SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    A new week ... and a new chance to shine! Let's aim high Sharks! I agree with Pam - SHARKS FOR FIRST PLACE THIS WEEK!!

Let's go!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Here are my points totals for week three:
    Water - +5 every day = 35 points
    Sodium - +5 four days = 20 points
    Workout - +5 four days and +10 one day = 30 points
    Bad Habit: Complete! = 25 points
    Good Habit: Complete! = 25 points
    Positive posts: five days = 5 points
    Smack post: 0 points
    Low Sodium Recipe post = 7 points
    Total points earned = 147

Let's do this SHARKS!! FIRST PLACE!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    The DOLPHINS are going to rise to the top AGAIN this week!!!!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sunday:
    workout: 65 minute walk (slow)...196 calories
    stretch: 5 minutes
    reps: none yet

(nothing for yesterday)
  • jaajh
    Options
    SUNDAY:

Workout: 40 minutes aerobics and 20 minutes of lower body work. Total 60 minutes.
    Calories burned: 439
    (Still 160 minutes and 861 calories to go)

Core Reps: None today
    (Still 400 to go!)

Flexibility: 5 minutes done
    (5 more days to go!)

Stairs: none today

Points for week 3:

#1 Water - 35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/5, S/5, Su/5)
    #2 Sodium - 35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/5, S/5, Su/5)
    #3 Workout - 55 pts (M/10, T/10, W/10, Th/5, F/10, S/day off, Su/10)
    #4 Bad Habit: 6/7 days - 25 pts
    #5 Good Habit: 5/7 days - 25 pts
    Encouraging Posts: 7/7 - 7 pts
    Smack Post: To Dolphins and Wolverines... 5 points
    EXTRA POINTS: 10 points for LoSo post with picture

Total points: 197 pts.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Options
    Here are my points totals for week three:
    Water - +5 every day = 35 points
    Sodium - +5 four days = 20 points
    Workout - +5 four days and +10 one day = 30 points
    Bad Habit: Complete! = 25 points
    Good Habit: Complete! = 25 points
    Positive posts: five days = 5 points
    Smack post: 0 points
    Low Sodium Recipe post = 7 points
    Total points earned = 147

Let's do this SHARKS!! FIRST PLACE!!!

Thanks Melissa! I also added in your 7 points for posting a recipe last week, so you have a total of 154. Added to the chart.

EVERYONE - please remember to post a summary of your week 3 points for me here so I can add them to the chart. Let me know if you have already added in the recipe post points or not (so I don't add them twice!) Thanks!
  • jaajh
    Options
    PccQtmZ.jpg

This is for those of us who didn't have as impressive a loss as Pam and Kate did last week :flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Congrats to our 2 top ten finishers and to the team as a whole. I have to apologize for my weigh in this week. I am completely baffled by this weigh in. I've put in the work and the results are just not showing on the scale. There is no way I've eaten that much in excess. But I know I have to try and get my sodium intake under control. I will try my best for better results scale wise this week!

You do NOT have to apologise! Keep going and your perseverence will pay off (see my quote in the post above!) Never worry about how weigh ins affect our team. We all have our good weeks and our bad weeks and I think I can speak for all us Sharks ... we are just so glad you are part of our team and that you CONTINUE to put in all the effort you have been doing. You may well be a Top Ten this week :bigsmile:

Looking forward to celebrating your weight loss with you soon. :flowerforyou: :love: :heart:
  • jaajh
    Options

Also please let me know if me trying to contribute to the team numbers like min work out and calories reps is hurting more than helping I know i"m not going to be able to hit the calorie burns each week but I am trying to help out as much as possible with reps I can knock those out pretty good :) I don't want to hinder in anyway but It's fun to track keeps me accountable :)

Kristin (and this goes for Kylie too!) - we are SO glad that you are with us in this challenge. :love: You are putting in your maximum effort and I am glad that this challenge is helping you to keep on track. However, DON'T worry about how your burns/minutes/reps (or lack of) will affect our team. Anything you can give us will help us :flowerforyou: - and the more you can do, the more you help yourself too :bigsmile: - but this week when calculating TEAM GOALS, I did divide our team numbers by 10 (so NOT taking you and Kylie into account). So the minimum I asked everyone to give for the TEAM will be met if we all do that. Obviously, if you would like to help us out a bit and get lots of minutes, burns and reps in then that is FABULOUS and we would all love you for it! But, we know what we need to do even if you are not up to it for a few days. Please don't feel under ANY pressure from us. BUT don't let that be an excuse to "go easy" either :noway: - we want to see you succeed in your goals too :flowerforyou:

Hope that helps a bit! Have a great week!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Points Week 3:

#1 Water - 35/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W5/, Th/5, F/5, S/5, Su/5)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout - 20/60 pts(M/5,T/10,W/5,Th/5,F/, S/) 4/6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: 7/7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 3/3 days

I'm still confused about the points for 4 and 5. Do we get 25 points overall for the challenge, or 25 points for each week.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY:

Workout: 42 minutes Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
    Calories burned: 418

Core Reps: 50 (while waiting for the microwave)
    25 Core Twists
    25 Mountain Climbers

Flexibility: 5 minutes done
    (1/6 days)

Stairs: 10 points
    A little over 200 stairs ( up from the basement 10 times). I wish she had this challenge the week I climbed the CN Tower!
    (10/50 points)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Points for week 4:
    #1 Water - 0/35 pts (M/, T/, W/, Th/, F/, S/, Su/)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout - /60 pts(M/,T/,W/,Th/,F/, S/) /6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: /7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 1/3 days
  • jaajh
    Options
    Points Week 3:

#1 Water - 35/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W5/, Th/5, F/5, S/5, Su/5)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout - 20/60 pts(M/5,T/10,W/5,Th/5,F/, S/) 4/6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: 7/7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 3/3 days

I'm still confused about the points for 4 and 5. Do we get 25 points overall for the challenge, or 25 points for each week.

If you successfully complete your week you get a maximum of 50 points i.e. 25 points for completing your good habit and 25 points if you also avoid the bad. If you fail on one of these, it is a -10 points for that habit. That is EACH WEEK. Hope that helps.

I make your workout points total 25, not 20. Therefore your total (with the 50 for good/bad habits) was 110 points. (You didn't mention encouraging posts (can get 1 point a day here, or any smack talk on another team's page - get 5 points for that. If you did any of these, let me know and I'll add them on.
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Points Week 3:
    Workout -
    #1 Water - 35/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/5, S/5, Su/5)
    #2 Sodium - 35/35 pts (M/5, T/5, W/5, Th/5, F/5, S/5, Su/5)
    #3 Workout - 50/60 pts (M/10, T/10, W/10, Th/10, F/5, S/5, Su/0) 6/6 days
    #4 Bad Habit: 25 pts. 7/7 days
    #5 Good Habit: 25 pts. 7/7 days
    Happy Posts: 6/7
    Smack Post: To Dolphins... 5 points
    EXTRA POINTS: 10 points for LoSo post with picture of pumpkin soup in a pumpkin...

Running Total Points
    191 points
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Today's Couragement:

iG4XHBo.jpg
  • jaajh
    Options

Stairs: 10 points
    A little over 200 stairs ( up from the basement 10 times). I wish she had this challenge the week I climbed the CN Tower!
    (10/50 points)

:laugh: But think how great it was for those thighs :bigsmile:
  • jaajh
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Here is a great inspirational quote from an Olympic Gold Medalist:

Winning doesn't always mean being first. Winning means you're doing better than you've ever done before.
    Bonnie Blair (Speed skating)

GO SHARKS!!
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Last week Points summary!

Sorry it's a day late we had a super super busy weekend and I didn't even get to look my MFP very much!

Water - 35 points
    Sodium - 5 points
    Work out - 40 Points
    Bad Habit is a big Negative 10 :(
    New Hobby - 25 (I did complete this one do I have to do both my bad habit and new hobby to get the 25 here?)
    Smack talk - 5
    Motivation Talk - 3

Which would put me at 103 I believe but I counted wrong last week so Idk lol Wishing every one a Sharktastic week!
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Also please let me know if me trying to contribute to the team numbers like min work out and calories reps is hurting more than helping I know i"m not going to be able to hit the calorie burns each week but I am trying to help out as much as possible with reps I can knock those out pretty good :) I don't want to hinder in anyway but It's fun to track keeps me accountable :)

Kristin (and this goes for Kylie too!) - we are SO glad that you are with us in this challenge. :love: You are putting in your maximum effort and I am glad that this challenge is helping you to keep on track. However, DON'T worry about how your burns/minutes/reps (or lack of) will affect our team. Anything you can give us will help us :flowerforyou: - and the more you can do, the more you help yourself too :bigsmile: - but this week when calculating TEAM GOALS, I did divide our team numbers by 10 (so NOT taking you and Kylie into account). So the minimum I asked everyone to give for the TEAM will be met if we all do that. Obviously, if you would like to help us out a bit and get lots of minutes, burns and reps in then that is FABULOUS and we would all love you for it! But, we know what we need to do even if you are not up to it for a few days. Please don't feel under ANY pressure from us. BUT don't let that be an excuse to "go easy" either :noway: - we want to see you succeed in your goals too :flowerforyou:

Hope that helps a bit! Have a great week!

That is totally okay! I just don't every want any one else to feel like they have to do extra cause I can't keep up! LoL The burns have been coming a little bit easier lately since i"ve had a tad bit more energy thank goodness! Hopefully I can keep it up! Looking forward to this weeks challenge started off good yeseterday will most yesterday and todays results this after noon!

I seen a remote control flying shark in town yesterday by a mall vendor and it made me think of our team! It was awesome!

Just remember! If you get a flat tire. we dont get out an slash the other three! So if you slip up one meal or day for eating don't slash your other four tires! Fix the flat and keep going!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kristin! I had a TERRIBLE 'flat' yesterday! (I think I was trying to set a record for how bad a person could eat in a day!) Anyway...I've fixed it and moved on!!! So, I'm gonna be playing catch-up (or atonement!) all week!