinner.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Good morning,

@trooworld When I was dying my hair I went with the pinks and purples as well due to the fading process. I to have not been doing so hot with my food choices here lately. So today I am going to get it together.

@TeresaW2024 Johns scan was good. Diesel and I are starting a new training schedule this week. I need to find time in the morning for me to do a toning workout.

@AmbersWay Have fun playing with colors in your hair. I did for years. I lost interest when my mother past and let it grow out to it natural color. I have been tossing the idea again to dye it but just not sure yet. Your pictures are awesome. I love seeing these type of photos. I know I will never see these wonderful places in the world so thank you for bringing them to life. I hope you are feeling better.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I do understand the emotional ride we take watching our children embark on new life decisions. The feeling of accomplishment can be overwhelming.

@Katmary71 I am glad everything went well for your first day at the spa. I am sorry you are losing your current manager at the food bank. I hope the one that replaces them is just as good or better.

Well as stated above John appt with oncology went great. He is 2 yrs. cancer free. We are having one of the craziest summers. It rained here yesterday for most of the day so Diesel and I took the day off. And OFF it was. I am back on track this morning. Back to focusing on the goal in front of me. Today is some full body toning and training with Diesel along with laundry. Taco tater tots casserole is what's for dinner. Time to start my day.

Have a wonderful Tuesday
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 232 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations on making Onderland!! Just keep up doing what you know is working. :) How awesome that you have such an awesome son who you are so close to and get to enjoy each milestone in his lfe. Thank him for his service to us! :)

@AmbersWay Love the pics of the Hagia Sophia! What an incredible experience to be able to view such history in person. I would love to go there!! And that room you stayed in is gorgeous. Definitely my idea of traveling in comfort! :)

@Katmary71, I’m glad your new job is going well. It's a bummer about losing your farm manager. Do you like the person taking his place? What are you studying in your Bible study group? :)

@trooworld Don’t you sometimes wish there would never be another food event to throw us off track? Good going, not eating dinner to counter the calories. Remember that hunger is temporary. Go drink some water! :)

Good morning! Today, I will work out and foam rolling today. I have to say that foam rolling is the most painful thing I’ve ever done but supposedly the benefits are so good that I’m determined to stick with it. Joe just woke up so I’ve got to go. Have a good day! :)
  • AmbersWay
    @trooworld yes women are able to go in anywhere. We explored and enjoyed. I took a ton of pictures but don’t want to overload the group. They do have disposable poncho for any ladies entering the muslim prayer area. I think if the gal is wearing mini type clothes. Most didn’t need it at the blue mosque, so I assume it’s the same.
    I hope your day goes well.

@txcritter69 I have been blessed to marry a guy who grew up traveling. He’s a military kid. So it’s in his blood. He wants to go go go. I had never traveled abroad until I was married. I will share some other photos later. I have seen some amazing historical places here.
    The older I get I feel I need to spice things up. I figure hair color, wild clothes and attitude will do it. 😂

@TeresaW2024 I was reading and was just about to ask about the foam and pain. My eldest taught my youngest to use it after ballet practice. She said it helped tremendously but was painful to get used to.
    We got lucky with our accommodations. Booking.com upgraded me because my level. Then the hotel upgraded us again. That happened where ever we stayed. I got lucky which was great because I was playing tourguide for my friend.

Well today has been better. Still coughing but slept much better. Got some house work done and made lunch. Lamb chops and cheesy mash potatoes. I had a small Serving of potatoes. Family is happy.

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 860 Member
    Yay, 3rd place in the group this week. I had second and third, now I have to work my way up to first. lol. Congrats to first and second-place group winners: @AmbersWay @laurelfit57
  • AmbersWay
    @lislisa123 congrats to you both too! 🎉

• Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW: @AustinRuadhain @FushiaKat
    Weigh in Reminder for tomorrow to the following: @DrewsAnna
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld Thanks! I hope you're not extra hungry too it's always tough skipping meals even if you ate a lot earlier.

