Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Good work Jen! I often wonder if I should offer advice to people, but I never end up doing it :)

Sorry you didn't sleep well Blue, hopefully you'll get some good rest tonight!

Had a bit of a scare after my workout yesterday, so I'm going to lay off the weights until I see my Dr. on Monday and just concentrate on getting some long walks in (although of course the weather is turning to crap on Thursday :grumble: ). I don't think it's anything to worry about but I'm not willing to chance it just to get a few workouts in.

Happy Hump Day Ladies!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Had a bit of a scare after my workout yesterday, so I'm going to lay off the weights until I see my Dr. on Monday and just concentrate on getting some long walks in (although of course the weather is turning to crap on Thursday :grumble: ). I don't think it's anything to worry about but I'm not willing to chance it just to get a few workouts in.

Oh that's not good! Definitely more important to keep baby safe. Hopefully the weather change won't last long and you can get back walking again. It's supposed to snow here again today :explode: And I'm supposed to pick up my new car tonight :smile: :smile: :smile: Hubby will probably insist on driving me to work the next couple of days so it doesn't get dirty :laugh:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Eeek, ramalem! I hope you're given a clean bill of health and all's well.

I woke up at 430 and was up for quite a while--I'd had just enough sleep for my brain to wake up and the wheels to get rolling....I have no idea when i fell back asleep but it was probably at least an hour.

Sorry about the snow! It's supposed to crack 60 today. Break out the bathing suits and the lawn chairs!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    60s sound heavenly! And that's exactly what Canadians do at that temp LOL

Heard from the dealership - my car's been delayed another day :sad:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Aww, sad! it'll be here soon, though.

Ours goes in for its 60k tuneup and new brakes on Friday. Today we filled the oil tank. Goodbye dollars!
  • ramalem
    Options
    That sucks Blue. We just had to take our older one in for a brake issue... Les Schwab supposedly fixed the breaks a few months ago, hopefully the issue is still under warranty. Damn cars!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Necessary evils, they are LOL Especially in this climate! We have beautiful summers but I don't want to be walking anywhere in the winter :noway:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Definitely necessary evils. As I always say, it sucks being a grown-up. :laugh:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    My husband and I share one car, so at least we only spend so much $$ on the necessary evils. This week, though, I found myself pining for my own wheels as I was stuck at work until 730 or so waiting for him to get out!
  • ramalem
    Options
    I would be waiting A LOT if my hubs and I shared a car. No way no how ha ha.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    lol. We're used to it. We've only had two cars once, briefly, before our old car's transmission froze and that was that.

Scale was up a pound and a half this morning. I know it reflects the wine I had last night and over the weekend, salty food, and the fact that I'm lifting again and probably holding a bit of water, but still--I hate seeing that number go up, esp since it moved me out of the 120s and into the 130s :grumble:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the scale Jen. My scale fluctuates like that on a daily basis yet I still haven't really figured out what triggers it - and I've been tracking for 3 years! It doesn't bother me anymore but I sure wish I could understand it! If I could pinpoint the pattern, I could find the solution! It sucks worse when you're into that next higher 10lb number! I've been trying to dip into the 140s forever - did it once. I tend to hover around the 151-152 mark. I'm hoping lifting will get me down there! To stay!

We've done the one vehicle thing for years but it's sure nice having my own.

Did 3A this morning - wasn't as effective as usual - Mother Nature kept pulling me away LOL I may just add one more A at the end to make up for it :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    My lift went well this morning! No pain. I did 3 sets of 10 squats, using 35 lbs--still keeping it light. 60 lb rows (I was up to 80 at one point but was totally cheating by leaning and pulling back--60lbs is tough with proper form!), 20 lb step ups (each hand), added 3 sets of 10 hip thrusts, and instead of jackknifes, 60 crunches.

I think I'll stick with stage 1 for a few more weeks to get the weight back up.

I'm totally bloated today, so I suppose that probably has something to do with the weight fluctuation as well. Next week's that TOM, but I'm on the pill so my body shouldn't react this early--yet somehow it often does :)
  • ramalem
    Options
    Jen - sorry about the scale. That's so frustrating. I usually hover between 149-151. It's really annoying to go between those two numbers for me ha ha. Since I've stopped drinking I've actually lost a pound so I'm currently sitting at 150, can't imagine I'll see that number again for awhile :laugh: Yay for a good lift this AM. Such great news.

Blue - You can do it! (get into the 140's that is).
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I picked up my car last night and drove it to work this morning :bigsmile: It's really nice! I will try to take a picture of it sometime this weekend.

Just a cardio day today (and BWM). My HRM is still giving me issues - definitely time for a new one. The buttons are getting harder to push so when I thought I had turned it on I didn't :cry: It was registering the HR but not the time so no burn at the end. Very frustrating!

Does anyone have big plans for the weekend? We're supposed to hit 6 or 7C (maybe about 40-45F?). Definitely nice enough to barbeque :laugh: The steak is marinating as we speak :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sweet, blue! I dropped ours off at 730 this morning and then walked home. I had few other options and hey, my exercise for the day is done! I could feel my knee a bit--it didn't hurt, but was a tad uncomfortable, so I didn't push it with a lot of speed or anything. It was just a hair under 3mi.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Blue - it's practically a heat wave for you woo hoo! Yay for a new car, I would love to see a pic.

Jen - Great walk!

I still haven't worked out since Wednesday - slowly feeling like I'm turning into a lazy slug. Can't wait until Monday to get the Dr's ok to go back to it (hopefully!) No plans this weekend other than trying to get some house projects done and probably watching Final Four basketball per hubbies request. What about you ladies?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'm supposed to be at a conference that's 75 minutes away from 9-5 tomorrow. Groan. I'm on the board and thus really kind of have to go. Do not want.

Sunday I'll be playing catchup. Today my FIL is over and he and my husband are building bookcases. It's kind of too noisy to be productive. Sunday will be usual Friday :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    How's the weekend? My conference was better than expected and I have eaten all the food. Tasty.

No time to exercise today, but lifting tomorrow. Hope all's well!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Did my third B this morning. I really don't find it effective - except for those YTWLs. Those are tough! I'm sure the program was designed a certain way but it seems odd that one is always so much harder than the other. You'd think they'd be better balanced but what do I know :wink:

One more workout of each and then I'm on to stage 6!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :drinker: