Workout Check In

Options

Replies

• Kati0427
    Kati0427 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just finished Fire 55 EZ. Whew! I am sweating! Watching what I eat/drink has kind of gone out the window this weekend but at least I got in a good workout. Melissa, I may take your suggestion about doubling up and do fire 30 tomorrow too. Core and stretch 40 are on the schedule but I really hate the stretch workouts. I kind of want to skip it.
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

checking in kind of late, but I'm still getting my workout in. Today I started week 2 and completed Fire 45. I felt amazing after I completed the workout.

I may try the weighted gloves after I pass the 12 week mark. My initial goal is to finish 12 weeks and then move on to the advance.

Katie, good job on getting the workout in....it shows that your mind is still in the game!

Taking one day at a time.
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Still sore from Ez55 yesterday! Did Fire 30/Stretch 10 today & pushed it as hard as I could...can't wait until I can jump as high as Charlene!
    Tomorrow is the end of week one, I can't believe it!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Funny I feel the same way about the stretch routines. I guess I need my workouts to be fast pace or I lose interest. I know it is important just feels like it takes for ever... Went hiking this weekend and camping. Weekends are hard of diet especially at camp. But this is a lifestyle change for me so I can't completely stop the things I enjoy or eating the foods I enjoy. These occasions don't happen often enough so i splurged. I know I didn't get far by the occasional splurge, it was by eating massive portions and snacking all of the time. Tomorrow is double day as I do turbo in am and aerobics in the pm.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Day 1 of week 2. Did fire 45 after my shake this morning and was able to push even harder!!! Stretch ten as well really helped. My muscles were sore from the hiking this weekend. Still have aerobics at 6.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 and Stretch 10 today. I gave in and had coffee. I've decided not to give it up, but I'm only going to drink it black. No sugar, no cream. Just plain. It made a huge difference. I think I'm definitely going to need it for the 55 minute workout tomorrow!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Just finished Fire 45 and WOW!!! That was probably the toughest one so far. Sweat is dripping off of me! I had to stop a couple of times, but the music was great and kept me going. Those back-to-back fire drills were killer! Feel great now though and so glad I did it!!!

Melissa - You are a rock star for doing Fire 45 AND aerobics - I would be exhausted!

Keep up the awesome work everyone. We are doing great!!!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Today was a just push play day!!! While I was feeding my baby at 6 am I kept thinking I could go back to bed when the baby does and do my workout later but i know all too well that later doesn't always happen when you have a four month old. So I sleepily went down to the basement to crush fire 30 and sculpt 30! I am sooo happy I held strong!!! Feels so much better!
  • aquarabbit
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ today. I thought I was going to throw up! I was winded and challenged the first time I did it no doubt. But the gloves make such a difference. But I managed to not take a break. I just told myself the sooner it was done, the sooner I could just lie on the floor in a puddle. And I did for about 15 minutes. I think the next time I do it I might modify. My knee is ever so slightly sore to the touch and I don't want to make it worse. Shame though. I love the jumping.
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Do you all think it really is bad to do HIIT workouts two days in a row? I know it says to not do them, but I got stuck at the office late yesterday and ended up not getting around to HIIT 20. I should have just done it because it is short, but I was exhausted! I want to do it today (rest day) but the next day is HIIT 15 and sculpt 30. I guess I could move workouts around so they aren't back to back, but I really don't want to if I don't have to because the rest of the workout schedule works pretty well with my week. Thoughts?
  • aquarabbit
    Options
    You're on week 2? I would just switch the HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30 day with the Fire 55 EZ day. They'll still be around the same times, so your schedule shouldn't be that altered. And it's only the 2 days. If it's still not something that fits into your schedule, missing one workout isn't the worst thing in the world as long as it's not happening every week. And actually, even then I think it'd be fine since you're still doing crazy workouts 5 times a week! You'll still be getting in a HIIT workout and continuing with the program. Sometimes things get in the way and you have to really adjust it. So if you have to miss one day or add one extra rest day, you'll be fine as long as you're keeping an eye on your food. Life happens. That's why I love the videos rather than classes. Much more customizable!
  • aquarabbit
    Options
    Fire 30 today. I was completely exhausted from my past 3 day cleaning marathon prepping for my family's arrival, and it really showed today during my workout. I had to stop a few times and even took my gloves off halfway through. Then I took a shower and a 3 hour nap. But the house is spotless and I still finished my workout.
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Stacey and great job on sticking with the workout even though you were tired! I am in week 2 and am totally switching up the schedule. I did Fire 55 EZ today and will do HIIT 20 tomorrow then probably abs and stretch or Fire 45 on Thursday and the other HIIT w/ tone on Saturday. I am sweating like crazy after Fire 55 EZ! I really need to find my HRM though because I think MFP over estimates my burn. I am logging in less time just to be safe!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Yesterday was rest day but still did aerobics. Today I did hiit 15 with the gloves adds a challenge if the lunge jumps weren't already one!!! Decided to test out burn phase that s a bonus on the sculpt DVD a now I am more pumped about getting chalene extreme!! So far I have lost 3 pounds since starting turbo fire!!!! It is only day 11 can't wait to see what the next 79 days will do!!!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm still here. My schedule has been kind of rough this week and somehow I am now on the regular schedule with a Monday start.

Katie, I'm glad you asked your question about the two HIIT workout back to back, because I'm in that situation today. I'm about to go do Fire 55 EZ today and do the HIIT 15 and Sculpt tomorrow. Even though I know things happen, I don't want to miss a workout.

About to go workout..be back to check in!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Bravo - I did kind of the same thing Fire 55 EZ yesterday and just finished HIIT 20 today. It was a quick workout which was good because I am trying to jump in the shower in about 5 minutes and get ready to meet some people for dinner, but man I thought my heart was going to explode! I still can't find my HRM - does anyone have an estimate for how much they burn for HIIT 20?
  • Melionfire
    Options
    I did fire 55 this morning. Slept in a bit so my day started later. Always throws me off. The baby woke up half way through but thank god for the video monitor she only started to get upset near the end. I was prepared to stop and continue later but was happy i didn't have too. Love fire 55 it always kicks my butt but in a good way!
  • aquarabbit
    Options
    Fire 45 today. My aunt has been working out with me when I've been doing Turbo Fire and ChaLEAN. It's been fun. She really liked the Stretch 40. Not sure if she'll be doing the HIIT with me tomorrow, but I hope so!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    Options
    Today was Core 20 and Stretch 40 but I added in Fire 30. I needed it....bad. It seems that working out is a big stress reliever for me.

I'm holding strong on not weighing myself. Tomorrow marks the end of week 2 and I may weigh in at the end of every two weeks.
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Just finished HIIT 15 and Tone 30. My legs were shaking! I skipped my workout yesterday because I had a party to go to, so I am doubling up tomorrow with Fire 45 and Core 20 - not going to do stretch 40 I just don't like it. Maybe I will look in to going to a yoga class at the gym once a week instead.

Almost done with week 2!!! Keep on pushing it ladies! :bigsmile: