Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, Meg! I like that top, too. And I"m glad to hear someone else is as silly as I am about sticking to a plan. the assistant director of my gym got back to me--I emailed her last week as the new squat rack says you can't use the iron plates on it, and I need it for the split squat. She says "sorry, use the smith machine until the new plates come in next week!" yeah, no, and I have no more wiggle room for days, so I'm just going to hope she doesn't notice :) Must be done for the 12th!

Please don't shank anyone, Clam. You won't handle jail well, given how much you hated house arrest. Glad to be back at work?

6B today. I didn't like the push press much--it pulled in weird ways on my shoulder muscles. I imagine it'll get better. Other than that, it was fine. Mercifully brief. I added 17 minutes of HIIT at the end, running intervals on the treadmill.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Clam - I've got 15 more weeks to go... who knows what's gonna happen between now and then :) And please don't shank anyone. We'd like to still talk to you :)

Jen - Thanks :) The top is one of my faves and I plan to wear it post pregnancy too (it's maternity) but I just love the color. I HATE the smith machine. Way to be a bad *kitten* he he.

I got my first non new rules workout in today and somehow even managed to run a mile (1/2 mile at a time) without peeing my pants, which I consider a win! YAY!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Good for you, Meg!

I have a work meeting this morning and then I"ll continue working on my syllabi. Hoping to get a walk in later, but rain's coming, so we shall see.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies :flowerforyou:

Spotty wifi in this hotel - will check in again later :smile:

Have a most wonderful day!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I did 6A again today and managed to hold up 8 seconds before dropping on my first negative chin up thing. After that it was never as glorious. 65 for the second set of split squats, 80 consistently on the lat pulldown. Knees on the bench for the pushups. Then 17 minutes of HIIT.

Hope you're all well!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Jen you're a super star!

I am begrudgingly staying out of the gym today due to some sudden and strange lower back pain. Hopefully it goes away and I can get in tomorrow before yoga... boo.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Hey, thanks! Sorry to hear about your back. How does it feel today?

Today I had leftover frittata and homemade sausage for breakfast; alas, I"m meeting my friend for lunch in just two hours. I'm going to need to find room! It's her birthday, so there'll be at least a glass of wine in there :)

I need to buckle down for work. It's hard to do so when it's so nice out! And loafing is so fun!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Back is better today due to some stretching and a pretty painful but productive hip/butt massage from my DH... He's been a real trooper lately. Your breakfast sounds amazing! I had a glass of wine last night and it was absolutely divine!

Good luck getting motivated today - I don't have much to do at work today so I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty bored :/
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    We went out with another friend who is going through a rough time right now and is kind of, um, a difficult woman; so after lunch, I took my friend out for drinks and dessert. So I've had salad, wine, sangria, and tres leches cake so far for lunch. Mmm! So caloric!

I'm glad you're feeling better, Meg!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Morning :flowerforyou: It's Friday!

It's just been crazy since we got back. Arrived home safe and sound on Wednesday. It was a good trip - the last couple of days were very long! I gotta say, Washington is a beautiful state! Of course nothing beats the mountain views but the golden fields of grain in Washington are breath taking! Unfortunately there was a lot of smoke in the air so vision was limited :cry: Although it kept the temps down to low 90s instead of 101 it was supposed to be.

The plan was to get back on track yesterday but it was DQ Blizzard day for charity - you know me - I will do anything for charity :wink: . At least we walked there lol. Today my youngest 'son' and his girl are coming for the weekend :laugh: . I haven't seen him since March when we went to Denver. Needless to say there will be lots of food and drink. I guess I start again Monday lol. The scale was up 8lbs on Thursday morning but it was already down 3 this morning. I didn't drink much water while we were away so I'm pretty sure that's a contributing factor. I'm not going to sweat it - happens all the time after vacation :smile:

Luv the baby bump Meg! Hopefully baby finds a comfortable place to rest - for both of you :smile: Good job keeping up with your goals.

I have to laugh at you Jen :laugh: I am the exact same way about stopping something in the middle so I know exactly what you mean. It's just so easy to suggest it for someone else :wink: Awesome numbers on stage 6. Are the DOMS getting any better?

My goal is to start lifting again after Labor Day but I think sitting on the bike did a number on my back :sad: Wearing a helmet and trying to keep my head from buffeting in the wind strained the muscles, I think. I had to take Advil after my walk for ice cream yesterday. Riding the exercise bike didn't bother it (but my *kitten* was sure wondering why 5 days sitting on the bike wasn't enough?) so I will ride again this morning and try running again next week.

Enjoy the weekend! How many sleeps before CA Christina?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    DOMs are definitely better. I did 6b/2 today and promptly went out for burgers. :) good source of protein and all that!

Sounds like you had a great vacation overall! We're not taking ours until January.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Burgers sre the BEST source of protein. Especially if you put bacon on it :wink:

Where are you going in January? Our next trip is another cruise at Christmas.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Maui! We're excited.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I'll bet. I've never been to Hawaii but it's on the list!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    The kids just left :cry: We had such a nice visit but ate and drank way too much :laugh: Diet starts again tomorrow! A few days late - oh well! Better late than never right? :wink:

My back is still hurting :sad: I sure hope it's better come September 2! I want to start lifting again. Maybe I will walk in the mornings for the next two weeks instead of pushing it running. I can always ride the bike if it rains. It is supposed to cool off to the low 70s by the end of the week - I won't be unhappy to see this humidity leave that's for sure! We are not used to it so when we get it, it's UGH! I'll take the desert over the tropics any day :wink:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    We've had a few really nice days here--low humidity and sunshine, fallish temps. I'll take it.

Sorry your kids have left, but I'm glad you had a good time. I'm trying to find the motivation to go sort out the garage and set up the beadboard planks for painting. We can't cut and mount them to the wall until that's done, and now that the floor is in, it's the only thing keeping us from completing the bathroom. kind of a huge thing, but still.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    set up the beadboard planks for painting.

Did you mean headboard? If not, then I have no idea what you're talking about lol
  • sleepyjen
    Options
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I wish there was a "seriously, I wasn't NOT doing anything" option under cardiovascular exercise. I used my walk hour in the afternoon to sort the garage, set up sawhorses, unpack the unwieldy box of wainscoting trim, unwrap it and peel off the stickers they used superglue to adhere to the FRONT (why?) and then paint them. It wasn't an off day, just not a true cardio exercise :)

Today, I'm ticking the easy stuff off my list ("call for chimney cleaning") and then headed to the gym in a bit. then I have a meeting. Then I have to move the trim pieces and unpack/peel stickers off of/set up the wall planks and paint them. Then go back out four hours later and do it again. I'm hoping that by the end of tomorrow they'll all be painted with two coats and we can start sawing and installing. The planks lock together but need to be glued and then nailed to the wall. That part sounds like a breeze compared to installing mitered corners of the baseboard and chair rails. Our walls aren't plumb. I learned this installing baseboard on this tiny corner in the kitchen where no angle I cut was right--I ended up having to have a significant corner gap that I filled with wood putty. It was a nightmare. This tiny bathroom also has a tiny corner, so I'm having flashbacks.

6A/3 today. Halfway!

Happy Monday!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    You have way more patience than me Jen - I could never do what you're doing.

Quick walk this morning - back is still twinging :cry: I want it to go away now so I can get back into it. Busy day for me trying to get caught up on everything while I was away but I'll try to check back later.

Happy Monday :flowerforyou: