• nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    WORKOUTS:
    THURSDAY 60 min walking/ 275 cals
    FRIDAY 30 min yard work/ 220 cals
    5/5 days 2191cals 405 min

REPS:
    THURSDAY 200 (25 of each...calf lifts. squats, lunges, hydrants, punches, jumping jokes, jump ropes, jog in place reps)
    1200 reps total

FLEXIBILITY:
    THURSDAY:2x7 minutes - Done

Goal posted on main challenge page: Already Done (size 18 jeans from 20/22s)

Points Week 3:
    Workout -
    #1 Water - 20/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/, S/, Su/)
    #2 Sodium - 20/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/, S/, Su/)
    #3 Workout - 40/60 pts (M/10, T/10, W/10, Th/10, F/, S/, Su/) 3/6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: 4/7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 3 or 4/7 days (unless my 'as clean as possible' kitchen during water heater escapade counts as 'spotless'. If so, 3/7)
    Happy Posts: 5/7
    Smack Post: To Dolphins... 5 points
    EXTRA POINTS: 10 points for LoSo post with picture of pumpkin soup in a pumpkin...

Running Total Points
    99 points plus on target for bh/gh if my water heater day counts as clean enuff...
  • nonnalynn
    Options
    To paraphrase an old proverb:

If you want something done well, have a SHARK do it!

Let's get this DONE!!!!!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

WORKOUT: 50 mins Wii Zumba
    Calories burned: 468

REPS: 150 Total Other Reps
    50 Lunges
    50 Russian Twists
    50 Speed Skaters

FLEXIBILITY: 2x7 minutes - Done

Thursday:

WORKOUT: 25 minutes Insanity Fit Test
    Calories burned: 227

REPS:0

FLEXIBILITY: 2x7 minutes - Done

Points Week 3:

#1 Water - 20/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W5/, Th/5, F/, S/, Su/)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout - 20/60 pts(M/5,T/10,W/5,Th/5,F/, S/) 4/6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: 5/7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 3/3 days

I feel like I've had a pretty good week. And I KNOW my SHARKS are KILLing IT!!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY
    Workout: 40 mins run (done with my minutes for the week!)
    Calories burned: 303 (done with calories for the week!)

Reps:
    50 core (crunches)

Flexibility: 3 done!

#1 Water - 25/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/5, S/, Su/)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout - 25/60 pts(M/5,T/5,W/5,Th/5, F/5, S) 5/6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: 1/7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 3/3 days

And I have GOOD news for my weigh in! Going over to that thread to post it now!!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    60 minute walk this AM...240 calories

I put it on the chart...
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hello Sharkies!

Got a nice walk in with my madre this morning! Thought I'd jump on here real quick!

Friday
    Work out - 100 Min Walk
    Calories burned - 325
    Reps - 0
    Flex 1 x 7

Weigh in is posted! Hope every one has a great friday!

Also please let me know if me trying to contribute to the team numbers like min work out and calories reps is hurting more than helping I know i"m not going to be able to hit the calorie burns each week but I am trying to help out as much as possible with reps I can knock those out pretty good :) I don't want to hinder in anyway but It's fun to track keeps me accountable :)

Way to go sharkies way to go!

Motivation for the day

The only bad work out is the work out not started!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Hello Sharkies!

Got a nice walk in with my madre this morning! Thought I'd jump on here real quick!

Friday
    Work out - 100 Min Walk
    Calories burned - 325
    Reps - 0
    Flex 1 x 7

Weigh in is posted! Hope every one has a great friday!

Also please let me know if me trying to contribute to the team numbers like min work out and calories reps is hurting more than helping I know i"m not going to be able to hit the calorie burns each week but I am trying to help out as much as possible with reps I can knock those out pretty good :) I don't want to hinder in anyway but It's fun to track keeps me accountable :)

Way to go sharkies way to go!

Motivation for the day

The only bad work out is the work out not started!

Kristin, all your effort is welcome and you are definitely part of the team so keep those numbers coming. It wouldn't be the Shark team without you. :flowerforyou:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) I will for sure :) will post points summary sunday :)
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Support for today: Lighten up (just a little) and enjoy the weekend, then let's storm next week!!!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Well done Sharks! Two in the top ten (YEAH to Pam and Kate :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ) AND we were the THIRD team. FABULOUS! But next week ... we aim even higher :bigsmile:

As Pam said, ENJOY YOUR REST DAY TODAY :drinker:

And let's attack next week in true shark-style :happy:

For those who want a summary, here is next week's challenge:

#1 WORKOUT: 220 minutes spread over at least FOUR days (minimum of 30 minutes on these days to count)
    Team goal is 2600 minutes, so everyone aim for 260 please :smile:

Calories to burn: 1300 each BUT AGAIN there's a team goal: 16800 - so aim for at least 1680 burnt this week :bigsmile:

#2 STRETCHING: 5 minutes only BUT ON ALL SIX DAYS! So you NEED to do this on Sunday, all through the week and to get up to make sure you get 5 minutes in on Friday before 10 am!

#3 REPS: in two parts this week:

(1) Stairs: Every 100 UP stairs = 5 points. Get as many in this week as you can. Maximum to aim for is 1000, which will give you 50 points.
    (2) CORE REPS: need to do 400 minimum this week. BUT TEAM NEEDS 5800 - so please aim for 580 each! Let's get those abs looking fabulous :heart:

#4 PERSONAL CHALLENGE: again in 2 parts:

(1) Pay someone a compliment and post how it went ON THE MAIN CHALLENGE PAGE not our Shark thread. No points to earn here, just an encouragement to be nice :love:
    (2) Make one of the low sodium recipes posted last week and post your comment - 25 bonus points to gain for this!

So off you go Sharks! Let's aim even bigger than last week!!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our 2 top ten finishers and to the team as a whole. I have to apologize for my weigh in this week. I am completely baffled by this weigh in. I've put in the work and the results are just not showing on the scale. There is no way I've eaten that much in excess. But I know I have to try and get my sodium intake under control. I will try my best for better results scale wise this week!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ali, for always summing up the challenge for us on the Sharks page.

Great job last week, SHARKS, especially Pam and Kate for losing some serious weight!! I will take Pam's advice and rest up today :yawn:

Here is my inspirational quote for the day:

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. -Mahatma Gandhi
  • kateflourishes
    Options
    Thanks all!! Hope next week is even more awesome for all of us. I celebrated by going for a run this morning and buying new running pants :) though they were expensive, I think it was money well spent, they are much higher quality than any other running pants I've ever owned. (In case anyone is curious they are lululemon pants- they have really great support!). I haven't bought running pants in a year so I think I was overdue. Now I'm going to ask for new running shoes for Christmas :)

This week I'm aiming for at least another pound!! Hoping to get under 140 by December! Let's kick it into high gear folks!!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Well done Kate and Pam ... Sterling work again. Ali, great job on challenge summary again. I have a feeling that our abs will be aching by the end of this week not to mention our thighs from all those steps :cry:

Come on sharks we can do this :wink:
  • pamcuster
    Options
    A little something different for support today:
    I don't know how all of you try to structure your eating, but I thought I'd share what works best for me as far as weight loss. My calories are set at 1200, but I lose best eating below 1000 (I'm only 5'1".) And it definitely helps me to keep my protein fairly high and my carbs fairly low. I was very disciplined with this during Sheri's first challenge, and I came in 2nd place for weight loss! Plus, I had great muscle tone and lots of energy. (Too bad I got lazy and apathetic and gained some back!) My theory is that when I increase my lean body mass (add muscle,) I should be able to eat *a little* more and still maintain, as long as I have a decent exercise plan (and stick to it!) So, I encourage everybody to experiment with this and see what happens!
  • fang19423
    Options
    My encouragement for the day is plan, plan, plan! :glasses:

A goal without a plan is only a wish :tongue:
  • nonnalynn
    Options
    1dF4WMU.gif
  • pamcuster
    Options
    My encouragement for the day is plan, plan, plan! :glasses:

A goal without a plan is only a wish :tongue:

OK Sharks...
    Let's plan to be the NUMBER ONE team throughout this challenge!!!
    WE CAN DO IT!!! There's no reason why we can't!
  • kateflourishes
    Options
    Actions are thoughts put into motion!! Think healthy thoughts and then go out and make them happen!!! I know I will!
    Get it Sharks!!