• p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 77 Member
    Daily step goal: 10000
    Sun 9-29: 10296
    Mon 9-30: 10360
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,607 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @globalhiker Just want to ask for clarification, are you just stepping for yourself or would you like to be added to our monthly step challenge?
    @CasandraW Good to hear you are sleeping again! Looking forward to having more Shape Shifters go for the 100 day challenge as well. :smile:

@Pupowl hello - yes please add me to the daily step challenge! Thank you!!
    globalhiker: Monday Sept 30- 11,150 steps
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,922 Member
    @globalhiker Awesome! Do you also have steps for Sunday please? That is when we started this month. :smiley:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,446 Member
    @Pupowl Sunday was 28,672 steps, thank you!

That’s a lot of steps! 🤩

• p8m6bwghh9
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, interests and hobbies. I find it motivating even if at some level it makes me feel like a slug😂

Yesterday I attended Strong Seniors class and it was the 16th day in row for a walk around the neighborhood, current plan is to continue until weather prevents. I have a pretty good stockpile of outdoor gear so… 🤞.
    We have winterized and put the rv/caravan into storage. I replaced the batteries in my remote starter, made sure ice scraper snow brush is in the car and checked that we have extra winter windshield fluid. Winter is coming.

@PatriceFitnessPal that’s a lot of states to have visited! I haven’t been to nearly that many but lived in North Dakota prior to moving here.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Hi Team Shape Shifters. You have a new member joining. Please welcome @sunshinezombiegirl1!

Also, do you have a weight from last week since Monday has already passed? Otherwise I will mark you as excused this week and start weighing in next Monday.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,992 Member
    Good morning and happy Hump Day

Tuesday steps
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 848 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you. It's definitely been an adjustment, but I'm getting there :) Also, it's awesome to hear about what you're doing for work-- that kind of thing is dearly needed and I wish you luck on learning the business management side of things!

The dollhouse miniatures have been so much fun! ^_^ I've actually gotten a bit of a local following and folks will bring me little things to add to my 'scenes'. Like last month, I went to a convention and someone brought me a little glow-in-the-dark mushroom for a greenhouse I've been working on!

@Pupowl Thank you so much! And I'll definitely keep that in mind :) The next few months are going to be very writing focused since I'm trying to finish editing my novel before the end of the year, but I got asked to do a few art and miniature workshops next year, so I'll probably be working on those a lot ^_^

I'm so sorry to hear that you have chronic pain too. The 'am I able to' thing really resonated with me and has basically been the approach I've had to take lately, especially since some days I just have to curl up on the couch and operate from a nest of blankets. It's also the first time I've been on ongoing medication, which has been surprisingly tough. Meal prepping while having pain and fatigue has especially been challenging, so if you or anyone else has suggestions, I'm all ears!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 848 Member
    So far, the week has been hectic, but good. I had the energy to cook on Sunday, but cooked the wrong stuff lol Lots of cake and bread (I watched Bake Off and got ~inspired~), but not enough actual food. I'm making some quick chili and a dump casserole today, so that will help.

I did discover that parking in the far parking lot at work adds about 700 steps to my day and only takes three extra minutes, so I've been doing that to try and get some extra daily movement :) Unfortunately, the last two days weren't super-active though, since I was having pretty high pain on Monday and just felt a bit lazy yesterday.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 979 Member
    Hi & welcome to all the new members.I haven't done an introduction for a while so here goes ;
    My name is Izzy & I live in England UK.I have we been a member of MFP for about 6 years & a member of this group for I think 3 wonderful years.I got to my goal of 125 lbs in
    May 21 then again in April 22. Since then I've struggled to lose consistently & hovered around the 140 lbs mark.
    I am 64 years young & live with my hubby & 2 adult sons.I have always been active & I'm a keen walker.I attend my local gym & love the Dance fit classes which I go to 5 times a week.My kitchen is also made for dancing 💃
    I have just spent a month in Greece where I didn't log or track my food so now I need to get back on it for October.
    @jessicakrall8 I will weigh in this Saturday.Please could you add me to October Step Challenge at 13,000 steps.My favourite place to walk is my local park & along the canal paths.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 979 Member
    My steps
    30/9 8,567
    1/10 12,530
    2/10 11,566
    I haven't got my Garmin activity tracker replacement back yet so I am using Google Fit for my steps.Im missing out on the Garmin badges & challenges too 😌
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,607 Member
    Tues steps: 9,861

Diet yesterday: ate well but I included a whole bag of popcorn which I ate mindlessly at my desk while working along with m&ms. Note to self- limit the splurge to Sat night and make it small.

I'm most active on weekends but really want to work on 12k minimum on weekdays. It's not hard, I just forget to plan! I'm going out for walk @ 6:30am before work so will hit my baseline 10k and then gym at 10am during a break. If I don't plan out my steps, they don't happen.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 570 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you so much for the kind words. Overall, I think we're settling into a new normal. But there are still some days where everything just seems extra heavy and hard to deal with.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 570 Member
    May I join the step challenge for the month, please? My goal is 10,000 a day.

9/29: 11,423
    9/30: 7,198
    10/1: 15,345

We still have ridiculously high temperatures, so it's still a bit challenging to go for walks. Our lows are a bit cooler, so if I have time first thing in the morning, we can go for a bit longer of a morning walk, but other than that, we are still stuck inside all day. It's starting to feel like the summer that will never end.

But I finally got back to the gym last night after a couple week hiatus. I was able to do a 2 mile run, as well as some walking. For some unknown reason, I signed up for a 10k in January. I have some work to do before I'm ready for that!

I hope everyone has a good day!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,429 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In
    Can I please be excused this week? Stress is high and along with that weight....
    Hopefully it will settle next week....
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,429 Member
    Steps
    9/29 6,694
    9/30 5,768
    10/1 6,782
  • p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW 133.8