Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I fell off the wagon big time this weekend and gave into quite a few cravings, but scale didn't budge this morning so I'll take it! I really need to clean up my eating and stop using the "I'm pregnant excuse." I also didn't work out nearly enough last week, but I'm just so tired all the time working out is the last thing I want to be doing.

As far as macro's go, I used to pay closer attention, but I don't really anymore. I always go over on my carbs, mostly due to the amount of fruit I consume, but usually stay right under where I need to be for proteins and fats. I am also a meat fan, but also really love fish and seafood.

Hoping to get some exercise in this week. It's going to be sunny today and rain the rest of the week, so I'm going to opt for an afternoon walk and then try and get to the gym tomorrow during lunch as well as Thursday.

Have a great Monday ladies!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Rama, has the doc told you how much you should expect to gain? I can imagine how the cravings would wreak havoc - I know what it's like during TOM. Your's is going to last a heck of a lot longer :bigsmile: I can see where working out would be the last thing on your list. Even walks are better than nothing!

We were going to go walking this morning at 5:30 but it's still pretty dark out there - and below freezing this morning too! They were saying over the weekend we're over 10 degrees UNDER our average for this time of year. Feels like spring will never get here. Not sure whether to :grumble: or :sad:

Happy Monday!
  • ramalem
    Options
    She didn't mention a specific amount, but since my BMI is right around 24 - the general consensus is to stay between 25-30. If I gain more, oh well, but I'd like to do everything in my control to make this a healthy pregnancy. I won't beat myself up over gaining a few extra if it happens that way. I think the first 3 months are the worst as hormones are just all over the place.

Blue, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for better weather for you. We've been lucky the past few days with good weather, but it's going downhill fast starting tomorrow.
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    24! I haven't seen that number in a while :) Years, even. I think you're right not to sweat it too badly. How much weight should you gain over the course of a pregnancy? I have no idea.

Lifted today, then out with some colleagues tonight. I had two beers and a handful of french fries. Over for the day, but not sweating it. I don't go out that often.

The scale dropped below 130 today, which I was glad to see. We'll see if/when it gets much lower, but I'm happy if it stays under that 130. If I hit 127, my BMI will drop from "overweight" to "normal." I don't put a lot of faith in that number, but I'd still be fine seeing it :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I'm not sure where my BMI is either. I think it's around the 24 range. I don't put much stock in it either. I'd really like to get my BF% to the 25 range. That seems to be harder than it should be. So I continue to plug away! Although I was so tired I slept in this morning :smile: I'm not sure why I'm so tired - I've been sleeping well - I just hope I'm not coming down with something!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Jen, congrats on the scale drop! BMI doesn't really mean anything to me either, in fact I read an article on the NY Times yesterday about how BMI is a bad indicator of health. Their example was Arnold Schwarzenegger in his weight lifting days. His BMI was crazy off the charts for obesity, but clearly he was not obese.

Blue, sorry you're so tired. I'm in a constant state of being tired these days and in fact am going to skip lifting again today and hope to squeeze one in tomorrow then one on Friday.

I've been trying to set more realistic goals for myself in terms of working out. I have decided to let myself go down to 2 days a week lifting for now as it just seems more reasonable for me. I also want to include just a cardio day at the gym whether that be elliptical, bike or treadmill. Additionally, any day I'm not working out I am aiming to get at least 30 minutes of walking in... we'll see how I do with that :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Jen - forgot to add congrats on breaking 130! That's awesome! I've been trying to break 150 for over a year - April 10 last year was the last time I broke thru.

I checked what MFP had for my BMI - it's 23.5. You're right, Rama, BMI isn't always a great indicator of obesity but it's a good test to apply to the average Joe at the Drs office. I was well into the overweight range when I started.

At least you have an excuse for being tired Rama :smile: I'm not sure what mine is - I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant! At least I better not be :noway: Maybe I'm just in a funk because the weather has been so crappy. They're calling for snow again today :grumble:

I think even if you manage to get a walk in every other day with an occassional lift you'll be doing very well! Has the doc got you eating at maintenance? Or do you get a few extra calories?
  • ramalem
    Options
    I'm eating at maintenance for another month and then I get to add 200 calories in the 2nd trimester and 300 in the 3rd. Seems like a lot to me!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    300 cals is a mini cup of haagendaaz :laugh: Totally do-able! think of the calcium :wink:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Good point!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I've been going over by 300 with some frequency this week :) I could use your extra calories!

I left my gym bag at home today b/c I expected to have no time at all, but it turns out my evening students botched their assignment list and I'll be done with lots of time to spare and because of the one car, no option to leave. Rats. Wish I had that gym bag now!

thanks for the congrats! i broke the 130 a few weeks ago but have been hovering over it ever since (TOM, etc.). After last night's pair of pints, I bet it's back over today!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That sucks Jen! Can you still go for a walk around the campus or something to kill the time?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    pouring today! no worries--home now!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Snowing here :sad:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Here too. there's an icy snow layer on everything. :explode:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    The sun is shining this morning but it's still below freezing - and there's a layer of ice on everything. The roads were good tho!

I really have to get out of this funk! I slept in AGAIN this morning! I think I might just have to do some sort of workout this weekend just to catch up. We're having Easter dinner tomorrow night at my sister's so there's no way I should sleep in tomorrow! Gotta burn some calories to eat all that yummy food (not to mention dessert!)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I ran out of time to go to the gym today. it's becoming a thing. Boo! I could get off the couch and go for a walk but I'm beat. I need to sleep in like you, blue...
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    But when I sleep in I get no workout done! I'm just not an evening exerciser - I like to park myself in front of the TV when I get home :smile: I don't usually feel too guilty about it when I exercise in the morning. It's not even nice enough to go for a walk after dinner :angry: Maybe I'll start Stage 6 on Saturday instead of Monday.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    My mom was telling me she's starting stage 3 this week. I was a tiny bit envious, but then I remembered how much I love stage 1 and will stay there forever.

I am thinking I will at least stay there until I can squat and deadlift 100lbs each. Maybe.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    well I got my butt out of bed this morning and rode the bike. I think I tweaked my knee last week doing one of the weighted squats :cry: I rode for 40 min and it started to twinge near the end. I started the BWM and it was twinging even more! Here I was so proud of myself for making it thru without injury! Jen, I think it's similar to what you have. I had it once before a couple of years ago doing the 30 Day Shred. It went away over time but it took a long time. Stage 6 is mostly upper body so I'll just take it easy on anything to do with legs and hope it's better by the time Stage 7 rolls around.

So it snowed again last night :grumble: And is still snowing - big fluffy flakes. Very pretty but I've about had enough already!! The roads are terrible. People forget how to drive in snow after just a few weeks of decent weather.

Tonight we're off to my sister's for turkey and all the trimmings. Yummy :bigsmile: Now I'm looking on the bright side :smile: