Shape Shifters Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 77 Member
    @jessicakrall8 @Pupowl may I please sign up for the step challenge with a goal of 10000?
    Thanks
    Rita
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,429 Member
    Please sign me up for Step Challenge:
    LaurieWrobo
    6,000/day
    I like to walk around my neighborhood through a forest path
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 132 Member
    Sep went by really quickly for me. Here's a recap on how I did with my Sep goals
    1. Track eating first and last week of the month, Week 2 work trip and Week 3 have a maintenance week. I've definitely tracked weeks 1, 3, and 4 but opted to do calorie deficit instead of a maintenance week given how much I gained during my work trip.
    2. Order healthy dinners during work trip. Nope...it was incredibly difficult to eat well during 4 days of airport, hotel and restaurant food. I had fries, alcohol, pizza, bacon, chips... My weight shot up like close to 3.8 lbs, but I did manage to drop it all with 1 week of water, movement and clean eating. Thank goodness I don't do a lot of work trips.
    3. I committed to 1 run and 1 bike per week. Looking back I did 9 runs and 1 bike in the month.

If I look at my highest recorded weight in Sep and my lowest, there is a loss of 2.8 lbs however that's a bit of a cheat because i weighed myself after a long run and i lose a ton of sweat/water.

On to October.
    1. Eat more protein! Be over 100 g at least 3 days/week, let's start there.
    2. Ride the bike 4x during Oct.
    3. Experiment with pre-tracking and incorporate some meal planning.

Looking forward to seeing other members goals, let's crush this month!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,922 Member
    @frankwbrown Thanks for the suggestions Frank! of course it was my internet provider, silly I didn't think of that. I only have 100Mbps down and 10Mpbs up, but even in my contract it says that expected speed for me adress is only 50 down and 7 up. I ran a speedtest and got 56/6.6 so that is pretty crappy. I can't get better with my current provider either. I can switch to fibreglass which would make down and up 250Mbps. I thought it would be a lot more expensive, but it's actually not too bad, so I will look into switching. I hate switching internet stuff though, it always goes wrong for me and I end up without for a while.
  • Pupowl
    @LenGray Thank you for the introduction! You have some great hobbies. If you ever want to share some of your art, please do! I have chronic headaches and some other problems and I know how much it sucks. I pretty much had to stop thinking about "wanting" things and instead switch to "am I able to". It can be very limiting and frustrating. I hope our group will help you on your health journey!
    @p8m6bwghh9 Great into! I am very glad to hear you managed to quit smoking, and even lost weight at the same time. I think most people end up gaining once they quit. It is great that they offer the class online as well. I love winter, but the short days do always take some time to get used to. Hope you will have a great October!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,992 Member
    Good morning Shape Shifters!

Sunday steps

Daily Goal

I expected it to be way low due to traveling yesterday. The rain and several accidents along the way made the drive even longer than usual. :( I will do my intro later, just wanted to post my steps quick before I forget. Have a great day!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited September 30
    Step Goal: 8500
    Sat 09/28: 8476
    Sun 09/29: 12282
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 596 Member
    Hi everyone, here is my re-introduction. I'm not sure if I did one last month or not.
    I'm Casandra, 41 yrs old and living in Ontario Canada. I'm a mom of 3, but only one is still at home. Most weekday evenings are spent driving to activities, I've started using this time to work on learning Spanish. Right now I'm using Duolingo and purchased some flash cards off amazon.

I did really well losing weight last year and have not been successful at maintaining that loss this year. It's been a rough year with health. I stuck pretty decently with my healthy eating but consumed too many simple carbs. I really thought I had beat the insulin resistance. Apparently not! Back to low-moderate carbs.

I have started hormone therapy to hopefully reverse endometrial hyperplasia and so far I'm feeling pretty good on the medication. I've stop the allergy med that gave me insomnia and I'm back to sleeping normally at night again.

This month I intend to enter back into the 220's, I'm also going to join the 100 day challenge that Pupowl posted about earlier this month.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 596 Member
    @Zaxa2021 I hope you find some balance in your life, it's hard. My middle daughter required constant care and appointments for many years. It can be very exhausting.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,446 Member
    I started drafting this message yesterday and never posted it —

@p8m6bwghh9 - It sounds as though you’re making great strides on your health, Rita! That’s fantastic. Alaska is one of only six states I haven’t visited yet, along with Alabama, Idaho, Oklahoma, and both North and South Dakota. I think I’ll make it to Alabama in late 2024-2025 as a side trip while visiting my son at Clemson.

Congratulations to all the ShapeShifters on the leader board this week! 🎉🎉🎉 Our team placed second for the week, and the entire month. That’s fantastic! Great work last week @Tomsgal1985, @LaurieWrobo, and bearchested, though I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well Laurie!

One of the most impressive results to me is staying ‘in the green.’ Our team had the highest percentage of team members in the green, and @DaffyGirl88 and @p8m6bwghh9 managed to lose weight for EVERY September weigh in! 🤩🤩🤩 Congratulations to @alleykat69, @Zaxa2021, and @LaurieWrobo for leading our team for the month of September! 🥳🥳🥳
  • Pupowl
    @globalhiker Just want to ask for clarification, are you just stepping for yourself or would you like to be added to our monthly step challenge?
    @CasandraW Good to hear you are sleeping again! Looking forward to having more Shape Shifters go for the 100 day challenge as well. :smile:
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,992 Member
    Monday steps
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited October 1
    Oct Wk1 Weigh-in:
    CW: 167.5

Oct Sw: 165.1lbs
    Week1: Gained +2.4lbs

Week’s Mini-Goals:
    UndCals: 🟢🟢🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
    UndCarb:🟢🟢🟢🟢🔴🟢🔴
    Scale⏬: 🔴🟢🔴🟢🟢🔴🔴Mon-Sun
    MVE500: 🟢🟢🟢🔴🟢🟢🟢
    No🍺Alc: 🔴🟢🟢🟢🔴🔴🔴
    (Yes Days: 2 / 7 Days)
    Regretting how I finished the week 🫤 we had a small birthday event at a pub for my uncle on Saturday and afterwards all went to hell in a hand basket. At least I tracked although I’m working on tracking before consumption