Starting Nov 1

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    FIne! I could feel it--it didn't hurt but I knew it was there--at the end of the first 10 minutes of running (I always do a walk 1/run 2 interval, so this was 15 minutes in). I walked half an hour, and then ran 5 consecutive minutes, which I've never done before. I was so excited.

It's GORGEOUS today so I'm tempted to run again this afternoon, but don't want to push my luck. Maybe just a walk.
  • sleepyjen
    I finished making roman shades today; I installed one last night and one today. Totally beat. I think it should count as exercise, particularly the up-and-downstairs tool fetching and the cleaning up afterwards :)
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Definitely Jen! It's days like that I like my fitbit :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    A very good point! I've thought about getting one, but I"m cheap :)

We're throwing a huge shindig on Friday. I have to grade like a madwoman before that, but Friday should be fun. I'm planning on getting to the gym today to lift (arms) again, using dumbbells instead of the bar for benching; run/walking tomorrow morning; elliptical Wednesday (rain!); lifting Thursday. Friday'll be too crazy to do anything.
  • Blueberry09
    Is your shindig at home or the office? Either way sounds like fun :)

I plan to finish off Stage 4 this week! Tues and Thurs will be my lift days. This morning was supposed to be a cardio day but with the time change it felt so much better to just stay in bed LOL I just try not to do that too often - it could easily become a habit :laugh:

We are going to Denver for the weekend - although there will be a lot of walking involved there will also be lots of food and drink to offset it.

Anyone know offhand how long stage 6 is? I'm going to count back from my next vacation in May to see when I should start Stage 5 :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Home! I was granted tenure this month, so we're having a celebration.

Good for you, looking ahead to six. I'm almost considering starting over at 1, doing it for a shorter time, then launching into 2 again. Someday :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Morning ladies!

So glad to hear you're getting back into the running Jen! And yay for Bellingham, I went to school there :) I also agree about the fitbit, I'm far too cheap. Hope your shindig was fun Jen.

Blue - I am going to finish stage 3 this week... lifting days today and Wednesday. Are you taking all next week off? I'm thinking since my last lift is mid week, I might just start up Monday again with Stage 4. I attempted Stage 6 in prepping for my wedding last summer (if I remember right, it's a lot of arm/back work) and actually ended up hurting myself haha.) I think that I should have just waited, the workouts leading up really help to build strength. I just looked at my book and its 10 workouts. You can also skip this part too the book says as its a total strength building stage, not anything for fat loss... I haven't really felt any fat loss throughout this whole thing soooo haha :)
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    So far ahead.. I'm just hoping to finish stage 2 this week. I am such a slacker lately :)

The outlet I think is technically in Palm Desert.. maybe? Either way, totally worth trip out to!
  • sleepyjen
    No time for gym today! Where do the hours go lately? Egads1
  • Blueberry09
    congrats on the tenure Jen - that's awesome :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: And definitely worth celebrating (and not logging LOL)

I'm such a planner LOL I leave on my Palm Springs vacation (cannot wait to hit that mall!) May 16 so working backwards I'd have to start Stage 6 April 24. There would be a pretty big gap between Stage 5 and 6 (or a huge gap between 4 and 5) so I think what I'm going to do is start Stage 5 March 19 and finish it by the first weekend in April. I will take a full week off and instead of doing 10 workouts of stage 6 I will do 14 which will take me to my departure date :smile: As it sounds like it's a lot of upper body work I'm sure it won't hurt me to do a few extra workouts. Alternatively I could always add one or two to stage 5 as well. Lots of options :smile: I will be happy to be done with Stage 4!

I'm not really sure I've lost any fat either. I have one of those hand held BF% readers but I'm not sure how much I trust it. It is reading lower but it's never really been consistent so I'm not sure I believe it. My clothes fit pretty much the same and my weight seems to be fluctuating at a lower number so who knows? :noway: My hubby says I look thinner but I don't see it.
  • ramalem
    Yay Jen, great news! Congrats.

I am not looking forward to stage 4 at all... but alas, I'm almost there. I don't feel any different. I think after this week I'm going to take measurements just for fun.

Well Stage 3 workout A is in the books. Pushed it real hard today (upped almost all my weights) and got my BWM down a whole minute since the first one yay! I'm gonna finish B this Wednesday then on to 4.
  • sleepyjen
    Thanks!!

Terrible insomnia/misbehaving cats last night. 5.5 hours sleep. Should be some kind of day today!
  • Blueberry09
    Time change is what's getting me! It feels like 4:30 when the alarm goes off :yawn: I think I was yawning during my bike ride this morning too. It's always so hard to get used to this one!
  • ramalem
    Losing that hour is brutal!

I am having some serious DOMS today. Feels good though to know I pushed it yesterday and was totally able to do it!

Have a great day ladies.
  • Blueberry09
    Ramalem, you did your last 3A yesterday? I did my last 4A today :smile:

I didn't like Stage 2 or 4 - I much preferred 3 so I'm looking forward to 5 and then changing it up again for 6.

Not sure what I'm going to do when it's all done - thru the summer I'll likely only lift 2 days as weekends are spent at the lake. I'll probably do the BWM on the days inbetween lifting. One day BWM and the next day all the ab work in addition to cardio of course! I'll just pick a good mix of the exercises thru the stages to make a 45 min workout and alternate I guess. Lots of options!
  • ramalem
    Yep last 3A! I'm really not looking forward to 4 - but I guess there is always 5. I'm not sure what I'll do after either. I might actually move to strong lifts for a little bit to try and build up my strength more or do a Jamie Eason plan, although her's require MUCH more of a time commitment than NROL. I might switch gears a bit and start running more too... who knows!
  • Blueberry09
    As soon as all the snow melts I want to be out there running too! Supposed to be above freezing all week so hopefully soon!
  • sleepyjen
    Between the sleepy and the work I didn't get to yesterday needing getting done today, no run for me. I've gone three or four days w/o exercise. Feels so weird! I also haven't done PT in three days. Gotta make a point of that later.

You could always pick up "supercharged," blue, and make your own workouts.
  • Blueberry09
    I'm assuming that's a book? You had the Rules for Life for a bit - how did that seem as something to do?
  • Blueberry09
    I was reading the daily chat thread and there was a lady in her 70s asking about lifting! I want to be her in 22 years! From what the other ladies recommended it sounds like the NR4L will work out perfectly for me. They say it's written for people in their 50s - I'm not quite there yet but close enough! Too close for comfort LOL