Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was an only cat. His is a good story--he was adopted by a crazy cat lady as part of an entire litter brought home by her partner, an honest-to-god ship's captain out of Salem, Massachusetts. The other cats in the litter were girls and they all beat up on poor Tuesday, who was reduced to a porch and one room where he stayed so they'd leave him alone. He was the ship captain's favorite, as the room Tuesday occupied was the one the captain slept in when he kept weird ship captain hours. Tuesday would knead his chest and they'd sleep. But he was getting thinner from not eating enough and was clearly not a happy camper, so they sought a new home for him. Tuesday ran under a couch when we got to their house, and the captain had to drag him out. Tuesday clawed him up with those forceful back claws and the captain--a big, burly guy--was BAWLING, probably from both the pain and giving away his buddy. It took Tuesday weeks to come out and see us. Once he peed on the floor when we were both in the kitchen, rather than move to his box ten feet away and have me see him. After a few months, he was on our laps and under our bed at night,a nd eventually slept with us. He was such a sweetheart. But a constant puker. Losing him was pretty devestating--he died last April after a long, awful battle with cancer. He'd had a huge surgery and was so freaked out by the cone I made him a shirt to wear over his enormous stitches. The day we decided to put him down--he'd been coughing like crazy so something was clearly wrong with his lungs, and so weak he'd flail all over the floor--I was trying to gently put him in his crate to go to the vet and he freaked out, and I dropped him. I cried for weeks about that. I'm tearing up just writing it. I dropped our poor baby on the way to his end. Awful.

Anyway. Just mowed the lawn--which usually takes me an hour--in 45 minutes. Woot.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Awe what an awesome story! Poor Tuesday :brokenheart: Its unfortunate that all critters can't be as 'abused and neglected' as Nyxon! Who is trying to get my attention while I'm typing lol. Severely neglected, I tell you!

Just finished booking my trip to Denmark in February! Woohoo! No backing out now! We will be gone a total of 17 days. Not used to packing for colder weather lol. This could be interesting :bigsmile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    What (chilly) fun! We have cold here so we're used to it. Layers are the answer.
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Blue - you might consider mixing the food you just bought with the high protein one - will help the cat adjust to the new food and help you use up the bag you bought.

Our cat is what I call a regurgitator - she will randomly regurgitate the food. Consistency varies and sometimes she will eat it, It seems to have helped a little by feeding her 3 times a day rather than putting a full day's worth of food out at a time.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sue! Good to see you. How's things?

I ate so much food last night. Well, no. I ate a normal amount of high-cal food and two beers, one of which was very full-bodied and thus also high-calorie. Was delicious, though I'm way over, again.

I noticed when I put my Levi's on in the last week--a pair of jeans I have a long love/hate relationship with, and which has mostly sat in my closet for years--they fit better in the tummy area. I think I lost a little flab. The scale, which I hadn't hopped on in weeks, read 128.5 the day after my period started. So even though I've been eating more chronically for weeks (I looked at the weekly nutrition part of the app and my numbers have been over on average by a few hundred for five weeks, give or take) I seem to be shifting downward a bit (or at least, sticking around where I initially was before that burst of up up up). And the flab-to-muscle ratio may be shifting. That would make me very happy. If nothing else, stage 6 builds the hell out of your shoulder/back/arm muscles.

To that end, my whole body was sore in the middle of the night--thanks, Thursday's workout!

Today we're hoping to start putting the paneling up in the tiny bathroom. Oh, to get that job done and put the toilet and sink back in would be a dream!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    We did all the running around yesterday picking up everything for Nyxons new diet. Tried dropping the medication into salmon juice - she wasn't buying! We definitely are mixing the foods but she's not having any of that either. We will have to try those pockets for the pills. Supposedly they work wonders but damn they are expensive!

My food wasn't great yesterday either - we are trending :bigsmile: again! No alcohol for me but I had a bacon cheeseburger with jack Daniels BBQ sauce and fries for lunch. Do I get bonus points for not eating all the fries? Lol and I was still under on my sugar at the end of the day!

I haven't lifted since mid July and I'm noticing my jeans fit better too! I'm still not ready to pull out the smaller size but I'm sure encouraged by what I'm seeing. My diet hasn't been stellar during this time frame either!

Have fun paneling Jen!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    So far Ben's doing all the work. I went to Home Depot for supplies. Now I'm icing my arm. I finally got around to doing so today--probably should have Thursday and Friday but I'm slow :) DOMs kicked in something fierce today in my glutes and other arm, too, so if he wants to do it, I am happy to shout encouragement.

3 day weekend here! Lots of time for more fries :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    3 day weekend here! Lots of time for more fries :)

Here too! Went to the same place for lunch again today :bigsmile: I needed it after the stressful morning I had! We went out to the trailer yesterday for some R&R. Ended up not so much. I got up to pee about 3:00 in the morning but we were out of toilet paper. Not wanting to turn on the light I reached into the cupboard for some TP. I felt something really ragged- didn't feel right so on went the light. A friggen mouse had been in there shredding all the paper and leaving lots of poop behind :grumble: Needless to say, I didn't sleep much after that. Every sound I heard I thought it was the mouse! I discovered that Nyxon is not a mouser lol. She was so freaked when she went into the bathroom - her tail was huge!! I was a little freaked myself. The vacuum fell on me as I was on my knees trying to clean it up - Wes said I screamed like a girl :bigsmile: My burger and fries were well earned!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Ew! Sounds like you did indeed earn those fries.We have had mice problems in two apartments we lived in in our younger days--our first apt was a ****hole, so that wasn't surprising--Ben pulled some coconut marshmallows off the shelf we used as a cabinet, and the package and its contents had been chewed up. Ew. Our second place was old, ca. 1910, and hod mice in the basement and the walls. Much less of a problem, as we never saw them--just heard them scurrying at night!

We had huge storms roll through last night--a tornado touched down briefly in Massachusetts, the state next to us where my family lives. Humidity will continue for the newt two days before breaking on Wednesday--my gift to the region, as Wednesday is my birthday :)

We went out on Saturday night (and had Chipotle for lunch yesterday--my in-my-head plan of less eating out, more frugality isn't working!). I was over again but after yesterday I'm well squared up. On Sat and Sun we put up some of the paneling in the bathroom (more work than I thought it would be) and yesterday I also took a 3.5 mi walk, did the laundry (up an down the stairs a zillion times). I also finally worked on my book prospectus, but that involved me sitting still for hours.

Hopefully more panelling will go in today. We have to deal with the pipes now--three for the sink, one for the toilet. Should be interesting, esp as it creeps into the upper 80s with high stickiness. Good exercise, I keep repeating to myself as I hammer in 3-6 nails per plank!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I tell ya, Jen - you need a fitbit! Or something to calculate all that non exercise that you do :smile:

I've never had mice in a living space before - except a garage when we backed onto a farmer's field. We did have some here at the office a few years ago. I was keeping food in my drawer and the little buggers got in there. I cleaned up the drawer and threw away all the food they touched putting the rest in sealed containers on an upper shelf. When I looked the next morning, all they left me was poop! They were so ticked at me for taking away their stash of food they left me a present LOL. After doing some research, I guess they don't like Irish Spring soap so we bought a pack of six and distributed it throughout the trailer. Here's hoping it works! I might have to get another cat LOL One that likes to mouse!

Nyxon has taken to her new food quite well, but we're having a heck of a time getting her to take her medication. Short of shoving it down her throat (which will cause more stress than it's worth for all of us) we've tried everything. She'll eat those pill pockets - as long as there isn't a pill inside! Those pills must have a really strong odor as she seems to know when we're trying to trick her. We've tried crushing it and burying it in her wet food - no go. Salmon juice was also a no go. Little monkey! Now she doesn't trust us. SHe's a pretty smart girl, I'll give her that!

I'm really torn about starting lifting again - I was going to start this morning but I'd really like to get my weight down consistently in the 140s before I start. I don't seem to be able to lose and lift at the same time. I'm not worried about losing muscle as I'm still doing a version of the BWM with a 12 lb bar to try and maintain muscle mass. Or maybe I should lift only 2x a week? I don't know! :sad: All I know is that I'd like to reach my goal after 3-1/2 years of trying! I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it for a couple of months to see where it gets me. So dang frustrating!! Who knew the hardest part of losing weight would be finding that sweet spot that works!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I hear you! I'm not starting 7 today--bicep still hurts. It's less painful but I'm not going to reinjure it. Again. I installed two walls' worth of paneling yesterday as Ben had too much teaching-work to do and I didn't (also, I'm a mule--if I have the time, I'm going to be stubborn enough to do it). It was a lot of work and hot and sticky. I imagine I did indeed burn a lot of calories--I put it in as moderate housework as I'm too lazy to add a category. Yep, a fitbit would be a much better calculator.

