Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I raked instead of lifting today and then we went to see Captain America. Good times! Now I need to grade...
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    We went for a walk after dinner tonight. There's still lots of water on the sidewalks from the melting snow but it was still nice to get outside. We are supposed to hit mid-teens (hi 60s) on Tuesday. It will feel like summer! Hopefully it will melt all the snow! Pretty soon the sun will be up by 5:30 and I can start running outside again on my non lifting days. Can't wait :laugh:
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Back from Vegas and hopefully back to workouts soon. My schedule is starting to get tight.. Might have to start waking up earlier.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    high 60s!

I raked some of the yard out yesterday--our yard was landscaped around the edges when we moved in but we've kind of let it get overblown with leaves. Every spring I clean it back out and every fall it's a mess again. Good exercise, I suppose!

I hope the trip went well, Terrie!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Welcome back Terrie - hope you had a good time!

I finished my last 5A today! Although I may sneak one more in on Friday and then take a full week off before starting stage 6 on the 21st. That will take me right to my vacation in May :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was semi-productive and got a long walk in which felt really good. We're supposed to hit highs 60's today! Of course it's going to get back down to the 50's and rain tomorrow, I better get out and enjoy it.

Jen- How was Cpt. America? I've heard really good things. I did a lot of raking a few weeks ago, good workout for sure!

Blue- So nice to feel "summer again". Enjoy it! Look at you cruising through the workouts. So impressed!

Terrie- Welcome back!

Had my Dr. appt today and got my first ultrasound. Totally trippy to hear the little peanuts heart beating SO fast. All appears to be well, and the Dr. did not seem overly concerned about my issue last Wednesday. She did say lower weights, more reps... so I think I'll just half my weight and go from there. Something is better than nothing right???
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    How cool you got to hear the hearbeat :love: The little peanut - love it! Are you going to find out the gender beforehand or do you want to be surprised?

Hubby's just be diagnosed with a bladder infection - doc told him no more exercise until it heals. Looks like there will be a few more after dinner walks in our household for the next week or so :smile: He's not too good at sitting still - at least he can walk! And the weather is supposed to be nice - YAY!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Nope, we're going to have a surprise :)

And ugh, bladder infections. Those things suck BIG time.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Is your husband a serious exerciser? then it'd definitely be tough to take that time off. Boo.

I did most of a stage 1B yesterday--I did two round of lunges before my knees began to hurt and skipped the crunches as I ran out of time (yesterday was one of those days). But I deadlifted 45 lbs, 3 sets, and was happy to see that progress.

Then I went to the chiro for the first time in a month and she massaged the inside of my jaw ("massage" is definitely not the right word for it--painfully rubbed might be better) and adjusted me in two places. One was my sacrum, which last time lead to a pinch in my back/glute that led to a nasty lift session; this time I followed her up with two hours on the heating pad to keep the muscle loose. :)

Happy Tuesday. It's going to be warm here but it's pouring.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Is your husband a serious exerciser?

He thinks he is :bigsmile: He's just not consistent at it. We are totally different in that way - I'm up every morning before work doin' my thing and he chooses to go to work. On weekends I prefer to 'rest' (yes, that's what we'll call it!) and that's when he likes to work out. He also runs every day while we're on vacation. My idea of exercise while on vacation is turning the pages of a book and lifting a drink to my lips :laugh: Somehow it works for us.

Good job getting back into the workouts Jen - my DLs in Stage 5 are only 47.5 lbs so you're doing great! It was a cardio morning for me - plus BWM which I managed to do in 2:50! I'm sure it wasn't pretty and my form was probably horrendous LOL I'm thinking 3:30 is probably a good time for that. I know it takes about 40 sec to get thru the first 24 squats. It's just so much easier to do when you're not lifting just prior.

Supposed to be nice today WHOO HOO! Mid 60s! We'll take it :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    The rain stopped! I'm kinda wishing I'm brought my sneakers in to grab a walk between classes! Alas, I guess I'll grade instead. :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a fun alternative :ohwell:
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    At least your husband exercises. My Fiance considers our rec volleyball and playing softball exercise.. We started logging calories again though, 1 day down so far.

No gym for me yet, had volleyball last night late and now have to work my second job this evening. Hoping tomorrow to continue stage 3 (scared of the BWM though, I was sore for 3-4 days after last time lol).

Thanks for the warm welcome back too everyone!

Supposed to get up to +20C here before.. SNOW tomorrow! (Or so I've heard).
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Terrie - you just keep that four letter word in your own neck of the woods :laugh: We don't need it here!

