Workout Check In

Options

Replies

• jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hand raised here for cleaning up the eating! Got the Turbo down now I need to fuel the body better.
    Can't wait to see everyone's results!
    Did Core 20 & Stretch 40 today, then a short run since I had some energy.... every ounce counts!!!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I decided to visit another beach body program today!! I did mix it up from the slimming series!! It is from 2003 and pretty retro but very effective!! I am sore all over but it felt great!! I couldn't get myself to do stretch 40 and picked mix it up because ip works every muscle on your body with weights and bands and has a core section and a long enough stretch section!! I entered a no sweets challenge for November so my goal is to work hard on my nutrition and not touch the deserts!!! This will be especially hard on Sundays when I go to the in laws for supper!! My mother in law always bakes the best deserts!!! I measured today and so far I have lost 15 inches in the first 4 weeks of turbo fire!!!
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    mylifeasoliveoil Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great results! I know you can succeed with your no sweets in November! You are all such an inspiration to me!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome results Mel!

I wish I would have measured at the start of the challenge.

Today marked the last day of week 4 for me and I pushed through all of my sleepiness and got my workout done! LOL.

After putting new batteries into my Polar4FT watch and chest strap monitor, it has been working pretty well thus far. While in Vegas it worked and even at the start of my workout today. Sometime during the workout, it stopped,...just stopped. I was soooo mad and took it off and kept moving. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but that was confirmation that I'm going back to wearing my BodyMedia Fit armband. I can't afford for my HRM to breakdown in the middle of my workout. LOL. I will revisit the Polar later.

Now to my weigh in....1.8 pounds! I'm actually pretty good with that number considering I can tell a difference in my thighs and waist when wearing my pants.

In month 2, I will begin weighing once a week.

As if you can't tell, I'm excited about month 2.

Here we go!
  • Kati0427
    Kati0427 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mel - Those are great results! Congrats :bigsmile:

Bravo - I was sleepy through my workout today too! Not sure if it was just because it was the end of the weekend or what. Pushed through Fire 45 today though and finished up week 4. So proud of myself for making it an entire month! I did not take measurements today, but will do them in the morning. I did take progress pics, however, and I can totally tell a difference between the first day and today! I am hoping to see even greater results in month 2 as I focus more on nutrition.

Keep up the great work everyone! Here's to a great next week!
  • jeepie98
    Options
    Fabulous results ladies!
    I finished month 1 today too... down 2 lbs but not many inches. Was a little bummed but then realized how great I feel and so much stronger! I can now do those jumps like Charlene!
    Time to clean up my eating & bring it month 2!
    Thanks to all of you for being such an inspiration!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Jeepie, that's still great! The fact that you can work harder during the workouts and jump higher is awesome and a fabulous result in itself!

So I measured and weighed in this morning. I have lost 5 lbs, which I am kind of bummed about since it has been a whole month, but I new it would be the case since I have been having too much fun with what I eat and drink on the weekends. However, even with not being the greatest on my eating, I am happy to report that I have lost inches!

I have lost a total of 7.5 inches this month! 2 of which have come off of my tummy! Very happy with these results and plan on working even harder this next month.

We are on fire!!!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    So happy to hear everyone's progress!! I find the increase in stamina and strength a great motivator!!! I can do so much more than I could when I started!!! I checked out month 2 and the workouts are mostly an hour and ere is added strength so I know we will all see results if we stick to it!!!

I did fire 55 today and have never sweat more in my life!! It was blinding me!!! Love it!!! I also had aerobics this evening!! Mondays always kick my butt which is good because weekends are sometimes challenging!!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1 done with Fire 55 EZ! I hear you about the sweating Mel! I am dripping!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Late check in! I did Fire 45 earlier. Beginning Week 4 now! I'm still taking it easy because just around the time my shin was feeling awesome, I caught a cold! I blame it on a kid I was playing with at the store. He had the sniffles and I have no immunities. Oh well. A lot of rest and fluids and I'm back to it. ChaLEAN was harder today. I only did about 7 reps of each exercise, but I still feel like I got a good workout in. Not too much wheezing. Now I'm off to play Batman!
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    Today I walked to the wellness center on campus to do Zumba, since it is a free class. However, the instructor didn't show up, so instead I did the insanity "fit test" with some people from my residence hall. I definitely found out quick that I would not like the Insanity program! I still feel good, like I got a work out in, so that is good! Looking forward to this week! I unfortunately am still working on finishing up week 3 because of my rocky start at the beginning of the program (and lots of excuses). This was my 6th day in a row working out, and I cannot remember the last time that I worked out that many days in a row, so I am proud of myself! I look forward to keeping up with this and seeing results!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    HIIT 20 and Stretch 10. I'm pretty exhausted so I'm happy to have a rest day tomorrow. But no ChaLEAN tonight so I can work work work tonight!
  • jeepie98
    Options
    Fire 30 & Sculpt 30 today! I really feel myself pushing harder with each workout! And yes looking forward to a rest day tomorrow
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    I did Low HIIT 25 tonight. I thought about having my rest day today, but decided to push through. I was thinking about not taking a rest day tomorrow, but the next workout is HIIT 15, so I have a question. The program says not to do two HIIT workouts in a row, so I was wondering if you guys have ever done two in a row, or if I should just take my rest day tomorrow for sure.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Mylifeasolive: I have done hiit workouts back to back and I was fine however I tried to take it easy on the jumping because I knew my knees would feel it. I only do it once in a while when I am short on time.

Did fire 30 and sculpt 30 today. I have to move my rest day to Saturday because I am going out of town so tomorrow will be fire 55 and aerobics again.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Well I decided not to double up as I was still sore from the last two days so I just did aerobics today which was still tough. I am still working out 6 days a week even if once in a while it is not turbo fire so I am happy with that. I can tell most are on rest day because no one has checked in since me yesterday:)
  • Kati0427
    Options
    I took my rest day yesterday and did Fire 30 and Strength 30 today. Both were considerably easier than they have been, although I still worked up a great sweat and burned major calories.
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    I indeed took my rest day today, partly because after I wrote the post yesterday, two of my friends were going to do one of their last days of Insanity and asked if I wanted to join. They said I could "push through!" So I decided to join them and got an extra workout in last night. Today I really suffered with my eating! I am ready to get back to my workout tomorrow (Or should I say today)! HAPPY THURSDAY!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day and I needed it!

Just to recap Monday (Fire55 EZ) and Tuesday (Fire 30/Sculpt) - Noticing that 55 doesn't seem as long to me anymore and 30 goes by like a sweaty breeze! :smile:

Today, I missed my workout to sleep in a little. Not to share TMI...but I always struggle working out when it's at the start of TOM. By by the second day I'm good to go. I'm going to add today's workout to Saturday to get all of my workouts in for the week.
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    I just finished with 45 minutes of Zumba and the Turbo Fire HIIT 15! That one kicks my butt! It felt amazing after my rest day yesterday! Great work everybody!!!