Workout Check In

Options

Replies

• Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Katie I'm sure any routine where you r stretching out your muscles would be good !! Yoga is prob perfect!!! I think I am only going to do half and then do a hiit workout!! I like to be sweaty after a workout. That way I know I got my heart pumping!!!

Did fire 45 this morning while Abby played and watched. She thought I looked pretty funny. I was sweating buckets and I pushed myself really hard but I forgot to put on my hrm so I underestimated the cals burned by a bit to be safe.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Just finished hiit 20, core 20 and 20 minutes of stretch 40. I really do not have the attention span for a 40 minute stretch routine!!! I figured 20 was good mad that way there I can squeeze in a bit of cardio!!
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    mylifeasoliveoil Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This last week has been pretty hectic for me, so I fell behind on working out. It is so hard for me to work out when I am so exhausted with going to school from 8-noon, working till 5, then on duty at 7 until midnight or having evening events, even though I know this is an excuse! Does anyone have any ideas of how to motivate myself when I feel so exhausted? My friend and I are going to do turbo today, so hopefully it gets me back in the swing of things! I can tell that my body needs it!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today was the end of week 2 for me. I completed Turbo 45 this morning and had fun while doing it.

I can tell that as the month progresses, so does the shorter workouts with Turbo 30 and HIIT 15. She's getting us ready for those longer workouts that are in month 2!

I was tempted to weigh myself since we are at the mid-month marker and I went to get on the scale and noticed that the battery was dead. So...I will force myself to wait until the end of the month to weigh in. Even though I'm going to replace the battery tomorrow, I want to focus on the feeling and not the number right now. Although I would LOVE to see at least 5 pounds down at the end of the month.

The first or second time that I attempted TF, I made it into week 6 or 7 or something around that. I didn't lose in the first month, but noticed inches. As I moved into the second month, weeks 5 and 6, that's when the number on the scale started to change.

Even when I feel exhausted, I think of how Chalene says in one of the TF videos,..."give me just a few minutes...."

She's right, after I start my workout a few minutes into it, I'm singing along and happy.

Tomorrow starts week 3. Here we go!
  • Kati0427
    Kati0427 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great finish to week 2 Bravo! I also finished week 2 today with Fire 45 and core 20. I really want to weigh myself tomorrow morning, but I wasn't the greatest with what I ate this weekend so I think I will wait a few days before I do. What will power to go a whole month without weighing! I'm not sure I could do it.

I noticed the same thing the last time I attempted TF. I made it to about week 7 and started really seeing results after the first 30 days it was like I could tell that my clothes were a little loser but then all of a sudden the weight just came right off. I had great results even after 7 weeks so I can't wait to see what completing the whole program does!

Week 3 for me starts tomorrow. As always ladies, you are doing awesome and inspire me to keep going!!!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    Options
    W3D1 - Fire 45EZ Complete!

When I first started this morning, my legs kind of felt heavy. As the workout progressed, the feeling went away. Not sure what that was about.

I think 45EZ is my favorite workout so far.

My Polar FT4 battery needs to be replaced. So instead I wore my Body Media Fit. I forgot that I had a 1 year subscription to it (about 5 months left) and used that to count my calories burned. Not sure how I feel about wearing it all day but I know that's what most people do to get a complete look at your day.

I wish you a great workout if you are exercising today.

Happy Monday, ladies!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Mylifeasolive: the only thing I can say is that if you make the hard step of waking up earlier and push play you will feel better for the whole day. Before I got pregnant I worked three jobs and was taking courses. I would wake up at five to workout every day and I never had more energy to get through it all. Exercise is one of the best things to boost energy which is hard because it takes so much energy to push ourselves to work out.

Changed the schedule a bit because I have aerobics tonight. Really had a hard time seeing myself do fire 45 and aerobics like last week. I did hiit 25 and stretch ten. Felt good. I can tell my heart is getting stronger because my heart rate monitor doesn't soar like it use to. Although I feel like I am pushing even harder. The fun part of getting in shape is that you have to keep working harder as you get into shape!!!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok the start of week 3 with 45EZ.....which kicked my butt!

To BravoMe6...I have a BodyMedia & during the day I shove it in my bra. Got tired of people at work asking me about it lol!

Have a Turbo Kickin' week!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    I so did not want to workout today. I stayed late at the office and was just dead when I got home. I thought about doing a shorter workout today, but went ahead and did Fire EZ anyway. Although I took more water breaks than I usually do at first, I got my second wind and worked my butt off the second half! So glad I did it and now it's done and I am sweating like crazy and feel great for doing it!

Hope everyone is off to a great start to the week!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I did not want to workout either. But Chalene says that's when it's more important so good for us for listening to that advice! It really sucks when it's a long one. A HIIT or shorter workout seems easier than an hour. I did 55 EZ today. I really didn't want to, but my dad, grandma, aunt, and husband all told me to go do it because I was doing so well. I kind of thought I was being a pain because my workouts slowed us down a bit in the mornings, but it turns out they were all super proud that I kept going. I just thought they were quiet because they didn't want me to know they were annoyed. They were actually quiet because they didn't want me to stop. It was a nice surprise. I'm glad because I definitely need it as a stress reliever (my dad and grandma are complaining that all there is to do in Hawaii that doesn't cost a fortune is to lie on the beach. I'm not exactly sure what there expectations were when they booked the tickets but I think that most people realize that before arriving). I haven't been tracking my diet because they do get annoyed if I'm logging on my phone (they don't believe me when I say I'm not texting) but I still lost a pound this week. Anyways have a great week everyone!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Great job aquarabibit on getting the workout done. I know how hard it can be when family is visiting.