I finally had to take the BWM out of workout A because it was just too long and too exhausting! I could never get through it twice - even if I had the time! I had no energy left after the first one! Now I do it on my cardio days and it goes much better :smile:

Just after I started on MFP 3 years ago, my hubby had a bit of a medical scare. His doc told him his cholesterol was too high and that he'd be at risk if he didn't change his diet. It's not that his diet was completely unhealthy - we eat out a lot! Steak sandwiches, pizza, burgers etc. He did a complete 180 and now will only eat salads with plain protein (no dressing, no onions, no bread LOL - I can order for him in my sleep!) He won't even LOOK at anything processed. After 25 years of living together he actually eats fruits and veggies where he never did before. I call it his OCD diet :laugh: He lost 35lbs in 6 months - he's now 10lbs lighter than me! OH, and his cholesterol is still high! The diet change didn't help - obviously it's the kind your body produces he has issues with. He's now on lose dose medication.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Back to burgers, then! lol. I say that as someone who made burgers last night and had a leftover one today :) I'm glad he's doing well, even if it didn't solve his initial problem.

Terrie, you can definitely keep that snow. Ugh. We're in the mid-60s today. So nice!
  • mayaysf
    mayaysf Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! so im back.
    @rama: im very happy that you got the ok to go back to lifting. good idea to go lower weight and more reps. something is indeed better than nothing.
    @terri: welcome back. i bet u had a great time!!

I had a couple of bad days as in no time to even come and check on mfp. had my best friend coming from overseas a couple of days, happiest ive ever been in a while. took some mental days off as well, my job is getting too stressful lately.

but workout wise i had a pretty good time, i kinda dont completely hate workouts B now hehe. i decided to finish my couple of insanity workout left and today was my official last Insanity day, my 60th workout day for this year (yeah i counted them) and making big progresses in lifting, getting stronger and more confident at the gym.

i didnt necessarily diet since i was eating out with my friend, but still manage to lose my very first pound :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    That's exciting, May!

Today's likely to just be a giant bust. I have fancy dinner tonight at the university president's house--those of us who have been promoted are going over. We're having lobster and filet for the main and I'm sure there will be indulgent sides and dessert. Oh well, diet, today you're going over. Again.

I'm hoping to lift today. Yesterday I had DOMs in my upper back/shoulders--first time I've had those in a while so that was exciting. Last time I had my sacrum adjusted I had a hard time lifting for several days; I'm hopeful that since Monday's adjustment wasn't painful it'll be fine today.

Happy Wednesday!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Jen, that dinner sounds divine! Enjoy it! My hubby's out of town tonight so I'll likely go for a bite with my Mom.

Congrats on the loss May - we all have to start somewhere right? :laugh: I'm sure there are many more of those to come for you (and welcome back!)

I officially finished Stage 5 this morning - can't say I will miss those YTWLs. They were the hardest part of workout B. Although I think I will do one more A on Friday and concentrate on cardio next week before starting Stage 6 on the 21st. Right after my chocolate feast of Easter :bigsmile: I'm also hoping I can start running outside next week. It's still around freezing in the morning and still quite dark but I'm just itching to get out there. I run slow enough my hubby can even join me - it's more of a fast walk for him anyway :laugh:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

@May- congrats on the pound. A loss is a loss!

@Blue- my hubs has the same issue I think. It's hereditary for him so I imagine as we get older, he'll likely have to manage with medication. Also, the BWM SUCKS. I am not looking forward to it next stage, and can never get through both of them. It's one or nothing for me. The YTWL's are the worst... I'm hoping to start getting up early and taking the pup for longer walks which we did last year in the summer.

@Jen- that dinner sounds AMAZING. Enjoy every bite.

I am getting back to the gym today. Really hoping things go ok and I can maybe get some lower back relief. I've had a hard time doing the dumbbell cuban snatches (or anything where I have to lay flat on something) because my boobs hurt so bad. Hoping that subsides by the time Stage 5 rolls around :laugh:

Have a great Wednesday all!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I finally squatted the Oly bar today! I got through a whole 1A without pain, so that was great. 60 lbs still on the row; 20lbs for step ups. Knee pushups. :) I can't do the full size ones more than one or two. At one point a couple of years ago I did a pushup challenge and got to about 40 or so in a row....not these days :)

I've never actually had lobster--not since I was a tiny kid, and I don't remember that at all (I didn't like it, but I don't trust that to hold). So we'll see how it goes! I'm assuming it's just a tail? It's only about 60 calories, so maybe I'll survive the night with my levels intact!