My belly--which was largely gone last week--is back. I suspect it has a lot to do with my birth control pill (I've just started a new pack) and salt from take out (we ended up out again last night on the request of some friends). What I would give to chuck the pill and find out! alas, I don't want to have my own bundle of joy, so pill it is.

Must get back to work now. Good luck with Nyxon's pills! We never had any luck with them, either.
    j.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.

I'm back from my 5 day weekend and while I would love to be able to say I feel relaxed and refreshed, I'm quite tired and sore :) I was quite productive though, but looking back it doesn't really feel like I was, which is quite frustrating! I got all the second floor trim painted which made me really happy, re-organized the garage and we did quite a bit of work on the little's room and started painting the trim in there. We finally picked a paint color and I'm hoping to have the entire room painted by the end of the month along with the rest of the third floor trim. We had to get rid of the guest bed in the new nursery and our dog is all out of sorts (he's used to sleeping in there). He spent most of the weekend moping around... not a fan of change that one. His world is about to be rocked in a few months :laugh:

My workouts took a backseat to house projects last week, and I can definitely feel in my back that I need to get back to yoga, so tonight I shall go. I'm also planning on heading to the gym at lunch tomorrow and going for a swim on Friday. Weekends are now pretty hard to get any workouts in as it's football season (we are University of Washington football season ticket holders) so our Saturday's are spent tailgating and going to the games and Sunday's are for recovering and watching NFL! I'm getting excited for our trip to California next week (speaking of, Clam if you're reading I hope you had a lovely time on your CA trip! Your pics looked fun!) for a last little vacation before baby comes. Hoping we'll get some nice weather and I can get in some beach time!

Blue - so sorry to hear about all the trouble with Nyxon. My dog also refuses to eat pill pockets with pills in them, I usually end up hiding them in peanut butter. Smarty pants animals. I've never had mice in a living area but have had pigeons... sigh that was a gross house. They got into a broom closet through a hole in a vent and pooped EVERYWHERE, it was so nasty. I always struggle with lifting and weight, bc I definitely gain when I start lifting. Not sure if it's water weight or what, but I've always had better luck with cardio paired with a lower carb diet.

Jen - sorry to hear about the arm. Rest as long as you can/need to! Stupid stage 6 injuries. You are busy busy in that house of yours. Doesn't it just feel like the projects will never end? Scary about the tornado. I would literally pee my pants if I ever saw one of those. Earthquakes I can handle, tornadoes? No way, no how. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Nice to see you Meg - I thought maybe you forgot about us :wink:

I think pigeons would be worse than mice! They're a heck of a lot bigger - means bigger messes! UGH!

Describing what you did on the weekend made me tired! I'd say you were quite productive! What color did you choose for the baby's room? Poor puppy - you're right - his world is going to be rocked!! What kind of dog is he? And how old?

it will be nice to get away one more time - how much longer are you able to fly? A football fanatic, eh? :bigsmile: For me it's hockey but it's not the end of the world if I miss a game! When we were billeting it was - it was like missing my kid's game. That didn't happen often. We went to most road games too! I really miss those days :cry:

Rest that arm Jen! Unfortunately it's needed for most things LOL I've been off the pill way longer than I was ever on it - I don't even remember any of the side effects (other than the migraines). Surgery is one way of ensuring no surprises! Best thing I ever did - I was 30 at the time and new I wasn't going to be mommy material. I'm awesome auntie material but not mommy LOL Unless it's to something with 4 legs :bigsmile: THAT I can do :laugh:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Nope definitely did not forget, I just don't log into a computer if I'm not at work so I can't check the forums!

Yes, the pigeons were gross, but our house was kind of a dump. You get what you pay for I guess! We opted for a mint green and most everything else in the nursery will be grey and white. Once the little comes we'll go with yellow/pink accents for a girl or yellow/navy accents for a boy. At least that's the plan anyway. We have a three year old Boxer named Louie. We got him from a rescue about 2 years ago, and he is a giant baby. :laugh:

I think you can fly up to 36 weeks although it's not recommended. I am technically past the date my Dr. would like me to fly which is 28 weeks. I'll be 30 when I fly, but it's only a 2 hour flight so she isn't concerned. I booked myself a first class seat (thank goodness for miles) so I'll have plenty of leg room! And yes, big football fan! We are actually driving to San Diego from Orange County to watch the Seahawks play while we are down there. Tickets are crazy expensive to go to a home game, so an away game it is! It also helps that hubbie's work is based in Orange County so his airfare and our hotel/car are totally paid for. Whoo hooo. I love hockey too - I want Seattle to get an NHL team so bad!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I watch football, too! it's the only sport I even kind of keep up with. I used to watch a lot of baseball but since we cut the cable cord four or five years ago I haven't paid much attention.

I love your color scheme, Meg! I'm always so excited when people stay away from all pink for girls, all blue for boys. Yours sounds much more interesting.

We got a coupon in the mail yesterday for Benjamin Moore--2 gallons of eggshell wall paint, a quart of semi gloss trim paint, and a bunch of other stuff (roller, tray, etc) for $89. Sorely tempted since the price is great, even as I don't see us painting again until next year. But then we'd have to pick a color and frankly, that idea exhausts me at this point!

Got my walk in this morning. Indeed, i think I'll probably have a month off until I start stage 7 which made me sad initially but which I've also come to accept. Between the stupid arm (still hurts) and the tattoo next Friday, I'm out of commission a bit. Alas! I suppose I could drop my calories and claim this is a cut, but I think we all know the likelihood of me doing that :)

Have a good day!
  • ramalem
    Options
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY Birthday Jen!

(edited to say) You should wait on the paint, I know it's tempting, but you deserve a break!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jen!

I think taking the month off is a good idea. I never lowered my cals - I ate the same (or should I say aimed for) the same as I had been eating when I was lifting and I managed to break thru that elusive 150 mark. My daily goal is 1650 and for the last six weeks (not including my vacation) I averaged over 1700. I'm less than a lb away from my lowest before I left on vacation. The numbers don't seem to add up but if it's working I'm not going to complain! I'm still doing leisurely cardio - exercise bike or walk with maybe a run thrown in there or there (it was so foggy this morning I couldn't see across the street - so bike it was!). I think you'll do fine as long as it evens out in the end.

I like your color scheme too Meg - it sounds bright and cheery, boy or girl! You may get your wish for NHL in Seattle - they're talking expansion again! You just can't have my Oilers :wink:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Thanks!

I'm definitely going to eat over today. That is my plan. :) eta: i just learned my skim pumpkin latte was 200 cals. Yep, going waaaaay over.

So our Feliway diffuser came in. I plugged it in and it smelled kind of weird--almost like a smoky-ish smell, definitely coming from the little reservoir in the unit not the unit itself/wall/etc. I unplugged it. It's sitting on the mantle now. I'm wondering if the wick will just cause the stuff to permeate the air w/o the electric heating element. Here's hoping. When I googled it it seems that kind of smell is sometimes common? or at least A smell is sometimes common and then fades (probably you just get nose blind to it). Jane seemed weirded out by it.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    We saw the Feliway at the vets - the diffuser was $42 or something stupid like that. And it's only supposed to last 30 days? Are they much cheaper there? The US often has many things cheaper than here. If so, I'll wait until I'm in Florida at Christmas and buy it then.

Nyxon didn't use her litterbox last night - so here's Wes first thing in the morning with his ultraviolet light looking for pee stains LOL /smh!

Enjoy your treats today - I mean, if you can't enjoy some treats on your birthday something is definitely wrong with the system! (I'm ignoring the fact that you've had a few meals out last week :wink: )
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Yes, please ignore my week. And the pizza I'll have tomorrow.

And did he find anything with his light? Gosh, he's all CSI on poor Nyxon! I ordered the feliway diffuser online from Amazon for $25 but yeah, it does last only a month. I should send you ours if we don't use it :)