October C25K Challenge (everyone)

Options
12345679»

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I decided I won't run today. My total will remain at 62.28 / 50. Still a pretty darn good month. My IT band has been bothering me ever since Sunday's race so I will do some stationary bike & elliptical at the gym today. Hopefully by Sunday I'll be ready to run again. Gotta get ready for that half marathon!

Great work everyone!!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    So far:
    2-Oct 3.1 miles total: 3.1
    5-Oct 5.5 miles total: 8.6
    7-Oct 2.4 miles total: 11 miles
    10-Oct 3.1 miles total: 14.1 miles
    11-Oct 2 miles total: 16.1 miles
    14-Oct 2 miles total: 18.1 miles
    16-Oct 3.1 miles total: 21.2 miles
    18-Oct 2 miles total: 23.2 miles
    20-Oct 2 miles total: 25.2 miles
    23-Oct 3.1 miles total: 28.3 miles
    25-Oct 3.1 miles total: 31.4 miles

As far as Becky's idea, so far this has gotten me from my house into Washington DC. I am planning another 6.2 miles before the month ends, so I'll reach the National Air & Space Museum. That's a fun place to visit.
    Got my last two 5k runs in, so I'm up to 37.6 miles run, not including warm up and cool down. I had wanted to do 40, but not disappointed as this was done without the long runs I had expected to do, but with a few more short runs, I got close.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    There is something to be said for having a training day on fairly flat ground. I have gotten my pace down.

I am so close but my next run day is Thursday - Halloween. I will just miss the 30 miles by one run probably. Oh - and for my total mileage - I could go to Aspen and back. Just C25K miles, to the Hain Celestial Teas Factory just north of Boulder. I like that place. Its really fun to do a tour once a year and have a really good hit from the peppermint room.

Yes, I do so much better on paths that don't have inclines- I'm much happier during those runs, too, since I'm not dreading the parts that have inclines. :laugh:

Have you had any problems w Starva. I just heard of it and checked it out. I like that you can see where you were at almost each second! Are you on the premium plan?
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Goal - 45 miles

Oct 2 - 2 miles
    Oct 4 - 4 miles
    Oct 7 - 3 miles
    Oct 9 - 4 miles
    Oct 11 - 2.5 miles
    Oct 14 - 4.5 miles
    Oct 16 - 2 miles
    Oct 18 - 3.1 miles
    Oct 20 - 2.5 miles
    Oct 23 - 5 miles
    Oct 25 - 3 miles
    Oct 27 - 3 miles
    Oct 29 - 5.5 miles
    Oct 31 - 3 miles

Total 47.1 miles

I've officially made my goal for the month and have run the distance from home to Grant Park in Chicago, where I'll be on Sunday for the Hot Chocolate 5k.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do so much better on paths that don't have inclines- I'm much happier during those runs, too, since I'm not dreading the parts that have inclines. :laugh:

There's a block in my neighborhood that looks flat but I always felt like quitting running when I was on it. When I actually looked it it, it does have a slight incline - it's funny how the body can pick up on the extra effort even when the eye can't exactly tell. Now, of course, I adapt so I barely even notice it.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Have you had any problems w Starva. I just heard of it and checked it out. I like that you can see where you were at almost each second! Are you on the premium plan?

I had some problems with Strava in the begining. It tends to freak out with the GPS. I think it takes it a bit to lock onto your phone's signal and account. What I did was start it, go back to my settings and turn my phone to airplane mode. When I was done with the activity. I would save it at Strava, go back to settings, turn the phone off airplane, back to Strava and upload the activity. I don't have to do that as much now so I haven't switched to airplane for a while. Being in airplane mode really saves the battery though so for long rides and runs I'll put it back to that mode just so my phone lasts for the whole recording session. I'm not on premium. I pay enough for various things without paying for Strava.

This is my last run for October. As I predicted, I am short in the milage. But I made it through today feeling very strong even though its cold and the wind is blowing. I am happy to see my improvement. We have a 5K coming up in Nov with my son's running club from school. That's the whole reason I'm doing this program is to be able to run with him and all those kids.

Oct 31st: Week 5, Day 1 of program: 2.3 miles Strava:
    http://www.strava.com/activities/92388797

Total Miles To Date: 27.3 / 2.7 to 30 mile goal - so very close - one extra run sometime in the month would have gotten me there.