Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the cars, ladies! Our car's now nearly 6 but we bought it brand-new--first brand-new car we ever had. It was pretty exciting.

I am sending back the floral one, Terrie, and keeping the cherry. I can't wait until the red sandals come in :)

I never thought about holding a plate with arms extended doing those, Terrie, but now I will know to watch myself for somersaults! Yikes! :) Glad you're ok. My ego is usually what suffers the most when I do stuff like that.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Did my second A of stage 5 today and pretty much upped the weight on everything. My hubby had to come check on me because he was hearing all the grunting and groaning :bigsmile: It is so much tougher than B. Stage 3 ladies, do you agree? Still can only do one BWM - I think I would fall over from exhaustion if I tried the second:sick:

We are heading to a buffet tonight for nieces birthday dinner. Wouldn't have been my choice of restaurants but what can you do? I will have lots of fresh veggies and build your own salad. Add some non-smothered protein and I should have enough room for dessert :love: It's still fruit even though it's been drowned in the chocolate fountain, right? :wink:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, Blue!

My knees are a little twingy today so I decided against the lift I had planned. Better slow and steady than overdoing it and ending up where I was.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    So to my great sadness, my knee still twinges this morning. Being the stubborn mule I am, I lifted anyway--1A, mostly light stuff. Pain in the knee in the squats. I was so incredibly angry and sad. I powered through, but I don't know what I should do. Take a week off? Then only lift and not run for a while? The problem started after I ran a solid 20 minutes out of my 52 minute run/walk. Grrrrrrrumble. Your thoughts?

Also, I'm thinking of sending that cherry dress back. I'm afraid I won't really wear it much. I might get this instead, but I dunno. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/working-wonders-dress

Feeling bleak-ish! Hope you're all well!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your knee trouble (again!) Jen! Can you take a day or two and try lifting again? If you think it's the running that's agrivating it, then maybe try the eliptical or the bike for cardio and see how it goes. Life imposes enough limitations on our workouts - it's hard when our bodies to it to us too!

Dinner Saturday night was OK - I pretty much stuck to my plan except there were a few deep fried things thrown in there and an unexpected trip to the Sundae bar :bigsmile: I did have lots of fruit (albeit dipped in chocolate :smile: ) I neve know how to account for things like that. A while ago I created my own quick add calories with macros added in. 15%P 50%C and 35%F. I figure it couldn't be that far off. There's never anything pure protein on buffets anyways LOL They're always covered in some kind of sauce that's probably 100% fat>

Did 2B this morning - still not liking it much.

HOpe everyone has a great week!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Didn't get a weekend workout in, wasn't feeling so hot :grumble: but I plan on going today at lunch to do 2B then I'll be halfway through stage 4 yay! Had a pretty ok weekend as far as eating goes, nothing too out of control. I will say not drinking really helps the calories not add up!

Congrats on the cars ladies!

Jen - sorry about your knee. So frustrating.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy. It is frustrating.

I think I'll take today clear off--it's not hurting now, in contrast to yesterday AM when it hurt right out of bed--and only do my PT. I'll try to get a walk in tomorrow (right now we have SNOW, if you can believe it, but it'll be 60 tomorrow!) and then lift again on Wednesday sometime and see how it goes. I think I'll stop running for now. Sad, but I think it's the best choice.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Ramalem! That first trimester is tough stuff.
  • mayaysf
    mayaysf Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So I had a good weekend. Worked out Saturday and Sunday. Saturday last day my current schedule and Sunday as first day of the new schedule I'm trying out, will be something like Sunday/ Tuesday or Wednesday/Friday...
    I did the workout B on Sunday hoping that the gym would be empty and I could figure out better the layout and the exercises, but NOPE, the gym was FULL when I went, and full in my favorite area :( so I just "man up" and did it anyways. I could swear I looked like a headless chicken going from one side to the other, moving bars and barbells and steppers, and what not. Conclusion: it was still a confusing mess... I just decided to give up, there's no way I'll like workout B ever and never as much as A. I wont even bother anymore trying to move things around, I'll use whatever area is available in any order.
    For some reason I always get more DOMS from workout Bs, I'm guessing because I have a weaker upper body strength. Or today might be because I did 2 workouts one after the other?

I felt quite discouraged though because I felt I was gaining weight, felts bloated and my belly going back to its original size, so I wanted to go back to Insanity on my non-lift days, but with this soreness and an out of town visit from today till Wednesday, I doubt I will fit in any cardio. We'll see, hopefully will feel better by the end of the week and start a steady cardio + lifting routine.

@sleepyjen- I still loved the cherry dress more :) I'm sorry you will have to stop running for now... hopefully you will feel so much better now :)

And glad that all the other ladies had a good weekend :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    For some reason I always get more DOMS from workout Bs,

Just wait till you hit Stages 3 & 5 :bigsmile: Workout B is nothing compared to A! If I remember 2&4 correctly (how soon we forget!) I think I liked A better there too.

May, I think you'll find the longer you keep at it the bloating and soreness will go away. It may seem like you're gaining but I'll bet in a few weeks you'll notice your clothes are fitting different.

Rama - I hear you on the no-alcohol saving calories :smile: I was never a really big drinker but I do miss my drinks! Now I just have to pick my battles ... uh, I mean occassions to drink :bigsmile:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    So I have a dilemma - a buffet dilemma. We went to a buffet on the weekend for hubby's niece's birthday. It was OK - $23 pp. Reasonable for the amount I eat - hubby gets his (and my) money's worth eating all the seafood :smile: So for Easter they like to go for bruch at a buffet place that's $39 pp! I've refused to go the last couple of occasions because I just won't get my money's worth. I think that's a ridiculous amount to spend on a buffet! Granted the food is amazing with a lot better selection that the $23 buffet but I still think it's crazy! That and I don't particularly enjoy spending time with his family (we've been together 29 years - this is nothing new).