I did fire 45 and stretch ten . Had a hard time but pushed my hardest!! I wish the stretch ten had stretches for your shins and calves. That is where I am the tightest!!! Had to add my own stretching at the end! But still loving tf it is a great program!!!!
    F
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Great job for sticking to the workouts even with family! Congrats on the loss too :)

Melissa - I had a hard time today too. I did HIIT 25 and I swear my legs felt like they were full of lead. I had to switch between the jumps and the modified version because I could just not get my legs up sometimes. My shins are also feeling it - I hope I am not getting shin splints :(

I am going to do Fire 45 EZ tomorrow instead of the rest day because I am going out of town this weekend and will probably not be able to get a workout in on Friday or Saturday. I may go with the idea of doing only 20 minutes of the stretch dvd and double that with another day.
  • HelloBeautiful365
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Yesterday was supposed a workout day, but I ended up getting sick. Today was a rest day and boy did I ever need it!

Tomorrow is HIIT 15 and Tone 30 and I'm feeling up to the workout.

Have a good night everyone...I'll be back tomorrow.
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Checkin' in - Fire 45 EZ done! Feeling great and half-way through week 3! :bigsmile: After searching for my polar HRM for the past two weeks without any luck :sad: I went out and got another one that syncs to my iphone. I used it for the first time today and learned that MFP over-estimates my burn by about 100 calories. I have kind of been playing around with the time in MFP because I thought that would be the case, so I hope it hasn't made a huge difference the past couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Katie the numbers in Mfp are very general. A large person will usually burn more calories than a smaller one. Sadly even though I am larger my burn is far less then Mfp says and it is not due to a lack of effort. I just have to bring it hard!!!! Today was hiit 15 and tone 30. I almost decided to skip it today because I have been sore and I have worked out every day for three weeks but one of my goals is to workout for a month strait just to make it a habit and didn't want to break my streak. Happy I pushed play!
  • aquarabbit
    Options
    Wahoo Mel! Those are the days where you should definitely be the proudest. Especially if you're sore and you know that you're in for jumping and kicking. Fire is super fun, but it can still be very daunting. I took a rest day yesterday because it was my family's last day here and we had to get them ready for the airport and have one more meal. So I did Fire 45 today. I really love the Tina Turner part. I wish that was a part of one of the HIITs. My aunt did it with my while she was here and and we had a blast with that part. She has Tina Turner hair too. I'm really glad that I kept up my TF workouts, but I have been slacking on the ChaLEAN ones. I was going to give you an 2 week update on how it was Katie, but unfortunately I have no idea! But I'm going to try to catch up and let you know at the end of my first month. I'm excited for tomorrow. It'll be my first time doing 45 EZ. I love doing new ones!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    Options
    I'm still here! I didn't get a chance to log my workouts, but tomorrow marks the end of week 3 and my body has no problem letting me know! LOL

I've been changing my workout schedule based on me being sick the other day and also a little one that had a ear infection.

SOOO glad that there are shorter workouts that still make you feel like you put in hard work.

Katie, I need to research the Polar that works with the iphone. I'm not enjoying the idea of wearing my Body Media Fit band around my arm everywhere.

I'm heading to Las Vegas in the morning for my 5 year anniversary (11/1) with my hubby and guess what I'm taking with me???? My portable DVD and my Turbo Fire workouts. You ladies have been such and inspiration because I know that I wouldn't have even thought about it if it some of you had not been in the same travel situation that I'm in.

I will workout in the morning before I head to the air port which means that I only need Monday and Tuesdays workout with me. Wednesday is a rest day and I'll be back to workout at home on Thursday. I know there will be LOTS of walking, so I will burn up a lot of calories. I'm just a little concerned about the food though (fingers crossed).

I still haven't weighed myself and I'm actually proud. I do feel a difference in my legs/thighs when I put on a pair of pants.

Off to do my workout.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Bravome: great job on planning your workouts for your trip. Happy anniversary!!

Aquarabit: fire 45 ez is one of my favourites. It has no turbos but it is a very fun routine you will love it. I am checking in for yesterday and today. Did fire 55 yesterday and fire 45 ez today. I almost took a day off today. Was recovering from a party last night but pushed myself because I am soooo cloooooose to my one month working out goal! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well here comes the official start of week 4!!! Getting ready to do Fire EZ 55 but not before I tell all my Turbo Fire peeps outstanding job!
    Hang in there you are almost to that month goal then we get to see everyone's fabulous results, and not just physically!
    You are all Rockstars!!!
  • aquarabbit
    Options
    Did HIIT 25 for the first time today. I loved it. I wasn't able to do it high impact since I have a little bit of a shin splint, but I still got a great sweat on. I added Abs 10 and boy oh boy do I feel it. I'm going to do it again, but I can't say I'll look forward to it. I just really don't like ab workouts. Maybe I will once I get stronger. Tomorrow is a rest day, but then another HIIT workout. I'm also getting back on track with ChaLEAN. I thought I would get sick of Chalene, but I'm actually liking her more! I look forward to the workouts. I guess she wasn't kidding about getting addicted.