Shape Shifters Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,416 Member
    Just getting home tonight...worked late, grocery pick up ran late...I'm exhausted and gonna finish my steps and head to bed...my cleaners come in the morning (first Saturday of each month) and then I have errands to run. Gonna be a busy #Caturday!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,446 Member
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    … I’m having to change my picture and name to be able to remove myself from an absolutely horrible predator and the most disgusting lewd comments posted in another community challenge I am involved in. I’ve flagged his comments but not sure what else to do. 😞

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with a MFP predator. I wrote a longer response and decided to delete it but that’s terrible!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited October 5
    Patricia.. thank you for your concern! It was too vile and disturbing to repeat to anyone in the real world.. so it’s nice to vent a little here. I just can’t believe people are out there like that! I mean, I know there are, but I have never been faced with such evilness head on before. It was truly very hurtful! Thankfully,, he’s been removed from MFP now and can no longer prey on women and innocent children in this Community. I’m still a little apprehensive about security, but Ive gone to my settings and made sure every part of my profile was set to private. I just wish that I could see that guy dead and buried somehow
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited October 5
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a nice walk yesterday morning. It was actually pretty cold. There was frost on the ground in places and I saw that people had to scrape ice of their car windows. I decided to walk in the coat I was wearing while biking to my walk. I initially planned to walk in my bodywarmer, but I realised that would have been too chilly. The walk was nice and there were lots of pretty 'sun through trees' moments. And it is mushroom time! I saw a lot of stinkhorns which aren't really my thing, but I found a couple of others as well. Just going to photodump today since I don't have much else to talk about this time! Happy Saturday everyone <3
    Mushrooms
    ae8ft7oz0c0b.jpg
    modfzvt4s0dg.jpg
    uxk1i6ssfjys.jpg
    ymr0k8wk18ol.jpg
    4ebr8dci55hf.jpg
    w2hfxmdr8qel.jpg
    Sun/trees
    kzjov9tgoqi3.jpg
    luguudxir653.jpg
    3ckw42crzktb.jpg
    nde8ioj8u3ca.jpg
    yko5ozlhz8np.jpg
    9hg9l1ey6hvj.jpg
    o9guidwzw51b.jpg
    4ljqpx3xxewu.jpg
    paeuk26egxa5.jpg
  • Pupowl
    @DaffyGirl88 That is so funny! I am sure you can find something to celebrate almost every day if you try. I only know about world postcard day because of postcrossing. You get a little badge on your profile if you sent a card on that day.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 979 Member
    My steps
    10/2 18,604
    10/3 15,687
    10/4 12,545
    Thankfully my Garmin Activity Tracker replacement is on its way back to me.Using Google Fit is OK but some steps are missed if I don't have my mobile phone with me.Also I can get started with the Garmin badges & challenges when it arrives in the post.
  • Pupowl
    @DaffyGirl88
    Under the mushroom spoiler, the last picture of the white one is a stinkhorn. As you can guess by the name, they smell really bad.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 848 Member
    Friday was a SO busy but I am now the proud owner of a nose piercing :) It was surprisingly fun to have some friends along for the piercing appointment. I did decide to order some pizza and cinnamon sticks to celebrate after, but the driver got lost, dropped my pizza, burnt my sticks, and took over an hour to get there, by which time I had already snacked and thought better of it lol I ate a piece or two of each and decided to just throw out the rest.

On the bright side, I deep-cleaned my kitchen yesterday (can't wait to prep! I'm going Asian-inspired this week), tidied up my apartment, worked on a new zine, and washed bedding ^_^

@Krysless2 That's so awful! I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that :( Predators like that are the absolute worst.

@DaffyGirl88 I love offbeat holidays! They're so much fun and it's great to add a bit of silliness to the year :)
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 596 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 229.6
    CW 233.4
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 387 Member
    Hello!
    @Pupowl and @daffygirl88 and all those interested

I enjoyed your posts about holidays. I get emails from Punchbowl with daily, weekly, and monthly reasons to celebrate. If there is an interest, I can post what I receive or you can also sign up for their newsletter.

Here is today's link: https://www.punchbowl.com/holidays/2024/10/5/world-teachers-day
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 387 Member

How's your water intake?

7g4lbxtqezlt.png
  • p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 77 Member
    Daily step goals: 10000
    10-3: 10180
    10-4: 11001

Thursday about 20 minutes on the Wii
    Friday strong seniors class
    Neighborhood walk both days, it was quite windy yesterday so most of the leaves have fallen. Today looks like it will be calmer.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,607 Member
    Saturday Weigh In:
    globalhiker
    PW: 147.6
    CW: 147.9
    gain: 0.3lbs.

Friday steps: 10,822

I did eat breakfast this morning and I didn't last week so in reality I feel like I maybe lost about half a lb. and the scale isn't showing it. Pants are now two inches loose on the waist.
    Really hungry for sweets today. I think my body knows it's burning fuel and it's trying to get me to eat more!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,416 Member
    The October Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, October 6th. Please join us for the Move it More Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10925074/october-week-2-group-challenge-move-it-more-challenge/p1?new=1

Look forward to seeing you in the chat thread!
    Jessica