Starting Nov 1

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Sucks when colds don't go away!

I ordered both Supercharged and NROL4lLife today! Looking forward to life after 4women :smile: I was reading the Supercharged thread and it's intriguing to me that you can create your own program. Hubby may start it too although he can't seem to stay on an exercise schedule very well!
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    I think 4Life is similar--you choose from the exercises. It's on a shelf now...

I should probably order my own 4women--I eventually had to return my copy to the library.

I'm torn about when to start lifting again, since I've been losing weight regularly since I stopped and am 2.5 pounds from my original goal. I know the scale's not everything--it's almost nothing--but still, you know how it goes. Thoughts?
  • mayaysf
    mayaysf Posts: 70 Member
    Hi ladies... snow huh... I must admit I miss it, living in Florida for the past year or so, and 2 years in the desert, oh man do I miss the cold!!!

So yesterday I came across the Strong Curves free sample and completely fell in love with it (I love the idea of a perfect butt). Some of the exercises are exactly as the ones in nrol4w so I'm planning on just choosing the ones that are different and incorporate them evenly on the workouts A and B. They might end up a little bit longer, but I think it will be worth it.

I decided to finish my last Insanity workouts (2 left YAY) and immediately after, re-start the nrol4w.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Sorry about the snow blue - funny story it snowed here on Thursday night for like 10 minutes and I almost lost it. Isn't it almost April?

Jen - really hoping you can finally kick your cold! I also hear you on the lifting/not losing weight. It's something I've struggled with too. When I was just doing cardio (with a few weights here and there) I lost weight, but as soon as I started weight lifting I stopped losing weight and even gained a few points :( But I told myself that I would make it through the series before I decided to just do cardio to see results. Now that I'm pregnant, losing weight obviously isn't something I want to do, so I'm just going to keep up with lifting. I really think it just boils down to how weight lifting makes you feel (this is what my hubs always tells me anyway). If it makes you feel good then keep it up, but if losing weight and not makes you feel better, then go for it!

Maya - keep us posted on the Strong Curves, sounds interesting!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Just popping in.

My computer hasn't been able to access MFP the past few days, it wouldn't work for Amazon either (my purchase of a BSB CD will have to wait).

Congrats Ramalem and welcome Mary!

Stage 3 begins tonight.
  • sleepyjen
    I feel great doing it, ramalem, but also love the idea of hitting my goal. I think I''m sort of stuck in my own head.

Hey, good to see you, Terrie!
  • terrie_k
    I was reading through the thread quickly before.

Mary = Maya or May, not too sure :)

How long does it take for a Stage 3 routine? Although with intervals in stage 2, I was finding it wasn't much longer in B than A. I also didn't break between abs until the three were done.

Super excited for not doing any more deadlifts (I did see romanian ones but still..). I know some women feel empowered by the amount they can lift, but I am still paranoid about injury with them. As I get tired, my form isn't great I don't think.

Jen - I think you need to looks at what would make you happier in the end. Remember that no one looks at the scale but people do look at you (that is what I tell myself about my 0 weight loss).
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Terrie I think both A and B were reasonable - the BW matrix adds on some time, but I could only ever get through one of them, they are brutal. I would say you should expect to complete A in about 45-50 and B in about 50-60
  • sleepyjen
    I know you're right, Terrie. First I need to find the energy to do more than lie on the couch :) There's sunshine and NOT freezing today and I haven't gone out. I haven't exercised in nearly two weeks, between a crazy work week followed by ill.

I was looking at Strong Curves online. Sounds similar to NROLW. I'd love to find a program that never takes more than 45 minutes :)
  • Blueberry09
    Before I left for Denver I was about 2lbs away from my lowest low - I think I have to attribute it to lifting as I wasn't getting there doing what I was doing before. Although I'd love to hit my goal, right now, for me, body comp is more important.

I've been feeling out of sorts this week not lifting! Looking forward to starting stage 5 on Monday!
  • sleepyjen
    I'm totally impressed you're at stage 5!

Have you guys ever heard of stitch fix? I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. if i do, i'll post a referral link here so if you choose to try it I'll get a credit. I love free things. :)

The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is that I had a "OMG I need spring!" shopping lark on mod cloth this week. I ordered three dresses. Oops. I claim I'll only be keeping one. I'm hoping two don't fit.

I got these three:
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/you-are-cherry-welcome-dress
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/tri-it-on-dress
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/flowers-on-end-dress-in-blanc

I don't know that the first will fit my chest or that the last won't make me look like I'm wearing sofa fabric. Bwah ah ah.
  • Blueberry09
    I know, eh? :laugh: I'm quite proud of myself for sticking with it.

I've never heard of stitch fix - what is it?

Those dresses are adorable - and very springy! If I wore dresses more often I'd get the first one! Uh oh, I just noticed they ship to Canada! Time to go look at more :bigsmile:
  • sleepyjen
    I'm trying to become more of a dress person, as when a dress fits well I feel like a hot tamale.

So at stitch fix you fill out this elaborate questionnaire about your style preferences, and then a stylist picks out five things for you every month. These things ship to you and you have three days to decide whether you want to keep them or not, and if you don't they go back free. The service is $20/each time, but if you keep stuff it's a credit towards your order. If you keep all five, you get 25% off the box. AND if you use a referral from someone else, they get $25 credit.

http://stitchfix.com

I'm stylistically impaired, so this sounds like a good plan. My other hesitation is my shrinking self.
  • Blueberry09
    Sounds interesting! I never know what looks good on me either. Dresses especially - smaller on the top and bigger hips - I can never get them to fit. Maybe if I continue lifting my proportions will fall into place better. At least I'm hoping so :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    A girl can dream. I'm short, but curvy like a taller person, so finding stuff that fits is also a challenge.
  • sleepyjen
    I returned to running today, sort of. It was hardly triumphant :) I ran six minutes but was coughing up so much yack I had to just walk the rest of the way. Oh well--better than nothing!
  • Blueberry09
    It's a start!
  • mayaysf
    mayaysf Posts: 70 Member
    I returned to running today, sort of. It was hardly triumphant :) I ran six minutes but was coughing up so much yack I had to just walk the rest of the way. Oh well--better than nothing!
    oh thats a good start, i always says "something" is better than "nothing". your body is working out and fighting a cold.
    i used to get a cold every other week, someone would sneeze next to me and next day i'd be burning in fever, i just realized that since i started working out in january, i havent even sneezed once... i like to think that my body is getting stronger at fighting viruses :)
  • terrie_k
    Ok. I posted in the sage 3 board but lost of those are dead.
    Why light weight for the single leg Romanian deadlift? Is 20 lb per hand too much?

I liked 3A but so long and I didn't feel like I did much until the body weight matrix (omg!). The squats were awkward too, I felt like I was leaning to the side in order to get don't fully. Sore today, really sore.
  • sleepyjen
    I think I'm going to grab NROLW tomorrow at the lib and go to the gym. I'll do two weeks of Stage 1 to rebuild, then start stage 2.

I've eaten all the food this weekend :)

And I do think there's something to be said, May, for exercise have some immune-boosting impact.