Starting Nov 1

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Sometimes before one can master the form, the stage is over!

I find that too! It wasn't until the last workout of B that I managed that barbell lift! It was so much like the one in A I was sure I was doing it wrong!

Stages 4 & 5 pretty much repeat 2 & 3 with lower reps. This is where you start to really bring it :laugh:

BPJ - what are you going to do with the YTWLs?

Jen, I think I'd say starting stage 2 again as well. I think we'd all agree stage one was just getting the form down.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Sometimes before one can master the form, the stage is over!

I find that too! It wasn't until the last workout of B that I managed that barbell lift! It was so much like the one in A I was sure I was doing it wrong!

Stages 4 & 5 pretty much repeat 2 & 3 with lower reps. This is where you start to really bring it :laugh:

BPJ - what are you going to do with the YTWLs?

Jen, I think I'd say starting stage 2 again as well. I think we'd all agree stage one was just getting the form down.

I agree. I am also thinking of repeating stage 2 because I don't feel like I saw enough progress there.

However, I did start stage 3 last night. A day later than anticipated because I am having some knee problems too (induced from skiing this past weekend, I think). I took it easy on the weight on the squats and did not do the jumps in the BWM, so all in all it was not too bad. But does anyone else find it very difficult to wait the entire 105 seconds between sets?? I just want to get this thing done and it feels like most of my time is spent standing around! Do you do anything to keep yourself engaged during the rest period?
  • Blueberry09
    But does anyone else find it very difficult to wait the entire 105 seconds between sets?? I just want to get this thing done and it feels like most of my time is spent standing around! Do you do anything to keep yourself engaged during the rest period?

Because I don't have much time in the mornings (I workout before work) I probably wait only a min or so between sets. 75 seconds max depending on the exercise I'm moving from. When it's switching from side to side it's maybe 30 seconds between exercises.

I have the TV on in the background when I work out. Currently I'm watching re-runs of Rookie Blue. I find it engaging :smile:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    I definitely don't wait the full amount of time either, usually a minute or less.

I am headed out to do Stage 3 B1 in a few minutes. Hopefully my sore hammies will be ok!
  • ramalem
    Uh those YTWL's were killer!
  • Blueberry09
    How did your hammies hold up? :wink:

Totally different than A isn't it?
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Blueberry :smile:

How would I do the YTWL if I were to tweak it?

I think I would, instead of doing it bilaterally, I would do it unilaterally (I think I may even try that sometime) ...it may take longer but I will concentrate more on the muscles being worked out, work on form (neck muscles relaxed, shoulder and scapula muscles etc)...I think I would do it on a flat bench, rather than angled.....me thinks...just thoughts, though.... :smile:
  • Blueberry09
    What kind of weights were you using? 5s are definitely enough for me! I did 8s on my last and I'm pretty sure my form sucked big time!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Blueberry, the first rep I did with no weight, then used 5 lbs. on the second and third sets. I do not think I would progress any higher than that lol!

My high from Hip Hop Abs class followed by Zumba class yester was, as always, exhilarating!!! :drinker:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    ywtl--is that the body matrix thing?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I also used 5 lbs for the YTWL and that was plenty hard enough!. I used to do something similar with the Firm videos, but you just kneeled over a high step and I liked that better. Of course, I do not have an incline bench, so I have been using my stability ball and it is awkward on the down motion because you can'y go straight down. I think I will try the step next time. Thanks for the idea bepeejaye!

And Jen, no not a BWM thing, it's one of the sets in stage 3B and it's NOT fun!
  • Blueberry09
    On the incline bench you form Y then T then W and L. It's tough for sure. Hardest part of B.

The body weight matrix is timed - 24 squats, 24 lunges, 24 lunge jumps and 24 squat jumps - right at the end of A when you're pretty much dead from all the other weighted squats :noway: You do it as fast as you can, wait the same amount of time and then do it again! I've never been able to get that second one in :tongue:

Challenging for sure!
  • sleepyjen
    Ohhh. I had to return my book to the library. Seeing what the body matrix is, I don't think I want to take it back out. :noway:
  • ramalem
    Morning ladies! Finished A2 Saturday, going in for B2 today. Those YTLW's are seriously awful. My arms are still sore. I started with 5lb weights as well. not sure I will EVER get more than that. Wish I had known about theses before my wedding, talk about a great workout for a strapless dress yesh!

Blue - I have also not been able to complete two, but my time is getting better which makes me happy. My hams after the first B were ok, not as bad as my back :)

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
  • Blueberry09
    Ohhh. I had to return my book to the library. Seeing what the body matrix is, I don't think I want to take it back out. :noway:

Jen, I photocopied the workout pages and then the exercises - I can scan them and email them to you if you'd like?
  • Blueberry09
    Stage 4 started this morning! Dang lunges - forgot all about them while doing the squats in Stage 3! I upped all my weights from Stage 2 - including the front squat but was only able to do 3 -6s instead of 3 -8s. Man that one is tough! 3 -8s of everything else tho. Wasn't able to do 120 sec plank - heck I just mastered 90 sec on the last workout of stage 3! I was able to do the push-ups no problem tho :smile:

I'm almost thinking I might do six or eight of each workout in Stages 4 & 5. Probably should have done it stages 2 & 3. Like was mentioned before, you just start to master the move and then you're on to the next stage. I'm not sure how much strength you're really building in such a short time? Although I do notice I can now open jars by myself :laugh: And I have biceps! LOL I've never had biceps before :laugh:

Happy lifting ladies - have a great week! :drinker:
  • sleepyjen
    Thanks, Blueberry! I may just order it used on Amazon, like I did with the "for Life" volume.

Frankly, I'm in no rush. :laugh:
  • Blueberry09
    Thanks, Blueberry! I may just order it used on Amazon, like I did with the "for Life" volume.

Frankly, I'm in no rush. :laugh:

Ah but you're missing out on all the fun :bigsmile:
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Soooo... does anyone know how to get rid of your ticker? I don't update my weight anymore (since it has increased).
  • ramalem
    Terrie - I've been trying FOREVER and even submitted a IT request for it... they said as of right now you can't remove it, which seems reallllly stupid to me.