@txcritter69 Thank you! I'm so glad John's appointment went well. You have to share the casserole recipe! I went to my neighbor's house last week for tater tot hamburger casserole so I'm super curious! I always forget how much I love potatoes (or tots) when I have them.

@TeresaW2024 Foam rolling is interesting, I started listening to John Mellencamp's Hurts So Good when I foam roll for obvious reasons! There's some great foam rolling videos on YouTube, I got my roller in the 90s when it wasn't a “thing” after my back surgery and I'm happy so many stretches and exercises are able to be done on them aside of just stretching my back out. We don't know the person taking the manager's place, the volunteers are meeting with the head of the organization that runs the food bank and farm tomorrow and we have never had a meeting before if that tells you how much attention has been paid to the farm part of things. We're studying Ephisians 1, the study book the teacher wrote for it is called “Too Good To Be True? The Gospel of Grace”. Here's a link to her podcast and you can check her out and the store and what she does, I think it's a great opportunity for the practitioner I'm with and I'll get to learn a lot too both about alternative health, religion, plus she does a lot of great volunteer work (the charity I'm with keeps religion out of what we do so not sure about combining the two but I do really admire her work). https://www.lastministry.org/grace-at-last-podcast
    Heck with the podcast you can take it with me!

@AmbersWay So glad you're starting to feel a little better and got some rest! Dinner sounds yummy!

@lisalisa123 I think you'll be rocking 1st place real soon!

Hi friends! I went to the farm to help get the basil under control and the manager and I brought everything in the greenhouse over to try and get in this week. It's 106 today so I was home by 10, crazy when you're too hot outside at 8AM! Got caught up on the work I do for my brother and am ready for this meeting with neighbors about the land owner behind my house in a bit. I wanted to get everything done so afterward I can jump in the tub and read a bit. I finally haven't had ice cream in a couple nights! I took Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches to my brother's the other night and had one left two days ago. Tomorrow's the farm and a meeting with the volunteers and head of the organization (our first ever), store, and tomorrow night is the Salsa Cook-off committee meeting so I need to get dessert and wine for it. Have a great Wednesday, another week flying by!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 553 Member
    Hi all, quick check-in. It has been so hot here and apparently our systems are not built to handle the air conditioners running nonstop. My power has gone out for two days due to "system failure". Then, they are ripping up my street to put in a new street and they hit a powerline and the power was out for another day. It is finally going to start cooling off tomorrow, yay!
    My eating has been on and off. I was stress eating for a few days, I have been back on track yesterday and today.
    I am getting ready to go away for a few days.
    @katmary71 I am not sure what to do about my weigh in. We are leaving on Thursday and I won't be back until Tuesday. I was thinking I would weigh in early, on Thursday. Would that work?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,248 Member
    I know there's some really great cooks in this group. Ive found a new recipe if you're up to the challenge. Let me know how it goes.

https://youtube.com/shorts/HadifytkXwc?feature=shared
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 536 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 29 of 52

PW: 137.2
    CW: 137.5

I had a really good time at my lunch date it was nice to put a face to somebody I chat with nearly every day. Our friend sent us six different jars of salsa from Packer Orchards, I loved the Cherry Salsa. I'm currently enjoying Mango Lime, but Cherry is still my favorite. I also ate a jar of Black Bean and Corn. I just got a message this morning that he is sending us more salsa, he wants me to try the peach. I'm sure I will love it. I love that salsa is really low in calories, they make so many different flavors.
    It's hot here now, almost a hundred or over a hundred every day. It's 80 degrees at 10pm at night. I've scheduled to get some dental work done on August 10th, not looking forward to that but I guess it needs done.
    I'm enjoying Plum's from the garden the second variety is about to get ripe that one is red inside, what I'm eating now is yellow inside.
    I did indulge in Chinese Food with Egg Rolls at my lunch date, so I'm eating one less fruit bowl a day to make up for it. I did have the chicken and mushrooms with broccoli, so I was not really bad, just a little.
This discussion has been closed.