Question - would you suck it up and go (it's also for hubby's birthday which is the week following Easter) or stand your ground and not go. It's not that we can't afford to go (we can) but I just find it really hard to justify spending that much money on food I'm not going to eat - no matter how good it is. When we go out for a 'nice' dinner that's usually our tab including drinks!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Blue - my husband and I (only dating at the time) went to a crazy expensive brunch at some fancy hotel in Texas a few years back... I believe it was around $39/person. I did not want to go, like you I couldn't justify spending that much money on a buffet brunch. BUT my mother in law really wanted to go, and it seemed important to her so we went. It was delicious food, had a few mimosas... still annoyed it was so expensive though. :grumble:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I hear you! Even when I was eating everything in sight I thought $39 was way too much for a buffet and I got sucked in many times.

My Inlaws (hubby's mother, sister and niece) always have to have the best of everything. $500 hand bags, designer clothes etc so it's no surprise at their choice of restaurants (can I just add without sounding too catty that none of them can really afford all that). While I could afford a $500 bag, I'd rather spend $50 on the bag and the rest towards a trip or 10-15 pairs of pants and matching shirts. Or better yet, sink it into my home gym LOL. I think that's part of my issue with them - the pretentiousness of it all! They're always asking questions about diet and weight loss but they're also the type of people who always have an excuse as to why it won't work for them (even though they each could lose a few lbs (more like 60) --- meow!!!). I'll answer if they ask but I don't push it. It's really not an enjoyable outing.

I think I'll just tell them my family is having brunch that day. And then I'll sit at home in my PJs eating chocolate :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Mmmm chocolate.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Mmm pajamas.

Inlaws are tough. My MIL and FIL are great people but similarly made excuses for years about why they couldn't lose weight even as it became a serious health issue for them (FIL had liver transplant). Their house was FULL of snacks. We'd go over and be offered food all day long and back when I first lost this weight (hurrah, twice now!) it was an argument every time I turned them down. It was really irritating. They're much better now, but man, that was tough.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Enough about inlaws - back to workouts LOL

Today was my cardio day so I did 30 min of intervals on the treadmill and then I did my BWM - SOOOO much easier when you haven't spent all your energy lifting. I also managed to get thru it twice! My best time was 3:23 - a full 90sec off my first one in Stage 5. I think my very first one in stage 3 was closer to 6 minutes. I think I will continue to do it this way as it will also cut some time off workout A.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Damn blue! I can't even imagine completing that thing in 3:23 you're a beast! I'll have to check with my Dr. on that as I don't think I should be jumping... good thing I have my Dr. Appt. next Monday - I have A TON of questions for her :)

Really hoping I can make it to the gym today. I brought crackers today to try and help with the nausea so we'll see, keep your fingers crossed for me! In other news, it's supposed to be sunny and 60 today! YAY spring. Mind you this is only supposed to last until Thursday haha.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd actually call it jumping LOL My feet are coming off the floor but not very high :bigsmile: In the lunge jump I jump back to the start position. I haven't quite mastered landing into the next lunge. And I'm sure my form on these is U.G.L.Y!! They're sure effective tho!

Yeah, jumping might not be best for you at this point :wink: But I don't think you should get off scott free - no m'aam! You need to do 48 of each - 2 sets of 24 :laugh: I'm sure a pregnancy belly would add a whole different dimension to a squat LOL You might need to wear depends :laugh:

Seriously tho, I hope the Dr gives you the OK to do moderate workouts. I have a ton of questions for her too LOL I get to live vicariously thru you :smile: I hope the nausea subsides soon. And YAY for nice weather - we might actually hit freezing today - which is almost tropical after the winter we've had!
  • ramalem
    Options
    I think the rule of thumb is do what you were doing before. I've started wearing an HRM to make sure I'm not going over 150 bpm. The reality is, working out makes me feel so much better. If I don't workout my lower back kills, so there is a bright side. They say squats are great for pregnant women, something about that being the way women actually used to give birth (no thanks). I fully expect to slightly pee my pants several times throughout this journey hahaha. I do think that's a good compromise though if I can't do the squat/lunge jumps. And yes, the belly will add a whole new dimension.

I haven't gained any weight yet, which I call a mini success. I think you're only supposed to gain 1-2 lbs in your first trimester.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for warmer weather for you Blue!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    The Strong Curves book talks about pregnancy and pelvic floor muscles; and indeed, I learned from the midwife I brought in for women's history month that the lying back position is evidently the least comfortable for many women, and squats/stools were most common for years, until the arrival of obstetrical MDs.

Got into the gym tonight; I was short on time and didn't want pinchy knees, so I did 2 sets of 10 reps rather than 3. My knees were great in the deadlifts, pinchy in lunges. Le sigh. Maybe I'll find something to do besides lunges. I'm supposed to do them for PT anyway, but I think my knee is rotating or something so I should probably keep it to PT, w/o weights or time urgency.

In other news, I did help a young woman in there with her lifting :) She was deadlifting badly (legs straight, back curved) so I went over and asked her if this was her first time and it was and offered my help. Squat down, keep it over your toes, roll up your leg, squeeze your butt and abs and press through the hips! She seemed grateful and I was grateful to not see an 18 yo kid throw her back out :) I felt like an old pro! hahaha.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Pro or not, it's nice you were able to provide some guidance :smile:

I had another one of those nights waking up at 2 and still awake at 4! ARGHHH! It's no fun when the alarm goes off at 5:30 - so I slept in - again! I was supposed to do my third A this morning - I guess tomorrow morning is just as good :smile: