Workout Check In

Options

Replies

• Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Today was stretch 40 and core 20. I needed a good stretch even though I find the workout to last forever. I guess when you get use to the hits and other ones it is hard to slow down even when it's needed.

Great job to all the girls In the group for making it to week four. I am sure the next 2 months are going to fly!!!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    I did fire 20 and stretch 10 today. The hiit workouts r getting easier:). Hope everyone has had a great Monday!!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Checking in with HIIT 20 and stretch 10. Yes, Mel they are getting easier. They definitely break up the longer workouts and challenge you at the same time.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    HIIT 15 today. Still mostly on low impact even though my shin feels better. I do one round of jumping and the rest with Allie just to be safe, but I think that after tomorrow I'll be good to jump again. I woke up thinking that today would be easy since it was only 15 minutes. Then I remembered how sore I am from ChaLEAN. My side butts feel like they've been hit my a truck and all the squatting is not lessening that pain. But I'm happy I'm doing it. I think I just need to stretch some more. I think I'm going to do Stretch 40 today instead of 10. I just need to loosen up!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Great job everyone on the workouts!!! Today I did fire 45 and stretch 10. I struggled today and did tell Chalene a couple times that yes indeed I was very tired but I pushed through and I am happy I did!
  • Kati0427
    Kati0427 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    All right everyone, I'm back in business and man it feels good! Awesome job everyone on sticking with the program and keeping up with the workouts! I can't say that I was as dedicated as some of you have been on recent vacations, but I'm getting back in the groove and hitting this week hard! I cannot wait to hear all of our results!

Bravo - I took your advice and just jumped back into where I left off, so I started week 4 (but I'm switching things around a bit). I did HIIT 20 and Strength 30 today and am feeling good! Have a great week all!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Bravo - I really like syncing the polar with my phone. I got the Polar F6 and its just the chest strap that has the HRM part that clicks on. There are several apps that easily sync with it and track your HRM and calories. I am using the Endomondo app to track my workouts and it is supposed to sync my workout with MFP, but it didn't work today, so I had to manually enter it. Maybe there is a better app that will sync the workout correctly.
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    mylifeasoliveoil Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to come on here and log my workout each day so that I stay on track! I have found myself wandering off track and I need to stop! I did Fire 45 EZ today and loved it. Now I feel refreshed and energized for the rest of the day! Hope you all are doing well! Thanks for all the motivation!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Great job mylifeasolive . I make It a goal to check in with the group every day to keep me on track!!! Today was an actual rest day. The first one I have taken in a month!!! Usually I have aerobics on my turbo fire rest day but it was cancelled and I decided I deserved a much needed rest. I was starting to really get tired and stiff and I know I always work much harder after a day off. Hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with ya Mel! I usually go running on my rest day but been feeling burnt out so really enjoyed my rest and ready for HIIT 20 tomorrow!
  • Kati0427
    Options
    Checkin in - did FIre 45 tonight since I took my rest day on Monday. I can definitely tell that I am building endurance and am able to push harder. Now I just need to get my nutrition under control. Aside from the weekends, I generally stay within my calorie range on MFP, but I think I am not eating the right combination of foods to see the results I am wanting.

Mel - Are you doing a 40-30-30 plan? How is that working? I think I definitely need to up the protein and decrease the carbs and cut some of the sugar out. Going to try these changes and see if the scale starts to move.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try to check in more often because it makes me feel better and keeps me on track! I am actually going to start going to zumba two days a week with some of my friends, so this will help me get in a better routine! Thanks everyone!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Did Fire 45 EZ this morning and just did ChaLEAN Burn 3. I think I sweat more with ChaLEAN than Turbo sometimes. I'm looking forward to some core work tomorrow. My husband might join me!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Katie: yeah I aim for 40 30 30 but sometimes it is hard to get. Today I will get 40 protein 22 fat and 38 carbs. Eating more protein will help prevent binges and cravings plus help you keep lean muscle mass while losing weight. I try to always max my Fiber as well because it keeps me fuller longer. It really helps prevent the mindless eating I use to do all the time.

Did hiit 20 and sculpt 30 and I am really noticing how much stronger I am getting especially with push ups!! The day off also really helped!! I had much more energy this morning.

Aquarabibit I can't wait to start chalene extreme. I want to start it right after finishing turbo fire!!! It is hard to wait but I know it will go by fast!!
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    Just finished with Zumba! I know it isn't Turbo, but I'm feeling great anyways!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Did EZ 55 tonight and I gotta confess its my fav! :heart:
  • Melionfire
    Options
    I altered the schedule today!! Decided to do fire 45 ez and stretch ten!! Really love that workout!!!! It's always over before I even have the time to realize it!!! I will do fire 55 on Sunday. I also needed to give my knees a little break from all the crazy jumping!! They are a little stiff. I might have to try following ally for a bit but I love the super jacks so much!!!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Wednesday was my official rest day and I decided to take Thursday off as well. My body was still on a three hour time zone difference with jet lag to boot! Definitely not a good combination. Friday and Saturdays workout (55EZ/ Core 20/Stretch) will be combined tomorrow.

I don't know why but I'm actually excited about weighing in on Sunday. That day marks the end of week 4 for me and based on my last attempt at Turbo Fire I only lost about 2-3 pounds in month 1 but the inches and endurance was noticeable. So, if the same happens this time, I'm actually ok with it! :smile: That's definitely a growth moment right there! It's usually in month 2 where the pounds begin to shed for me and where I will probably weigh in once a week instead of once a month.

My month 2 goals would require me to clean up my eating quite a bit. I'm not terrible, but it could be better.

What is everyone's month 2 goal?
  • Kati0427
    Options
    I just finished Fire 55EZ and will be doing core 20 later today. I had to stop Fire 55EZ about 5 minutes before the "Who's House" song was over because my left hip was getting really tight and starting to pop when I did the kicks. I need to find a good stretch to loosen that hip up.

Bravo - I am with you on cleaning up the diet in month 2 as my goal. I generally eat well and stay under my calories, but I could be making better choices to melt the fat and fuel the workout.
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    Options
    Did Fire 45 EZ today! I agree Melionfire, that one is definitely one of my favorites!
    I have been skipping the long stretching and core videos, and thinking maybe I'll add them in maybe in a couple weeks. I think my month 2 goal will just be making sure I am more accountable and working out at least 5 times a week (hopefully more). It is too easy for me to make excuses, so I'm going to try to start fitting more workouts into my schedule between classes. Also, I'm trying to cut Dr. Pepper down out of my diet! I don't know if I will be able to fully leave it behind, but I need to stop drinking it more than once a week!