Starting Nov 1

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Jen, there's nothing worse than something like that to derail your plans!
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    I think it's going to be that kind of day :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    I just bought a Subaru Outback (my hubs is a Subaru snob) but I LOVE it. My car was kinda having issues too Blue, and I also unloaded it onto the car dealership. I didn't really care though, some of them are slime balls :) We don't have a ton of snow, but we are fairly outdoorsy and like to go to the mountains, ocean, hiking etc so it was a perfect fit for us. Also having a large back where we can stow away a dirty dog was a huge plus :laugh:

I tried to get up early this morning for a run, but it didn't happen. We have been having some pretty bad weather, not cold or snow, but we've gotten 2 inches of rain in the last 2 days, and 2 more are expected today/tomorrow. Really makes getting up tough. :yawn: I do plan on going to the gym here in about half hour and do Stage 3 A3 during my lunch. Thinking I might try and get a quick run in after work tomorrow night too, we'll see.

Hope it warms up for you ladies!
  • sleepyjen
    We're supposed to crack 50 this weekend. Whoooo!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Subaru's are deff awesome in our Canadian winters (AWD). Unfortunatley, with wedding and every other expense, my budget is $5000 (Blueberry, does that price work- lol). The soon-to-be husband is a mechanic so we have looked at two cars and decided too much work for the budget.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday - fail. Tonight I'm hoping but I'M EXHAUSTED! I'm glad it is 2A today and not B, I don't think those intervals would've been too kind.
  • Blueberry09
    I've heard only good things about Subaru - those that have them love them. We looked at everything when I bought my jeep but the Subaru dealer didn't want us to test drive his vehicles until we tested everything else. We were kind of put off by that - I mean we are here cash in hand and you want us to come back???? We didn't :tongue:

It's been hit and miss for me and workouts this week too! We were out late last night so I decided to sleep in this morning instead of working out. Bad habit to get into lol!
  • sleepyjen
    Today, I swear I'm going to get some exercise for the first time since Sunday. I worked about 14 hours yesterday. Today, today I will get in there!

We drive a little Ford focus. It's not bad in the snow now that it has new tires. Next time I want 4WD though so I don't have to worry about snow at all.

Are you guys all Canadian? I think I might be the lone American left on our thread :) I live in New England.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member

Are you guys all Canadian? I think I might be the lone American left on our thread :) I live in New England.

Fellow American here (Ohian) I'm still hanging around, though maybe not as social as you guys : )
  • Blueberry09
    I think Terrie and I are the only Canadians - we live about 3hrs apart. You guys in Eastern US I think have seen more snow than we have! Which is highly unusual. We got most of ours in Nov/Dec although we did get some more last night. I was almost rear ended on my way to work this morning by some idiot following too close for the conditions. As soon as I hit the brakes I checked my rear view mirror and I could see he wasn't going to stop. He swerved to the right and I swerved to the left and thank god there were no cars in either of those lanes :laugh: A little wake up call first thing in the morning! Works better than cofee but I don't recommend it to anyone LOL

I did manage to get 3A in this morning although I was short on time. In stage 4 they say 2-3 sets of 8 reps. I usually try to do the 3 sets but because I was behind I only did 2 of everything. Only had to take a 10 second break 80 seconds into the 120 plank! For the second one I tried an exercise the PT has my hubby doing - she calls it a superman. On hands and knees, left leg out and right arm out - did 60 seconds of each and then switched. They were a heck of a lot easier than a 2 min plank!

I should finish stage 4 next Wednesday and then we're off to Denver for the weekend. Not sure when I'm going to start Stage 5.
  • sleepyjen
    So glad you didn't get hit, Blueberry! When we were rear ended I came flying out of the car screaming like a crazy person. It was a sight to see.

Good to see you pop up, lporter!

I finally got to the gym today. Some of the young women were lifting and I was envious, but I dutifully ellipticalled for 45 minutes. Now it's time for the work day to really start. Meetings, class, rinse and repeat :)
  • ramalem
    Ahhh scary Blue! Glad you didn't get hit. I love superman's, and yes much easier than planks. I can't seem to even make it to 90 seconds so, go you!

Fellow American here too (Washingtonian, State, not Capitol). We rarely get snow here though... we had about 2 inches a few weekends ago, which means everyone freaks out haha.

I should finish stage 3 by next Wednesday, and then I'll start stage 4 the Monday after. I also am planning on adding in some yoga classes (got a groupon for a month of unlimited) so I'm looking forward to that!

Way to stick to the elliptical Jen, that has to be hard to see people doing what you WANT to be doing.
  • sleepyjen
    It's supposed to get into the upper 30s today so I'm going to aim for an afternoon run/walk. Last time I ran 10 minutes; I'll hopefully get through that without knee tweaks and push for 12.

So you're nearly Canadian, Ramalem :)
  • ramalem
    Hahaha, pretty much. My mom has dual citizenship :)
  • terrie_k
    Not much snow in Washington? I'm suprised with it being so close. Our big headline today was that we just had the coldest February in two decades.

Supposed to lift tonight, I love Fridays because it is so quiet but I would also like one day that I can just go home and do nothing. Maybe Saturday, it is the long 2B anyways...

Glad everything worked out Blueberry and you are OK.
  • ramalem
    Well there is definitely snow in Washington, just not Western Washington (where Seattle is). Bellingham and Blaine (almost border towns) have definitely gotten more snow than usual. Terrie, where are you again? I'm headed to Victoria this weekend!

I also am lifting tonight, but would rather go home. Unfortunately, I'm gone all weekend so I need to do it tonight. Boo. Good luck :drinker:
  • terrie_k
    I'm out in Calgary, Alberta. I have been to Seattle twice and loved it, wouldn't mind making the drive out there again. You guys have the second best outlet mall I've been to (Palm Springs wins). Have a good time in Victoria.

I might do my lift tomorrow, only issue is I need the rest day and have Volleyball Mondays so it means lift Saturday and then no lifting until Tuesday. We are off to Kimberley next weekend for my first, and probably only, snowboard trip of the year.
  • ramalem
    Yay have fun! I love snowboarding :)
  • Blueberry09
    You guys have the second best outlet mall I've been to (Palm Springs wins).

Do tell!! I'm heading to Palm Srpings in May :bigsmile: It's our 25th wedding anniversary :blushing:
  • sleepyjen
    My college roommate was from Bellingham, WA. :)

I ran today! A solid 15 minutes!
  • Blueberry09
    How did the knee hold up?