Starting Nov 1

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Ha, missing out on the fun.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Feeling really tired... hoping to make it through my workout tonight. Have a great rest of your Monday ladies!:drinker:
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    How did the WO go ramalem?

Trying to pump myself up for 2B tonight, I hate it.. HATE IT! I think the thought of having to run again is what gets me. I know I could do the intervals on a bike or elliptical but I feel like I need the running to prepare for softball.
  • terrie_k
    I was reading the book to see what intervals have in store for me tonight and read this:
    "...An aggressive exerciser will go all-out the first time she tries it, and find the experience so miserable that she never wants to do it again..."

Yup, that was me, except the going all out part, I only ran at a 6 on the treadmill (a decent jog for a shorty) with a 5% incline (to help my kness as I am a lazy runner and like to stomp).
  • ramalem
    WO went :) At least it's done.

I actually find that I like intervals, I started out at 6.1/7/.1 - upped to 6.3/7.3 last night. not much of a change, but I think rather than keep upping my lower interval, I will up the faster one.
  • terrie_k
    At that speed, are you running/jogging the whole time?
    I went from 2.8 (decent walk) for rest to a 6.0 (decent jog). Thinking tonight about 6.5 for the "level 5" and sticking with 2.8 for "level 1".
    I don't know how my cardio got to bad, every winter I kinda sit around and do nothing only to get back into heavy sports in summer. This winter I did weights instead of nothing and my lungs have never burned this much since I was in grade 7, running 8km for cross country on a cold fall morning.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    I do my treamill intervals at 4 mph walk and try to increase my running start by .2 every week. I now start my runs at about 6.6 (started at 6) and upping by .2 each interval. I think fastest I've gone is 7.2. Then walk at 4. Incline is 1%. My walk is always 4 but I could probably increase that too!

I try to mix up the cardio part - two weeks on the bike, two weeks on the treadmill. My bike only has 7 levels tho so I might do 6 twice before I hit 7. As I progress I might be doing 7 three or four times :laugh:
  • sleepyjen
    I run intervals outside--I love doing it. 2m run, 1m walk. I ran a little the other day. Sssh, don't tell--I'm not supposed to :)

Benched up to 50lbs today; 90 ever so briefly on the lat pulldown; 80 on the row; and a couple shoulder presses at 20.
  • Blueberry09
    Good work Jen? Are you benching with a barbell or dumbbells?

I would LOVE to run outside but I likely won't see pavement until May :cry:
  • Blueberry09
    4B this morning! I forgot how much I didn't like it :laugh:

I thought I would start off at the the same weights I ended 2 at but it didn't seem like enough. Could I possibly (GASP) be getting stronger??? :blushing:
  • ramalem
    At that speed, are you running/jogging the whole time?
    Yep, running the whole time. I get bored with the run walk, and love running so I just go for it :)

Not sure I'll be able to get anymore lifting in this week. Went snowboarding last night and am a bit sore and tired, so might just wait until next week and pick it back up. Hopefully that doesn't affect my weights any :)
  • sleepyjen
    I use the barbell. I'll do it again on Friday and the director of the athletic center at work is going to come down to check my form, since I get a twinge in the connective stuff between pec and shoulder. The muscles don't hurt but that does. It's always something! lol. but at least I'll get some help.

I got clearance today from the physical therapist to run a bit! whoooooo! not much, no more than a half a mile, but I'm excited to have that opening. Now I just need it to get about 30 windy degrees :) brrrrrrr.

Look at you, Blueberry, getting stronger! Wahoo!
  • terrie_k
    Upped my intervals to 3.0 rest and a 6.5 jog (Level 5). It didn't kill me like last time. I wonder if I was tired last time and my body was trying to tell me "no more" because I felt like I could've kept going and wasn't watching the time.

On a sadder note, got into a car accident this am. Back is a little sore so not sure if it is from accident or DOMS. I wanted to get one more WO in this week (tomorrow), dunno if it will happen now :(
  • Blueberry09
    Terrie that's horrible! I hope you're OK!

I know people say to do cardio last but I do my intervals as my warmup.
  • sleepyjen
    Oh no, Terrie! The accidents I've been in I've always felt the next day, kind of like DOMS. Take it easy, put your feet up, and let yourself heal. I hit a tree once when I was 17 and got some nasty whiplash, and then we were rear ended by a pickup after celebrating a birthday at my parents's, I was probably 25? And both times, the next day was achy and the stress just needed time to abate.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Hope you are ok Terrie! I agree with Jen, between the stress and the delayed soreness, you need to rest and take it easy for a day or two!
  • Blueberry09
    So much for getting stronger LOL I'm feeling major DOMS this morning from the raised deadlift yesterday. :grumble:
  • sleepyjen
    Well, you need the DOMS to get the strength, right? lol. I have DOMS today from physical therapy. She's building my adductors. My inner thighs are tired little muscles today. 40-odd minutes on the elliptical, anyway, so I can feel good about my girl's night out later!
  • sleepyjen
    The trainer at work told me to stop using the bench press, as I've strained my pec connecting thingies.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'd like the body I had at 22 back, please.

He said once it heals to use dumbbells and do the same motion, as it will allow for more freedom of motion than the rigidity of the barbell.

I need things to start healing rather than breaking! Good grief, lately!

Sorry for the rant :) Otherwise things are fine.
  • Blueberry09
    Poor Jen! It's harder to get stronger as it is. We don't need our bodies fighting us every step of the way!