Starting Nov 1

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Jen I hope your fall was graceful and the only thing you hurt was your pride :laugh:

Ramalem, get ready for a 90 sec plank in Stage 3! Such fun! I can't do it - especially after all the other exercises! I had the 60 sec down pat but 90? Uh uh!

That 80 min included a 15 min cardio warm up FWIW. And I think the first time of anything always takes a little longer. I wouldn't say B is 'worse' per se - it's definitely easier than A but not better. In fact I think I might move those planks over to B as I really don't feel B when I'm done. That might even the time out a little bit. I'd allow for at least an hour for each workout to get it all in. I haven't done the second BWM either - maybe on a day off when I have more time. Although I only have 2 left of each - I'm half way thru Stage 3 already!! Time sure flies!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Geeeze way to plow through blue!!!
  • Blueberry09
    You're not that far behind me! :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    Did you wait a week between the two stages??
  • Blueberry09
    It worked out to be about 10 days as I was away for the weekend. That entire week off I didn't even do any cardio at all.

It's been working out well for me - I was on vacation between 1 & 2 too! My next weekend away isn't until March 13-16 - I don't think I'm going to be as lucky with that one :smile:

Actually I just checked my calendar - if all goes according to plan (3 lifts days M-W-F with 6 days off inbetween) Stage 4 will be done March 12! :bigsmile: Now I just have to stick with my plan :drinker:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    I did go snowshoeing! I haven't reached the point of loving it yet, perhaps because I'm on a golf course rather than trails. I like it. It makes me very tired very quickly, and is certainly a good workout.

Lifted today! Just upper body, using a plan I found online. Did a 10 minute treadmill walk to warm up, then 3 rounds of the following group: bench press, rows, shoulder press, lat pulldown. I benched a whopping 30 but will up it next time--havnig never benched, I didn't know what I could do w/o a spotter. Did bent-over rows w/ 20 pound dumbbells, 15 on shoulder presses, up to 70 on the lat pulldown. FElt good to be sort of back. My "New Rules of Lifting For Life" came in today, so I'll give that a read tonight, after I prep for class.

Right now it's me, a glass of red wine, and dinner to make.

Way to go everybody! I'm so impressed with you guys.
  • ramalem
    @Jen it's such a great workout. I take my dog with me and he's tired for a full day after! Good for you for getting back into it :) Red wine and dinner sounds amazing!

Blue - Ok I think I will take some time off too just to give my bod a rest.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Is the author of the book the same as the NROL4W?
    Lifted today! Just upper body, using a plan I found online. Did a 10 minute treadmill walk to warm up, then 3 rounds of the following group: bench press, rows, shoulder press, lat pulldown. I benched a whopping 30 but will up it next time--havnig never benched, I didn't know what I could do w/o a spotter. Did bent-over rows w/ 20 pound dumbbells, 15 on shoulder presses, up to 70 on the lat pulldown. FElt good to be sort of back. My "New Rules of Lifting For Life" came in today, so I'll give that a read tonight, after I prep for class.

/quote]
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Looks like I am taking a rest week in between 1-2 although unplanned :(

Week is too busy and can't get up early to toss a workout in there. I have been mostly sticking to weekend lifting because the gym isn't busy so I only get about 2 in a week. Maybe start up again Friday..?
  • sleepyjen
    So today I bench pressed 35 lbs, then 40, in three sets; I rowed 60, then 70; and I overhead pressed 15 lb dumbbells. LAt pulldown, 70, then 80. All after a sort of pokey mile walk around the inside track.

Looks like we'll get plenty of shoveling exercise in tomorrow. Yay.
  • Blueberry09
    Great work Jen! Those are some pretty awesome numbers!
  • sleepyjen
    Thanks! it wasn't half bad!
  • Blueberry09
    It's a little quiet in here - where'd everybody go?

I did my 3rd 3-A on Wednesday but wasn't at work that day so didn't have time to post :tongue: Did 3rd 3B Saturday. Stage 3 B is so much easier than A. I can barely walk after A and barely sweat thru B (if it wasn't for those YTWLs there'd be no sweat at all!)

Tomorrow is a holiday here so I plan to do my last A. Last b will be Wednesday and stage 4 starts Monday!!!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    There hasn't been much in here lately. I started stage 2 today and wow, static lunges.. I went with 30lbs per hand because I ended with 65 barbell on the first stage with regular lunges and, oh boy, those last few were a huge struggle. The squat rack was super busy today too.. Everytime I looked, someone new was on it. And my balance is also awful too.

Looking forward to B, but not the intervals, I have a feeling A will be more of my favourite.
  • Blueberry09
    Gotta love those lunges! When you get to stage 3 it's all squats :)
  • ramalem
    Morning ladies!

I took last week off (between stage 2 and 3) and will be starting stage 3 tomorrow. I noticed I was really cranky and tired last week - wondering if that has anything to do with not working out? It's probably just the weather haha.

I'm hoping to see more of a lifting gain in stage 3, as I didn't see much progression in stage 2. We'll see. I haven't looked at the workout in awhile, but I plan to tonight.

@Blue - I like squats MUCH better than lunges so yay!
  • Blueberry09
    Ramalem, tell me again after you finish your first A :laugh:

I did my last A this morning! Man is it tough! I was able to do 2 out of the 3 planks for 90 sec (although it was probably more of a bridge than a plank lol). And that BWM? Still can only do it one time thru. I thought today I might try it twice but I was too spent after everything else. I did manage to cut my time down from 5:58 to 3:43! I don't think I sacrificed too much of my form in doing so. Jump lunges are the worst! You're supposed to jump right into your next one - I jump back to the starting position :smile:

Last B on Wednesday and then Stage 3 will be done!, stage 4 starts Monday!
  • ramalem
    Haha Blue, I'll probably be back here crying on Wednesday :)

Wondering on the BW Matrix, do you think I could do those separately if I needed to cut my workouts short?
  • Blueberry09
    I think so. Workout B I find is so much shorter - I'd either put the planks or the BWM into that one. It worked out for me that most of my As were done on days I had more time. 70-80 min is a long time for a workout.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on workout A :bigsmile: